johnston city water bill
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
WISHING I HAD MY WATER

Herrin, IL

#1 Sep 6, 2012
has anyone having trouble with the water dept or water bill so high if so u need to get the min of the last meeting it will make u sick
water bill

Sesser, IL

#2 Sep 6, 2012
We have a large surplus in water fund. But Boyd and his crew won't lower water bills.
why is water so costly

Leavenworth, KS

#3 Sep 6, 2012
ive lived in JC for 3 yrs now..and i had been paying $25-30 for water..and now about over a year or so ago...ive been paying $60+ for water..wth..i called the water dept..they said they've raised the taxes on it...ok...by 300%!? ive heard that somoene was stealing money from the water dept..and now we have to pay it back...i asked the water dept about that, they said thats not true...ITS TOTALLY BS IS WHAT IT IS
JohnstonCity1

United States

#4 Sep 6, 2012
$30 to $60 is a 300% increase???? The water rates were raised earlier this year.
Why

Sesser, IL

#5 Sep 6, 2012
That's just it no one can answer the question why our water bill is so high. We have a least a $800,000 surplus in water fund and the amount grows each month.
Cold hearted

Garnett, KS

#6 Sep 6, 2012
Boyd has said of the poor and elderly " if they can't afford the water bills and higher home insurance they'll just have to move. Not my problem."
WISHING I HAD MY WATER

Herrin, IL

#7 Sep 6, 2012
it is bein takin out of our water bills since someone has stolen money computers anda bunch of the paperwork. one woman asked it they were gopin to take the money out of the camp ground they said no it will all come out of the water bill. now to me thats unfare that we have to pay back anything since we didnt steal it.
How Much in Water

Sesser, IL

#8 Sep 6, 2012
The real reason the town has not seen a treasuer's report in year and a half is that Boyd and Lind don't want the people to see how much we have in the water fund.
Recall election

United States

#9 Sep 7, 2012
It is time to look into a recall election for Boyd, Crabtree, Lind, and Mitchell. These ungodly water bills are just the tip of the iceberg what they will do over time. These 4 will raid your wallet every opportunity they get. All while never disclosing where one penny of it is going. And to think, these guys were supposed to be "financial geniuses".
Black plague

Carbondale, IL

#11 Sep 7, 2012
Boyd, Lind, Mitchell, and Crabtree have been nothing but a cancer to this community since they took over. If they are allowed to continue to spread this town is done for.
Happy face

Carbondale, IL

#12 Sep 7, 2012
Just let me say Home rule!
Thank god from Herrin

Paducah, KY

#13 Sep 7, 2012
Graceful lie black plague or should I call you black Rose? Those people were not a plague as you ask for donations amazing how tables turn
Cheers

Paducah, KY

#14 Sep 7, 2012
Cheers home rule we get to illegally borrow another 400000!!!!! Then blame everyone else - home rule! Heads up I think this is a comment ' home rule' horn to run for mayor - dude don't you still live with your parents yep good for Jc - not
Unbelievable

Sesser, IL

#15 Sep 7, 2012
I've heard of people getting $150 and $200 bills. Just for one month! That's outrageous.
A lot of big drips

Johnston City, IL

#16 Sep 7, 2012
Story on channel 3 at 6 hit it on the head. No one knows what is going on with the water bills and no one cares.
When they call someone on the council they pass it along. Boyd says its not his dept, Crabtree says its not his, ect.
Blame

Herrin, IL

#17 Sep 7, 2012
Cheers wrote:
Cheers home rule we get to illegally borrow another 400000!!!!! Then blame everyone else - home rule! Heads up I think this is a comment ' home rule' horn to run for mayor - dude don't you still live with your parents yep good for Jc - not
Horn got home rule past but he didn't raise water rates and taxes Boyd, Mitchell and Crabtree are to blame
Spread em

United States

#18 Sep 8, 2012
Our old pal Budlight Babe is back to spread more nonsense drunk ramblings. Oh well, at least this time she's not spreading her legs in the Lineman's bathroom!
Bleeding dry

Carbondale, IL

#19 Sep 8, 2012
Bart, Mitchell, Crabtree, and Boyd have been bleeding the people of this town dry with their water rates. Not one person knows where this extra money is going. They can't keep passing the buck forever. The people of this town will remember you 4 come election time.
Does not add up

Paducah, KY

#20 Sep 8, 2012
I watched the news report what I don't get is the bill shown has that customers previous balance it looked like they did not pay last month - really how many people have this issue? Or is it 20 or 10 my personal bill went up 17.00 total is all this to fight? It does not add up ? Blaming everyone is like Jim razor being responsible for the weather
The wind blows it's the mayors fault
I can't pay my bill so I dig up dirt on others
Retards pay your bills
Unbelievable

Marion, IL

#21 Sep 8, 2012
Sure, if you don't pay your bill you're going to have a bigger bill the next month. But, did it ever occur to you that he didn't pay the first bill in full because he didn't have the extra, almost 200.00 when it was due? There are a lot of JC residents who are getting these huge bills, for one month of service, WITHOUT overdues added. Do they ALL have leaks? Do they ALL have faulty meters? Doubtful. Either something illegal is going on at the water deptartment, or they're just totally inept up there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
debit cards (Feb '16) 3 hr TfzDDP 18
Jim Mitchell Has To Go 5 hr Clueless 48
Breakins and robberies 10 hr citizen 6
What Happened To Margaret Holland? (Mar '15) 10 hr Get a Life 4
Jackie Beavers in Franklin county jail 14 hr Wowwwzzz 3
Snitches 16 hr RaisedButNotBornHere 4
jerica tomshack (Mar '13) Sun Rebecca78 10

Johnston City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance