your friend

United States

#1 Sep 19, 2012
I've been seeing a lot of fat little woolly worms crossing the road, my Mom used to tell me what the winter would be like but I forgot how the saying went??
MyMy

United States

#2 Sep 19, 2012
If they are completely black it will be a cold winter, half black half brown it ill be a mild winter, according to my Mom.
karlac

Murphysboro, IL

#3 Sep 19, 2012
@your friend, what color are the wooly worms you've been seeing? I haven't seen any yet.
your friend

United States

#4 Sep 20, 2012
I live out in the country and see them all over the road & try to dodge them cause I don't want to run them over lol my husband thinks I'm CrAzY! I've seen both plain black & plain brown ones both?
Shootingstar IL

Herrin, IL

#5 Sep 25, 2012
Find one that has strips of color. The darker colors indicate cold weather. For example, if you find one with a large dark strip followed by a small lighter strip then another small dark strip- would mean long amt of cold followed by small amt of warm followed by another small amt of cold. My uncle used to predict winter by looking inside persimmon seeds but I dont know what he was looking for. Anyone heard of this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Domestic violence and police standoff back in J... 3 hr Keep guessing 5
If u could have one girl from jc, who would it ... (Oct '13) 3 hr lmao 11
Catholic/Echo School 13 hr Nosey Rosey 1
Little League 17 hr money box 88
Thank You For Your Service Cheese Tue HACKER 4
Best Football Player in JC History Tue Spastic Sphinctor 12
old Shell Station Tue hmm 2
More from around the web

Johnston City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE