JCHS Student

Marion, IL

#42 Jul 5, 2012
Former Victim wrote:
<quoted text>
I truely understand your thoughts and feelings because I used to be in your shoes. I didn't get physically bullied but the words hurt as much as any fist could have. Also I am a person who cries when I get mad and that made things so much worse because it was taken for weakness. I got nominated to run for different things so the kids could point and laugh when I lost. I got called every name you can think up, spit wads thrown at me, noone would sit with me at lunch. When we had to go to the gym for a program it kids pushed each other to keep from sitting with me or touching me. No I didn't stink, my family wasn't trashy and I wore clean clothes daily. My mother worked here in town and dad was a factory worker. When I got to high school I thought all would be better...WRONG!!!! That was the the most miserable 4yrs.
Now it is 42yrs after graduation. Of course now I deal with these people as business men and women. They laugh and smile and joke as if nothing ever happened. It makes me wonder, are the parents or grandparents of your classmates the same ones that bullied me and is this just a vicious cycle that will never end??
The only advice I can give you is report it to an adult, then grow a thick skin and don't let it ruin (like I did) what should be the best years of your life.Hold your head up, smile and don't give them the satifaction of making you miserable. Good Luck to You.
thank you so much that means a lot.
Watch it

Olney, IL

#43 Aug 18, 2012
Careful what u say on here cops r now tracking ISP addresses to where post r coming from bashin ppl and r charging them an puttin them in jail for cyber bullying. Just keep ur mouth shut ppl or u will be a criminal if u bash ppl.
Teacher

Marion, IL

#44 Aug 18, 2012
Watch it wrote:
Careful what u say on here cops r now tracking ISP addresses to where post r coming from bashin ppl and r charging them an puttin them in jail for cyber bullying. Just keep ur mouth shut ppl or u will be a criminal if u bash ppl.
You have been ill-informed.
number 1 dad

Tinley Park, IL

#45 Sep 20, 2012
Any of these kids toughin up yet?
HS Parent

United States

#46 Sep 22, 2012
My daughter is being bullied by some sisters and their friends in high school along with the assistance of the sister's parents. We went to school officials, local police repeatedly, yet the bullying continued. Local pd threatened to arrest us in front of witnesses if we complain again. So I called state pd. They instructed us to get a restraining order and see the states attorney. We did just that. The Assistant states attorney contacted the unit office, and school was informed. Mayor was told how the local pd handled it because they had stated they was friends of the family doing the bullying and they threatened to arrest us if we go to the local pd to make a complaint which is our right and their job. If you are not getting help on a local level, you can go above them as we have. We now feel like we have a recourse and there will be consequences if anymore bullying occurs. So if you are a victim of bullying, seek help in higher places if you feel you are not getting help from those at the local level. I have discovered there are those at the local level that if they know what is happening they will assist you. I do want to add school officials have addressed this issue all along but schools can only do so much. They have a process they must follow. So kudos to the school for their assistance.
Good ole boys club

Carbondale, IL

#47 Sep 22, 2012
You will get no help from this mayor or council with anything. They are living, breathing proof of corrupt small town government.
HS Parent

United States

#48 Sep 22, 2012
As of this point the Mayor has given me no reason not to believe him. If in the long run this approach turns out to be futile, I will then go higher up. The issue being the protection of my family, I have documented everything and every step I have taken. I will if necessary take it tobthe media, take it to the state, and become the voice for those being bullied and the corruption in the local levels to protect the bulliers. I will also use legal avenues with the witnesses I have to sue the local authorities who threatened to arrest us for reporting the bullies. But first I will allow the Mayor to handle it. I would rather not have to go higher and bring in outsiders into this situation. I want to believe there are still those in JC in positions of authority who care enough to step up and protect and fix the issues that are plaguing the community of JC.
HS Parent

United States

#49 Sep 22, 2012
So for those who have children who are being victimized by bullies, and you have proof that the parents are encouraging or involved in the bullying, and you have exhausted local avenues to no avail, my recommendation is first get a restraining order, second talk to the states attorney's office, third talk to your mayor. If none of this works, go higher and contact local and national media, making sure you are documenting every incident and every step you gave taken to address the issue. If enough people make complaints of the problems in this community eventually something will have to be done. Just like "Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD)," we can be Parents Against Bullying. Lets stand together, using peaceful legal avenues which is our right, and fight this growing epidemic in our community.
HS Parent

United States

#50 Sep 22, 2012
The change will only happen if we stand up and work together. Kids if you see someone being bullied or teased report it. Adults if you see somebody being teased or bullied report it to the school or local authority. How can you complain about the problem if you refuse to be part of the solution. Lets take back our community and make it safe again. Stand up, stand together, lets change our community into one we can be proud of. The officials cannot do it alone, it takes everyone working together.
Piizzle10

Herrin, IL

#51 Sep 23, 2012
It's highschool. It happens everyday. Grow some and handle like a mature person. Don't run to somebody else for help becuase you're going to get even more made fun of. Don't be stupid. Fight your own battles.
HS Parent

Bates City, MO

#52 Sep 23, 2012
Piizle10 is either a bully or parent of a bully. Piizle10 obviously is talk and no do or he would of grown balls and gave his/her name. No one should be bullied in any way whatsoever. School is a scholastic learning institution not a place to be harrassed and bullied. Bullying is immature and usually a result of bad parenting and terrible home role models. Piizle10's statement speaks volumes for his/het lack of morality and decency.
Teacher

Herrin, IL

#53 Sep 23, 2012
HS Parent wrote:
Piizle10 is either a bully or parent of a bully. Piizle10 obviously is talk and no do or he would of grown balls and gave his/her name. No one should be bullied in any way whatsoever. School is a scholastic learning institution not a place to be harrassed and bullied. Bullying is immature and usually a result of bad parenting and terrible home role models. Piizle10's statement speaks volumes for his/het lack of morality and decency.
Hmmm....where are YOUR balls?
Sick of stupid people

United States

#54 Sep 24, 2012
O
HS Parent wrote:
sounds like you are the bully..
jc resident

United States

#55 Sep 24, 2012
HS Parent wrote:
maybe you should grow some and give your name.. your the one going to make a stand and change the world, but you have to get on a public forum and use a fake name.. lol people these days hypocrites and liers...
Pickles

Herrin, IL

#56 Sep 24, 2012
Sick of stupid people wrote:
O<quoted text> sounds like you are the bully..
Ironic, isn't it? The name calling, the condescending tone. Classic bully.
Lolz

Herrin, IL

#57 Oct 15, 2012
i completely support kids who bring guns to school
HS Parent

Carrier Mills, IL

#58 Oct 16, 2012
JC RESIDENT, you who does not use your own name telling me to grow some balls. lol You are a joke. Stop harrassing these girls and their families.
Shootingstar

Carterville, IL

#59 Oct 16, 2012
I think all parents, teachers, school administrators, and students over the age of 14 should watch the youtube video of Amanda Todd. Adults have to realise that bullying today is much more involved and worse than in our day. How can kids encourage another kid to kill themselves? If our children have no more empathy than this - Heaven help this country. We will end up no better than the countries in the Mideast who think nothing of killing anyone who is different and enjoy having "power" over the downtrodden. Please teach your children to "live and let live"
Daniel

Marion, IL

#60 Oct 16, 2012
Shootingstar wrote:
I think all parents, teachers, school administrators, and students over the age of 14 should watch the youtube video of Amanda Todd. Adults have to realise that bullying today is much more involved and worse than in our day. How can kids encourage another kid to kill themselves? If our children have no more empathy than this - Heaven help this country. We will end up no better than the countries in the Mideast who think nothing of killing anyone who is different and enjoy having "power" over the downtrodden. Please teach your children to "live and let live"
I watched the video. Here's what I thought. The reactions of the antagonistic students were uncalled for, in part. And in a small way, she deserved all she got. She knew not to get naked on the internet, that's common sense. And having sex with a guy in a relationship? Her fault. Guy's are wired to get it in, she shouldn't have fallen for it. So yeah, she was probably called a slut, but wasn't she? The physical or verbal abuse wasn't justified, I'm not saying that. My policy is to ignore those who I would otherwise be mean to, and it's a good policy. It seemed like the students for the most part did just that, and good for them. The alternative to no attention in her situation is negative attention, and I think the students were mature in shunning her at the lunch tables and around school. The only time it got out of hand was after she slept with that girl's boyfriend, when there was physical violence and ganging up. At that point someone in that school should have come to he defense. If it seems like I'm insensitive, it's because I am. I don't bully because I never know what other people are going through, but we can never expect the masses to adopt that policy. Until then kids being bullied (verbally) should rally around the old phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." and behave themselves. If she lived a virtuous life none of those bad things would've happened.
SOS

Lenexa, KS

#61 Oct 17, 2012
"Sick of stupid people"
Get use to stupid people, there will always be one hiding in your mirror

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kay Brothers Caught Blowing Ronald McDonald Beh... 25 min The Kay Brothers 8
Democrat fringe crybabies 3 hr Meloftarth 30
Jack kay 4 hr Useless 18
SHAY LEWALLEN Center for Disease Control 4 hr Guy 14
Help wanted mayor 14 hr Sent To Timeout 14
tiffani vaughn Thu yuck 6
Bo McVey Thu Shell05 4

Johnston City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance