Frankly Speaking

United States

#1 Mar 24, 2011
Who is more arrogant and out of touch with the community,Lyndell Zanotti or Todd Goodman? If you have never been around the real Zanotti you would be shocked at how arrogant he actually is. Totally looks down on the average person in JC and in fact will do whatever he wants whether it is right or wrong! Unbeliveable that we have let this person lead our BOE for this long! Look at the chaos and decisions that have been made during his tenure.
Look at the decisions he has made on administrators. Talk toour outgoing principle in private. Talk to the football coaches and AD and see how much respect they have for this person.
Football, look at the decision to get rid of Rude. Look at the quick exit by Babington after he saw what a mess Zanotti had in JC. Basketball look at the decisions to get rid of Mooney or Peebles.
Morally, look at how he lives. Ethically, well he once started his own kid stone drunk in a HS softball game. Ask the kids that were in her class if you dont believe this (I too could not have been more shocked when I heard from one of the key players on this team).

What do you think of this current situation in JC? Is Zanotti a victim of a bad school district or the district a victim of his leadership?
JCFan1997

Carbondale, IL

#2 Mar 24, 2011
Frankly Speaking wrote:
Who is more arrogant and out of touch with the community,Lyndell Zanotti or Todd Goodman? If you have never been around the real Zanotti you would be shocked at how arrogant he actually is. Totally looks down on the average person in JC and in fact will do whatever he wants whether it is right or wrong! Unbeliveable that we have let this person lead our BOE for this long! Look at the chaos and decisions that have been made during his tenure.
Look at the decisions he has made on administrators. Talk toour outgoing principle in private. Talk to the football coaches and AD and see how much respect they have for this person.
Football, look at the decision to get rid of Rude. Look at the quick exit by Babington after he saw what a mess Zanotti had in JC. Basketball look at the decisions to get rid of Mooney or Peebles.
Morally, look at how he lives. Ethically, well he once started his own kid stone drunk in a HS softball game. Ask the kids that were in her class if you dont believe this (I too could not have been more shocked when I heard from one of the key players on this team).
What do you think of this current situation in JC? Is Zanotti a victim of a bad school district or the district a victim of his leadership?
While i am not a Zanotti fan at all, i don't think you can blame just one person on the board... It took more then just him to do any of the things that you have mentioned..
person 2

Fredericksburg, VA

#3 Mar 26, 2011
At least Goodman is dumb enough to speak to public and tip his motives for being an ass. Zanotti is patient and works quietly behind closed doors to accomplish his goals. Anyway they are both backstabbers out for their own personal gain at the expense of others.
jc legend not

United States

#4 Mar 26, 2011
Ask any of the parents that really get to know and observe Zanotti during their kids high school years what Zanotti is! You will be shocked. Ask Gibbons, Grant, Gaddis,Loucks, Robinson, Tolbert, etc how he treated their kids and what kind of person he really is. Our school system is paying the price for his out of control behind closed doors agenda and we have to make a change. The display our daughters watch each day at practice is sickening, perverted and disgusting.

And in any properly (coaches not on BOE) ran school district this perverted public behavior would be addressed by administration and BOE immediately. In our town it is awkward and can not be discussed due to him being on BOE.
Sour grapes

Davenport, IA

#5 Mar 26, 2011
Sounds like a parent whose kid didn't get to play enough, or quit the team.
Maybe someone trying to stir something up before the school board election?
What a wasted forum by one, or two, losers.
Hadenuf

United States

#6 Mar 26, 2011
Quote: "Sounds like a parent whose kid didn't get to play enough, or quit the team.
What a wasted forum by one, or two, losers."

Nice post Notti one, you are so fricking smart! Actually there are more like severol hunderd of us! Now this poor group of kids are getting a full dose of your laziness and you are out for yourself. Its about time people starte getting on you. The way you treated the Karcher kids, Grant kids, the Gaddis kids, the Tolbert kids, the Gibbons kids, and many, many more is beyond sad. And you really think there are only 1 or 2 losers?(if you dont like the great Zanotti, you are a loser?)Who do you want for the next softball coach Lyndell?(guess) Who do you want for the next principle LZ-notti one?(guess again) Who is such a good coach that you got rid of Thomas and Smiley?(you guessed it)Who do we watch you giggle like a 12 year old with whispering every day in the dugout?(guess again) keep answering ahole and we will have the "hole" town following. if you were real smart you would not have even ran again, as everyone knows you are just trying to live out your childhood obsession. withdrawing from the election before this "hole", a situation, becomes public information would be a smart move. And we have so much more, and yes the election is for the future of JC kids and parents, not an old washed up has been, so we are going to speak out during the school board election. A line has been crossed and our votes are the best way to speak. This is a great place to stir up poopy, just as LZ has been doing for a long time. Poor PZ she deserves so much more.

