Out of Business

Carbondale, IL

#1 Aug 14, 2012
Our brilliant "businessmen" that now lead the city have struck again. Now they have screwed up the TIF district at the golf course and the mobile home dealer is paying taxes out the ass.

With this group keeping businesses out, running existing ones out, and preventing any progress at all, JC will be a ghost town by next year. Just another screw-up from Boyd, Bart, Crabtree, and Mitchell on a list that is getting too long to count.
Actual Facts

Carterville, IL

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Get the facts straight before you go placing blame. Do you know when the TIF was created? Who created the paperwork? Who voted to approve the TIF? What taxes are actually being paid or not paid by mobile home dealer? These are all questions which the answers you may find interesting if you investigate.
Charlie Brown

Marion, IL

#3 Aug 14, 2012
Is there a santa claus? Is there a great pumpkin? Interesting topixs. Bottom line the guy at the mobile home park will pay more taxes because this group failed to live up to their responsiblities. Seems to be a pattern here.
Woman riding a broom

Marion, IL

#4 Aug 14, 2012
I think a lot of the blame for this should be directed to former city clerk Karen Hatfield.
She didn't do a lot of things she was supposed to do,and didn't care if she did, or didn't, do things she was supposed to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is Scott Burzynski up to 19 min Student 11
erika grimes (Apr '15) 29 min The truth 14
Trump is so Stupid ... 52 min Meloftarth 112
Looking for a house to rent.. 1 hr Newintown 1
Anthony sims the junkie 16 hr CBN 9
Scott williams (Nov '15) 19 hr Reed 12
JC Not spraying for mosquitoes Sun Carried away 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnston City Mortgages