maddies having bartenders handing out...
wondering

Herrin, IL

#41 Oct 30, 2012
ok maddie whats wrong with the marines? you were quick to reply on the apperance of your bartenders but cant reply on your statement about marines in uniform,you just hurt your on business there.
MAddies pub

United States

#42 Oct 31, 2012
I did respond on that about marines I didn't post negative comments.
MAddies pub

United States

#43 Oct 31, 2012
i saw it wrote:
<quoted text>It is True,I was there, watched jessie throw out a Marine,that had been there to support his sons music.He was there 2 hours,spending $$$ no problem JESSIEoffended him about his leatherneck shirt. I saw it & will not go back in there.,
Really you saw me throw him out lol so why don't you put your name on the post. Because your full of it
Eye witness

Mount Vernon, MO

#44 Oct 31, 2012
You told him he was not welcome if he was going to continue to wear his colors. This all coming after you gladly took his money for 2 hours. Then, when he did comply with your request to take off his vest which you called colors, he had a t-shirt a licensed Marine Corps t shirt with the knick name given to the Marines, "Leatherneck". This shirt did not say "support your local Leathernecks" or anything of the type. Only you, drowning in your own ignorance, ASSumed, that it was speaking of the Leathernecks /LMCI. You don't want LMCI in your establishment that is fine, there will be no stops on our Toys for Tots runs, or our veterans appreciation events, or our wounded warrior benefits, or VFW charity rides, or any of the other charitable events that we organize & volunteer & give our time, money, and support to. You, can continue to keep your perceived, civil and law abiding patrons, that enjoy your false security so much they are comfortable stabbing each other. The problem is, you thinking everyone that rides a bike &has a patch on their vest is some type of criminal. This is not The Sons Of Anarchy. As a matter of fact the last time you had an incident with a marine is when one was home on leave from the sandbox & he was attacked by 3 of your "good customers", no worries folks they obviously needed more than 3. Folks, If you wanna have a drink with a Leatherneck, come to the Marion VFW, they welcome all Patriots.
i saw it

United States

#45 Oct 31, 2012
Eye witness,I thought that was what I saw happening Thanks for the backup .I was just called a liar,by maddies,in their previous post.Im Glad you saw it too
lmao

Ballwin, MO

#46 Oct 31, 2012
i saw it wrote:
<quoted text>It is True,I was there, watched jessie throw out a Marine,that had been there to support his sons music.He was there 2 hours,spending $$$ no problem JESSIEoffended him about his leatherneck shirt. I saw it & will not go back in there.,
i was there too. Jesse asked if if he would like a maddies shirt so he could stay and enjoy it. It was a leathernecks motorcycle club shirt...NOT A USMC SHIRT! I saw the shirt. It was undenyable. U dont have to go back but dont make it out that jesse was picking on him because he was a marine! Thats bullshit and u dont know your facts. Yes he is a former marine but he was wearing a biker club shirt and that ALONE is why jesse said something. The rules are posted. Marines are supposed to be used to and capable of following rules. And the vast majority do. Why is it the other biker club members have the decency to respect these rules w/out incident and a few ex marines who are in a mc club turn it into something its not. No colors! Period! Vets welcome and appreciated! Period! Clear enough! Im tired of seeing these people attacked by mindless simpletons! Are you marines or cattle blindly following a herd....think for yourselves people. If you have doubts go in and talk to the man...see for yourselves.....shame on you.
MAddies pub

United States

#47 Oct 31, 2012
Eye witness wrote:
You told him he was not welcome if he was going to continue to wear his colors. This all coming after you gladly took his money for 2 hours. Then, when he did comply with your request to take off his vest which you called colors, he had a t-shirt a licensed Marine Corps t shirt with the knick name given to the Marines, "Leatherneck". This shirt did not say "support your local Leathernecks" or anything of the type. Only you, drowning in your own ignorance, ASSumed, that it was speaking of the Leathernecks /LMCI. You don't want LMCI in your establishment that is fine, there will be no stops on our Toys for Tots runs, or our veterans appreciation events, or our wounded warrior benefits, or VFW charity rides, or any of the other charitable events that we organize & volunteer & give our time, money, and support to. You, can continue to keep your perceived, civil and law abiding patrons, that enjoy your false security so much they are comfortable stabbing each other. The problem is, you thinking everyone that rides a bike &has a patch on their vest is some type of criminal. This is not The Sons Of Anarchy. As a matter of fact the last time you had an incident with a marine is when one was home on leave from the sandbox & he was attacked by 3 of your "good customers", no worries folks they obviously needed more than 3. Folks, If you wanna have a drink with a Leatherneck, come to the Marion VFW, they welcome all Patriots.
That's a lie but what ever you say all people have to do is read previous post from this so called victim him his self says from the beginning he never wore a vest in my place so right there proves your full of it grow up and get a life .
Rusty

Highlandville, MO

#48 Nov 1, 2012
Obviously somebody posted the no marines comment trying to stir more shit on here. Everyone on here hides beneath made up screen names. Do you really think a small business owner would post something so ignorant and financially harmful to their own establishment? I don't
dude

United States

#49 Nov 1, 2012
order 20 wings eat 15 ask for a little box so you can eat the rest later You will get to meet the Jesse I had the honor to meet.What an a hole over 5 wings that I paid for.
MAddies pub

United States

#50 Nov 3, 2012
Lol if you knew how to read the menu says eat in only no to go boxes. Duh I can't help that people like your self can't read. Dude and yes my name is Jessie . You can go anywhere u want and eat wings . Let nice people come into Maddies . It's amazing how when you try to make people abide by the rules they start crying.
Rick

Carterville, IL

#51 Nov 4, 2012
Grim wrote:
What is wrong with marines?
HEY Jessie,If it was not for the Marines and the departments of the military you would not be in business today.I have been in there several times and until just recently you did'nt seem to mind the bikers with colors.
dude

United States

#52 Nov 4, 2012
They did not give me a menu.You said I can go anywhere I want to eat wings.GREAT attitude .I WILL go elsewhere.Eat my wings with out some one yelling at me.
Hello JC residents

Sesser, IL

#57 Nov 30, 2012
If you go o Maddie's on the wekend nights folks and get "lucky" you may even get a 'lap dance' for free! Have seen this on their Facebook advertisement pictures. This is okay for high school kids to go and eat at? Please this is a dive where bikers and skanks go to catch whatever they can get their hands on. Forewarned! When the bands that play there are called the Pimps and such what do you all expect?

Since: Dec 12

Carterville, IL

#58 Dec 6, 2012
jeremy cauthan wrote:
All of my military friends and family patron the place and are treated w respect and great food and service. They have posted on the door "no colors"...meaning biker club colors...the marine thing came up because a crybaby wearing a leathernecks motorcycle club tshirt was told no colors..and then the owner was decent enough to offer him a free maddies tshirt so he could continue to enjoy his evening.. i dont have to be anonymous to post my thoughts on here. Im here to clarify because the owners are good people. Good family people...who would do anything to support the community...things like donating money to its schools and programs. Veterans should not be mislead by simple minded crybabies into thinking these people do not support them. Ive had this conversation w the owner..i know his stand on the issue..and to judge those girls who work there by their clothing? How petty are you lady? Judge not lest you be judged. They dont dress promiscuous there..its not encouraged..some people should find hobbies...you should be ashamed of yourselves for attacking these people...they work hard..pay taxes..support their community..treat everyone w respect..and im damn proud to call them my friends! Please people...think for yourselves..dont be lead astray from common sense by a band of idiots!
Once again I have to hear that your on a public forum calling me a crybaby. I've not once bashed you or Jessie, all I did was state the facts of what happened to me at the bar back in August and let everyone form their own opinions. Put your money where your mouth is Cauthan and step into any ring with me. I'll show you who's a crybaby. Just be prepared to go to sleep. Anyone can talk trash thru their keyboard. I'll do it in person. Just you and and I. Then everyone can see who's the crybaby...
Its his bar

United States

#59 Dec 6, 2012
I was never once asked to leave because i was in the military at maddies . I have many friends who are part of nonvioilent motorcycle clubs and they dont wear their colors in there becaise its the rules its not about disrespecting someone of the armed forces or a police officer or firefighter whos apart of their respected club but you cant pick and choose who you allow to wear colors in your bar its not fair. People who come from the respected branches of military should respect the guys decision to not allow colors in his bar to try and cut down on the violence and bad business certain MCs bring into the bar scene. If you dont agree with the rules go to another bar its that simple.
True

United States

#60 Dec 6, 2012
I understand the rule of no colors. It's to keep trouble out of the bar. If people can't understand or respect that then find somewhere else to go. No one makes you go there. But bashing Maddie's on a public forum is childish and insane. It's also cowardly and if you have something to say. Why don't you say it to him and not hide behind fake names on a computer? Ya real grown up, Oh by the way I don't even go to bars but I do have family in the military and I still agree with what was done. No colors means no colors.
Then

Marion, IL

#61 Dec 6, 2012
Every military person should be allowed to wear their shirts because they earned their right to by serving our country and YOU. Have some respect. They are doing a GREAT job of stopping the violence by getting young kids stabbed and allowing "favors" to be shared by their staff. How about find a new job & we'll find somewhere else to go. We don't want that kind of trash around here.
REDHEAD

United States

#62 Dec 6, 2012
I cant believe that you are Going on beating a Dead Horse,I guess Bad news is better than no News at all.My Marine a 20 year,Vet...From J.C. will not Celebrate there.
Elijah

United States

#63 Dec 7, 2012
So everyone's been on here bashing Jessie and Maddie's over the past few months and it's about time I put my 2 cents worth in. Having worked for Jessie I know for a fact he does not discriminate against any branches of our military, and he respectfully has it posted on the door concerning bikers and the fact he does not want them wearing colors in the club, makes perfect sense though seeming how most of you half-wit morons that keep slandering him and the business on here don't understand the just of it. With him not allowing colors it keeps the fact of having rival biker clubs coming in and starting fights and trashing the place that they bust their asses for everyday to allow for people to come and enjoy a drank and some food, it's to help keep drama and violence to a bare minimum the best he can. In the time I worked there I seen numerous instances of the colors coming in and out but when it came to Jessie confronting them he did it in a very respectable manner and gave them the option of following his rules or hitting the road. Seems far enough right? And as far as they way the ladies dress people understand this it is their freedom of choice of what they wear you cant understand that then go read the constitution of america a couple times, the way the dress isnt any of your concern. They make most of their money through the week off of tips, would you tip a bartender male or female if they were wearing a turtle neck and some sweatpants....probably not. And when it comes to the establishment being negative towards any charities or anything like that I can tell you that is complete bullshit. As I went there in September to organize a fundraiser/poker run for a friend of mine that was a victim of domestic assault and he welcomed us with open arms and was willing to do what he could on his end to make the event possible without asking us for anything in return. So while your sitting at home with nothing to do better than getting on here and slandering someone who runs a business to provide for his family and the community around them GET A FUCKING LIFE AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT POST. And if you don't like my words and they offend you take it up at the complaint department for someone who gives a shit because I honestly don't so the next time your out and you know me and see me say whatever you feel is on your mind.
I like maddies

Herrin, IL

#64 Dec 26, 2012
Just wanted to say I've been patronizing this place since they opened and I enjoy the people there and it's a nice place to hang out with your friends.they have great food at a great price . Thanks for having a clean comfortable establishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atty: Duane Verity (Oct '14) 1 hr Volleyball Starr 77
Democrat fringe crybabies 1 hr Nature sux 28
Dangerous LameDucks 1 hr Evron 4
Help wanted mayor 2 hr Sent To Timeout 14
When Will Buffalo Wild Wings in Marion Open? 3 hr Dowdy 7
tiffani vaughn Thu yuck 6
Bo McVey Thu Shell05 4

Johnston City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnston City Mortgages