First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Shootingstar

Carterville, IL

#1 Apr 16, 2012
There is a big problem at washington school with bullying. One kid in 7th or 8th grade has been tormented for years- YES YEARS! This started over at lincoln and they just kept it up when they transferred over here. Other kids have told me they dont even want to be seen talking to this kid as they are afraid they will be picked on as well so now he is totally ostracized. He has been hit, kicked and punched. The school just states they will try to keep an eye out. They are asking for a big lawsuit cause things are now being documented and the parents of the tormentors may find themselves in court too!
Seen it

United States

#2 Apr 17, 2012
Its not right! Good luck to the child and parents i do hope they do something about it. I have heard and seen some other bullying going on with the girls and from what i understand a mother did say something the girl is still being called names and of course the parents say " my kid wouldn't do that" ha these are suppose to be "nice" people hmm. Read what your child puts on facebook and find out what there code words really stand for.
Mom of one gone

United States

#3 Apr 18, 2012
I truly hope that these parents will stop their childeren. Im not so lucky my daughter took her life 10yrs ago just because some girls thought she was to fat. and yes these girls were thought to be such nice kids and their parents well they just said oh kids r kids and maybe your daughter took it the wrong way NO she was one of them till one day one of the girls decieded that she didnt like her anymore then the rest of the girls followed. i wish you good parents would feel my pain for 1 long minute. im feeling everyday put these nice kids names on here and i bet their parents would just come unglued!!! oh yal thats becaues its just words uhh
bully beat donw

Herrin, IL

#4 Apr 25, 2012
you pay my court costs and bail me out of jail and I'll go break all his limbs
parent

O Fallon, MO

#5 Apr 25, 2012
the 8th grade girls are the worst. The sad part is their parents are involved as well... very sad!!!!
another parent

Marion, IL

#6 Apr 25, 2012
This bullying really needs to stop. My child is very happy that the school year is almost over because they are getting bullied at school and the parents get confronted and they say that their child wouldn't say that or they believe their child because they say they didn't say it. I had an incident where the parents where promoting the bullying on facebook. I know parents do get upset when their child gets hurt and vents on facebook, but I have never degraded a child on facebook like they have my child and if you say anything, you are the bad parent and then the kids start badmouthing because they see and hear what their parents say.
number one dad

United States

#7 Apr 25, 2012
maybe the kids getting bullied need to toughing up.... i've bullied people all my life and im awesome! number one some might say;)

Since: Apr 12

Carbondale, IL

#8 Apr 26, 2012
Teach your kids how to fight and defend themselves. If the school wont stop it, then maybe your kids can stop it. Public school system is horrible, you cannot discipline kids anymore so the bullying will not decrease any as I foresee. Teachers and personnel are forced to care more about money than the kids. If enough parents would remove their children from the public school and resort to private resources, the schools would get the grip and comply with our demands. Until then, expect the worse to come. ;)
bully beat donw

Herrin, IL

#9 Apr 27, 2012
I havent found an 8th grade girl who could beat me up yet
take the skinheads bowlin

Herrin, IL

#10 Apr 27, 2012
and we wounder why kids shoot up there class mates after 1st period
clovis hunter

Tomball, TX

#11 Apr 28, 2012
a bunch of sissys !!!!!!!!!!
another parent

Marion, IL

#12 Apr 29, 2012
ARE YOU SERIOUS??? What kind of parent is saying it is okay to bully other kids? There is a difference between standing up for yourself and being cruel. If your a number one dad, then why don't you say who you are so we know it is true. There is not a father in this town that I know people completely respect saying they are a good father. Us as parents have to show our children how to stand up for themself and also how to respect others, not treat them like crap.
disgusted

United States

#13 May 3, 2012
This disgusts me. My cousin is going through this there...and some of the parents are condoning their child's immature, rude, and hatful actions. Even publicly supporting it through facebook..come on guys, you're 30+ years old...stop the facebook drama and get a Damn hold on your child.
Stargazer

Jacksonville, IL

#14 May 4, 2012
number one dad wrote:
maybe the kids getting bullied need to toughing up.... i've bullied people all my life and im awesome! number one some might say;)
Awesome in your own mind, I'm sure. If you have bullied people of of your life, then you aren't awesome.
A Guy

United States

#15 May 4, 2012
Have you looked to see what happens when you fight at school. This is not 1980 you get kicked out forever.
Highschooler

Herrin, IL

#16 May 4, 2012
If you have a child in middle school, and you think that bullying is the WORST problem at Johnston City schools, you'll probably see different once they get into highschool.
another parent

Chicago, IL

#17 May 7, 2012
Some of these parents have their name in town that people are scared of them since they have money or you have some that just have their nose stuck up certain parent's ass that they don't care what their kids do as long as they follow these bullys. It is sad to say that the family is on the police force and promotes this. Stop starting the drama and take a bath!(your family stinks)
What-ever

Chicago, IL

#18 May 8, 2012
Seems to me that the bullies start at the parent level. Case in point, see above post, it appears this "parent" is also a bully or thinks they are one. Any adult would not be coming down on a certain family and posting these remarks. Very childish. As a parent we must teach our kids compassion and how to stand up for themselves. There is a big difference between standing up for yourself and bullying.
feeney

Herrin, IL

#19 May 8, 2012
I think I know who this kid is and if you dot mind my saying his name it's Darius I saw this bullying occur but never really took part in it one day he stole the string from one of my friends hoodies for what ever reason and we asked for it back he refused and then someone said "hey is that the string to your man purse?" mind you this was in sixth grad we weren't the most mature bunch so I went along with it he became enraged he tried to hit me I just moved out of the way I thought it was the right thing to do but he fell and it embarrassed him which made him more irate well after all that he got suspended and I got sent straight back to the class cuz I never hit him anyway I decided to make up with him and now we are close friends since then most people are nice to him except the most stuck up kids and noone really cares about him anyway
feeney

Herrin, IL

#20 May 8, 2012
I think I know who this kid is and if you dot mind my saying his name it's Darius I saw this bullying occur but never really took part in it one day he stole the string from one of my friends hoodies for what ever reason and we asked for it back he refused and then someone said "hey is that the string to your man purse?" mind you this was in sixth grad we weren't the most mature bunch so I went along with it he became enraged he tried to hit me I just moved out of the way I thought it was the right thing to do but he fell and it embarrassed him which made him more irate well after all that he got suspended and I got sent straight back to the class cuz I never hit him anyway I decided to make up with him and now we are close friends since then most people are nice to him except the most stuck up kids and noone really cares about THEM anyway SORRY TYPO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tRUMp wants out of syria 25 min Squeaky 20
Jason Burnett single? 1 hr Knower 7
Short Herrin Cop 1 hr Most Cops are cre... 7
Timmy Smith 4 hr Noneubuisness 22
Officer Bond uses JC police car for self 18 hr JC Press 35
Chasidy P Sat Jake from statefarm 4
Melissa Mckinney Apr 19 Anthony 5

Johnston City Jobs

Personal Finance

Johnston City Mortgages