Arson suspected in historic Milliken ...

Arson suspected in historic Milliken schoolhouse fire

There are 3 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Sep 4, 2010, titled Arson suspected in historic Milliken schoolhouse fire. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Firefighters worked for hours Saturday morning trying to save a historic Milliken schoolhouse from a fire that officials believe was intentionally set.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

Dr Ruth

Loveland, CO

#1 Sep 5, 2010
Someone did not like their teacher. When a student and teacher clash it has a profound effect on the student for the rest of their lives. However, one cannot condone burning down the school house.
Michi

Denver, CO

#2 Sep 6, 2010
Cool that there is a $5,000 reward for info. Betcha whoever did it will soon become known. Is arson a felony?

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#3 Sep 8, 2010
In Colorado, arson can be ruled to be anything between a Class 3 Misdemeanor (4th degree arson) to a Class 3 Felony (1st degree arson).

Any case ruled to be first degree arson comes with mandatory enhanced sentencing because it is considered to be a violent crime.

In this case, I doubt a first degree ruling would come about because no one was hurt and the property value wasn't excessive.

I still hope they find whoever did it and string them up. It's a waste to burn a town's history down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Daily Record: Loveland police calls for Nov. 14... Nov 16 mike 1
Need a place, anyone know of any asap? (Nov '14) Nov '17 Tom 3
News Jehovah's Witnesses convention to inject $14 mi... (Jun '11) Sep '17 The Bible Student 316
Review: Colorado Boat Center (Oct '13) Mar '17 Darren 2
Review: Carlson Farm HOA (Sep '13) Feb '17 Happy Camper 3
CarlsonFarms (Dec '15) Feb '17 Fed Up 2
Who is tis guy David Reiman (Aug '14) Aug '14 Happy8670 2

Johnstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnstown Mortgages