BRING IT, Notti one (and be sure and have Coonce, Glasco, Spivy, Williams, Skibleuski and all your imports vote on April 5th! they will help you win an election about as much as they were able to win a state championship)

Oh yeah, LZ- Bring it on, Stud Z.(LaZy= Lydell Zanotti) lets get the poop flying. We are having fun! Just like you AFTER practice every day. PS...i love the way you and your coach race to your cars each day at the expense of the team hitting.
Sour grapes

Kelseyville, CA

#7 Mar 26, 2011
Lyndell will win the election and Smiley and Thomas have no business in the dugout. They both are out for one thing, and one thing only.
Their own two kids.
Worst mistake was bringing Thomas to this town.
How about this too. Both of their kids didn't go out for basketball and Thomas' dad was begging boys to go out to "help the school."
Pretty bad when your own daughter, and her best friend won't help the school.
person 2

Fredericksburg, VA

#8 Mar 28, 2011
Sour grapes wrote:
Lyndell will win the election and Smiley and Thomas have no business in the dugout. They both are out for one thing, and one thing only.
Their own two kids.
Worst mistake was bringing Thomas to this town.
How about this too. Both of their kids didn't go out for basketball and Thomas' dad was begging boys to go out to "help the school."
Pretty bad when your own daughter, and her best friend won't help the school.
Who among us is not in support of our own kid? These days lots of kids specialize in one sport. Anyone remember Lymdell trying to prevent Toni Whitfield from running track? Was going to bench her if she tried to do both congratulations to her and her parents for calling his bluff and she got siu scholarship in track. I know Lyndell is against girls participating in other sports he told a catcher 2 yrs ago not to play basketball remember? How is that helping the school Zanotti represents. Dont take my word for it ask these people i'm sure there are others. Coaches make unpopular decisions but i think its time for some new blood in all these elections vote all incumbents out. How could the new ones do worse?

Since: Dec 10

United States

#9 Mar 28, 2011
Lyndell built the JC softball program to the powerhouse it is today. 20 something conference titles, regionals, and trips to State. The off field distractions and BOE problems will tarnish his accomplishments and be remember in different ways. Is Smiley running for the BOE because of how him and Wade were let go as coaches? Or Is he still Lyndell supporter?
JCfan97

Carbondale, IL

#10 Mar 28, 2011
SIRR wrote:
Lyndell built the JC softball program to the powerhouse it is today. 20 something conference titles, regionals, and trips to State. The off field distractions and BOE problems will tarnish his accomplishments and be remember in different ways. Is Smiley running for the BOE because of how him and Wade were let go as coaches? Or Is he still Lyndell supporter?
I think to say that Lyndell built the JC softball program to the powerhouse it is today is a bit of a stretch. Some will say he is a great coach and some with say he is a horrible coach. But the fact he has had Stud athletes the whole time during all the conference titles has more to do with the powerhouse JC softball is then who the coach has been.

These players were stud players long before they got to Lyndell over the past 18 years, and when Lyndell didn't think he had more Stud softball players coming they just went out and recruited players from other towns who could help JC continue to win all those Conference and Regional Titles...

To answer your question about Smiley and Wade i don't know the answer to that... But to think the BOE created a position at the High School just so Wade (who just happened to have a daughter who was a stud junior high softball player)would move to JC, I am sure they are still on good terms...
Centerfield

Kelseyville, CA

#11 Mar 29, 2011
Funny this topic came up two weeks before the election.
Something fishy maybe?

