police doing their job
wateva

Kansas City, MO

#1 Jan 9, 2013
i have noticed an officer parked near Jefferson school every morning since school began. He appears to be watching out over our school. When i drop my daughter off I feel a little bit safer. This officer was doing thiss before the conneticut tragedy too! I just want to say thanks for being proactive of our kids. This parent notices.
wateva

Kansas City, MO

#2 Jan 9, 2013
I typed that super fast. So the spelling insults shall begin I am sure. I have a post graduate degree and am in the 10 percent group! BTW
Not on the interstate

Marion, IL

#3 Jan 9, 2013
Glad to see he is doing the job he is supposed to do.
omg jc

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Yes thanks for watching out for our lil ones. And to wateva I don't have the degrees that u Do but I can spell and read and write English. But typing on topix with andriod....well it does seem at times I am below educated lol
wateva

Kansas City, KS

#5 Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for understanding "omg jc"! Its not exactly a thesis were writing anyway. Most people on here look for any negative to point out. Yet I cant seem to quit reading for entertainment...

I also noticed that the officer was at the school and one on the interstate generating funds for our town. so it appears they both are doing their jobs! makes good sense to me! I love the fact that our police protect us ,yet they dont harrass the citizens in our town. I like this town and our leaders.
whateva

Kansas City, KS

#6 Jan 11, 2013
Ive also paid attention more to the streets since being made aware by our catfish friends on topix. I notice that they arent as bad as "they" express. I have noticed that West Frankfort has much worse road conditions than our town...professor catfish and his followers always point things out and some of us are intelligent enough to check it out for ourselves.
concerned citizen

Stockton, MO

#7 Jan 31, 2013
They need to have a cop watch over the highschool and maybe we wouldnt have gun/bomb threats or drug dealing and fight right out the school doors. As far as i have noticed Jc cops DO NOT do there job half the time!
Curious

United States

#8 Feb 2, 2013
I felt strange while entering the high school the other day. I could walk right in and nothing stopped me. Door open and no one in site. I graduated almost 10 years ago and that's a scary feeling to know its not locked down.
wateva

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Feb 2, 2013
thats not a police issue, thats a school issue. what are they doing with all our tax dollars? dividing it up amongst themselves?
just wondering

United States

#10 Feb 2, 2013
It is against fire code to lock all the doors up when school is in session. But they could get locks that are one way, you ought not to b able to just walk on in from the street.
concerned citizen

Wakarusa, KS

#11 Feb 3, 2013
No the school has locks where the outside and not inside. you have to push bell unless you have a key. so if doors are open thats how we get shooters.
karlac

Steeleville, IL

#12 Feb 3, 2013
The doors being open, and a person being able to walk into the high school without being confronted by staff, is inexcusable after all the school shootings in this country. What are they thinking?
JC lady

Marion, IL

#13 Feb 5, 2013
Anybody know if Jon Mohring was hired back at the station after his arrest?
whateva

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Feb 15, 2013
i have noticed that the officer is no longer parked near the school or at least most mornings. Wonder why? one would think they would be providing more stable security for our little citizens...should be a priority in my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Its not love sometimes it's regret 52 min It Works 23
Brittney Simpson 1 hr Brittney 2
Don Sol 1 hr Methisbad 4
Duane Pee Verity 1 hr Duane 2
Turd 11 hr Samson 2
Rex summers Fri Jusayin 3
Stritz baby daddy Fri Josh 3

Johnston City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance