Loveland man won't face charges in shooting but is charged for possessing explosives

Jan 14, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fort Collins Coloradoan

A Loveland man will not be charged by Larimer County prosecutors after he fatally shot James Doyel last year.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mee

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Judged:

How does the public feel about the the D.A not pressing charges for shooting this young man. I do not believe it falls in the Make my day law, or self defense. The man who shot him was sober and had other options instead of going outside to shoot him. What it's ok now to take the law into our own hands even when it means killing someone, When this did not have to happen
Gray

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Judged:

Yes, Forrest Hummel had other options, he could have called the police and waited for them to come as James Doyel beat his wife, Natasha Doyel, to death in Forrest Hummel's back yard.

And yes, defense of another does fall under the "Make my day law". Would you prefer the death of a woman fleeing an abusive husband at the hands of her abuser?

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
just the facts

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

could it be that mr. hummel got preferential treatment because his grand mother was the secretary for the chief of police in loveland for several decades? her name was sally myers by the way.
just the facts

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

and to respond to gary in broomfield's comment, if mr. hummel or his roommate were both there at the time, why didn't the two of them, sober as they were, go out and hold down mr. doyle, who was intoxicated, and let ms. doyle lock the door and call the police? since every second counts. that boy is dead and will recieve no justice.
mee

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

also to respond to gary in broomfield comment.
I believe the couple were fighting for a few hours
before Mr hummel was even home and even asked to leave before he arrived so why weren't the police called then. I don't believe that Mr.Doyel was beating his wife to death. I think Mr Hummel needs to be accountable for his actions. I still believe he had a different choice.
just the facts

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

i'm curious as to how mr. hummel, just freshly cleared of murder and/or manslaughter charges could post a 5000.00 pr bond after explosives, detanators, and bomb making components were discovered at "his" home. am i incorrect in assuming that our country is in a state of war against terrorism? why would mr. hummel need illegal explosives in the first place. doesn't anybody else smell a rat here? what would happen to anyone else, who was not related to sally a. myers, former secretary to the chief of police in loveland as well as the loveland police administrator, would they be granted a p.r. bond or would they actually be held accountable for their actions. wake up people!!! the loveland p.d and God only knows who else is playing home town politics with your community and your money. they protect their own and you mark my words, mr. hummel will only recieve a slap on the wrist if even that. what would happen to you?
Unbelievable

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

Judged:

Are you serious people someone life was ended here this is a tragedy. He didn't do anything he deserved to die for, how many arguements have we had with our significant other? Do you deserve to be shot for that. Hi life is over the insensitivity of you Gary is a sad example of what life has come to be worth in the eyes of Americans. From the description mr. Hummel seems like a man that was looking for an excuse to shoot someone. This whole incident is a tragedy an d justice was not served.
Disappointed citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Judged:

Wow, this story makes me sick. It makes me disappointed for not only humanity, but for our country's judicial system as a whole. There are always going to be corruptions and loop holes in any system but to have such an obviously biased and obviously crooked decision from the Loveland police department makes me sick to my stomach. Although it has been years, I was once very close to the victum, James Doyel, and loved him very very much. I knew him and knew his flaws were nothing close to deserving such a death. The 'make my day' law was designed to protect citizens, not give them an excuse to kill. Even if James was out of line, the story does not match up. Mr. Hummel was. without a doubt, looking to for an excuse to kill and it makes me sick that the Loveland police can be so ignorant as to allow this man to walk the streets. Mr Hummel had several explosives and other forms of unnecessary weapons within his home. I understand the right to bear arms, but that is different than an unhealthy obsession with such deadly objects. Obviously, my passion to the story is much stronger because of my tie to the victum, but it worries me as a citizen to see such an ignorant, corrupt police department. Someone needs to take action and hold this department responsible for their unlawful actions. It was obviously corrupt due to the family ties to the police and I think justice is in order to not only stop this psycho from running free, but to also stop the dishonesty and unlawfulness of this police department. I am very disappointed in the outcome of this and pray to God this becomes more apparent to the public eye or others' rights will be striken from them as well. As citizens of a democratic nation, it is our responsibility to hold our government accountable for their actions. Rest in Peace, James Doyel. In no way, no matter the circumstances, did you deserve not only to be murdered, but to be humiliated by humanity.
Christies Sister

Casper, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

Does any one remember big fat Terry Dale Ranniger that use to work at KOdak. maybe in security. Is him and his wife Robin still live in Widsor>?
Christies Sister

Casper, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

or maybe it was "Dean" Rinnager?? Anyway, we use to hang out togeter at the 'Duke' and tip a few and pick up on the chicks.
natasha doyel

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2010

Judged:

YOU ARE THE BIGGEST IDIOT IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!IT WAS NOT DEFENSE OF HIMSELF OR ANOTHER ,,MY HUSBAND WAS NOT BEATING ME AND ITS SAD THAT HIS REPUTATION IS GOING TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF A BUNCH OF CLUELESS CHATTY KATHYS!! SHUT UP EVERYONE PLEASE AND THANKS
Gray wrote:
Yes, Forrest Hummel had other options, he could have called the police and waited for them to come as James Doyel beat his wife, Natasha Doyel, to death in Forrest Hummel's back yard.
And yes, defense of another does fall under the "Make my day law". Would you prefer the death of a woman fleeing an abusive husband at the hands of her abuser?
natasha doyel

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

Gray wrote:

please dont slander my husband no one was getting beat to death in forrests yard EVER and my husbands death will not be kicked into the dirt and drug through the mud like he's some kind of criminal . He was NOT he was a wonderful husband and father and my daughters hero so please just dont talk w/out the facts. my daughter will someday read these. Ilove you james allen doyel you are always in my heart and i got your back babay no matter what
just the facts

Big Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

heart felt prayers for ms. doyle and family. it saddens my heart to know what you must be going through and will continue to go through for some time. it is a sad day for all of us to know that the man responsible for your husbands death wont face justice because of his family affiliation with the loveland pd. there seems to be an eppidemic of home town politicing all over the country. i know forrest personally and i know he got away with what he did because of who he was related to. i too am experiencing a legal matter with his family. fortunately i have finally got a good team now to deal with the matter. if there is ever anything i can personally do for you and your family please do not hessitate to contact me. if interested please let me know how to contact you by email. warmest regards to you and yours.
kuka mccrary

Carthage, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

Judged:

to natasha im so sorry for your loss i only now am hearin of this i knew james and he was a great man hold your head high those who really knew him knows all these lies are just that lies.hold strong to your memories of him and your daughter.all my love and sympathies for a truely great man who will be missed.
Always Your Best Friend

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Oh my beautiful friend,Tash, you are such an amazing and beautiful woman who has been through so much. This murderer may not serve his term here on this earth like he should but he will most definately have to answer to a higher power some day & I truly believe he will then get what he deserves. And try your best to forget all the stupid lies I still remember how deeply James loved you & he would never hurt you or put you in harms way. He was a great man!!!! I bet he smiles down on you from heaven everyday my sweet girl. I love you!!!!
Natasha Doyel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

A woman fleeing her ABUSIVE HUSBAND @ the hands of her abuser???James was my husband NOT my abuser,he was not a violent abusive person he was a kiind funny caring father and husband who was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and was MURDERED in front of my face for no more than a sick demented persons fantasy of playing GOD !! You my friend are Wrong and should find a more constructive way to spend your time other than sticking up for the man who took away my 2 yr olds daddy ! I love you Jamesy!may God have mercy
Gray wrote:
natashadoyel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

tasha_james47@yahoo.com please contact me
just the facts wrote:
heart felt prayers for ms. doyle and family. it saddens my heart to know what you must be going through and will continue to go through for some time. it is a sad day for all of us to know that the man responsible for your husbands death wont face justice because of his family affiliation with the loveland pd. there seems to be an eppidemic of home town politicing all over the country. i know forrest personally and i know he got away with what he did because of who he was related to. i too am experiencing a legal matter with his family. fortunately i have finally got a good team now to deal with the matter. if there is ever anything i can personally do for you and your family please do not hessitate to contact me. if interested please let me know how to contact you by email. warmest regards to you and yours.
just the facts

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

i sent you an email tasha and i do look foreward to hearing from you. we have much to discuss. take care.
natasha doyel

Crested Butte, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

please call james' mother she'd like to talk to you and send me your number again please i appreciate your concern and we have 7 months to file a civil case so time is of the essence
just the facts wrote:
i sent you an email tasha and i do look foreward to hearing from you. we have much to discuss. take care.
just the facts

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

tasha, i will do so. i am sending you an email with my phone number. have james' mother call me as soon as you get this or you call me and give me her number.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Johnstown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Johnstown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Johnstown People Search