Since: Dec 10

Highlandville, MO

#12 Mar 29, 2011
Hadenuf wrote:
Quote: "Sounds like a parent whose kid didn't get to play enough, or quit the team.
What a wasted forum by one, or two, losers."
Nice post Notti one, you are so fricking smart! Actually there are more like severol hunderd of us! Now this poor group of kids are getting a full dose of your laziness and you are out for yourself. Its about time people starte getting on you. The way you treated the Karcher kids, Grant kids, the Gaddis kids, the Tolbert kids, the Gibbons kids, and many, many more is beyond sad. And you really think there are only 1 or 2 losers?(if you dont like the great Zanotti, you are a loser?)Who do you want for the next softball coach Lyndell?(guess) Who do you want for the next principle LZ-notti one?(guess again) Who is such a good coach that you got rid of Thomas and Smiley?(you guessed it)Who do we watch you giggle like a 12 year old with whispering every day in the dugout?(guess again) keep answering ahole and we will have the "hole" town following. if you were real smart you would not have even ran again, as everyone knows you are just trying to live out your childhood obsession. withdrawing from the election before this "hole", a situation, becomes public information would be a smart move. And we have so much more, and yes the election is for the future of JC kids and parents, not an old washed up has been, so we are going to speak out during the school board election. A line has been crossed and our votes are the best way to speak. This is a great place to stir up poopy, just as LZ has been doing for a long time. Poor PZ she deserves so much more.
BRING IT, Notti one (and be sure and have Coonce, Glasco, Spivy, Williams, Skibleuski and all your imports vote on April 5th! they will help you win an election about as much as they were able to win a state championship)
Oh yeah, LZ- Bring it on, Stud Z.(LaZy= Lydell Zanotti) lets get the poop flying. We are having fun! Just like you AFTER practice every day. PS...i love the way you and your coach race to your cars each day at the expense of the team hitting.
Wth??? Peyton Place?? Now I understand why they can't hit good pitching! Smoke didn't tell me that in the other post JC softball.
person 2

Fredericksburg, VA

#13 Mar 31, 2011
I saw a sample ballot for Marion am i wrong that it appears goodman is running unapposed in his township? If so what a shame sameone should run to help get that arrogant fag out of there. At least in Johnston City we have options to get at least 2 new board members. In all upcoming elections people vote and when possible vote incumbents out how could newcomers do worse?
Doug Out

Dubuque, IA

#14 Mar 31, 2011
Didn't know people got so worked up over softball. I thought as quiet as things were yesterday this entire Johnston City site (all of them) had shut down.
So much for that I guess.
We can still wish all the idiots on BOTH sides would climb back under their rocks for a while.
jcalum

Frisco, TX

#15 Apr 5, 2011
Are people trying to imply that lz and Jill have something going on??
jc proud

United States

#17 Apr 6, 2011
Na na na na hey hey hey goodbye! LZ!!!!
Greg Helfrich

Marion, IL

#18 Apr 7, 2011
I will leave my choice of Mr. zannoti for school board out of this for just a second...But i find it rather discusting that some can trash a person behind an internet ID!... do i agree with him?....no..not all the time , but if I have a problem then i have the Nuts to put my name on it!!!
person 2

Fredericksburg, VA

#19 Apr 7, 2011
Define discusting for us please.
Greg Helfrich

Marion, IL

#20 Apr 9, 2011
Well person2, it's the same as "disgusting' but dumed down for internet bullies!
FarAndAway

Edison, NJ

#21 Apr 11, 2011
I haven't lived in JC for many years, but someone (now retired) who used to work at the HS told me to check out this forum. I see many things remain unchanged.

If parents spent as much time developing the academic aspects of JCHS as the superfluous sports and other mind numbing exercises, maybe the graduates would stand a tiny chance of obtaining a good job. For some reason (ego, maybe?), parents force their children into sports and build the sports enterprise at the expense of a quality education. Children have been reduced to chess pawns, bullied into games that provide little more than bragging points for parents. Shame!

Do you want your children living in your basement after they are unable (and unwilling) to find employment in the real world? Of course, they could always head up the BOE and continue the cycle.

Get a life, folks, and let your kids have their life, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JC Not spraying for mosquitoes 1 hr Indian 5000 18
Mayor Still Corrupt 1 hr Indian 5000 9
school uniforms (Jul '15) 19 hr Actually 11
Scott williams (Nov '15) Wed Ericka 15
Shawna Beth Wed Who knows 1
looking for some family of ray taylor (Sep '10) Tue Tmt33 2
Anthony sims the junkie Jun 27 CBN 9

Johnston City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance