First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Blame Game

Ava, IL

#1 Feb 4, 2013
What a JOKE Jim Mitchell is!!! Blame the weather for not getting down the Christmas decorations?! WTF! Blame the Christmas Committee?!

Once again, as is common with this administration blame someone else! Mayor Mitchell, every community in the state got there's down except for you! This has been a very mild winter overall. Let's end the excuses and vote this bum out in April!
Pass the buck

Carterville, IL

#2 Feb 4, 2013
Instead of just saying we should have removed them earlier, he tried to pass the blame.
Take credit when things go good, pass the buck when things go bad.
Not what a real leader does.
Pompous Windbag

West Frankfort, IL

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Hope everyone watched the news report on 6, if not it's on 6's website. Mitchell said it was politics. Then he blames the Christmas Committee. This group never takes the blame for anything it's always someone elses fault. It's about time someone in the news media actually asked the pompous windbag some hard questions. The city is responsible for the city's Christmas lights. Its always been that way in this town. Mitchell's comments were a slap in the face to all the people on the Christmas committee. What the people saw in this news report is the real Jim Mitchell, a man who cares nothing about this city. He cares only for the tittle of Mayor. Mitchell's attitude is the same attitude he showed during the sex abuse scandal while he was head of police and fire, the same arrogant attitude he showed breaking the city's water pipes while trying to illegally bury construction equipment. The the same attitude he shows when some has a complaint. Vote Mitchell OUT!
Never Happen

Johnston City, IL

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Any of the three of you going to run against him? Do tell. I haven't heard of anyone throwing their hat in the ring with him. Who's running? Give me a reason to vote for you. The incumbent doesn't automatically get MY vote. Give me a name and a reason.

I'm trying to get No Balls to cowboy (or, as the case may be, with no balls, cowGIRL) up and do it. I don't have them quite ready just yet, but I'm working on it. Who are you supporting? What kind of experience does your candidate have? I will be voting. I want to know who's running for mayor and alderman/(woman) and what they are going to do to turn things around. I'm NOT a low information voter, just unaware of my choices....
Call and ask

Carterville, IL

#5 Feb 5, 2013
t's not hard to call city hall and find out. That is if anyone is there.
Broken Record

West Frankfort, IL

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Never Happen wrote:
Any of the three of you going to run against him? Do tell. I haven't heard of anyone throwing their hat in the ring with him. Who's running? Give me a reason to vote for you. The incumbent doesn't automatically get MY vote. Give me a name and a reason.
I'm trying to get No Balls to cowboy (or, as the case may be, with no balls, cowGIRL) up and do it. I don't have them quite ready just yet, but I'm working on it. Who are you supporting? What kind of experience does your candidate have? I will be voting. I want to know who's running for mayor and alderman/(woman) and what they are going to do to turn things around. I'm NOT a low information voter, just unaware of my choices....
Can't you say something different? Same thing. Why don't you run against him? You blindly defend these incompetent people and try to play the role that "I'm just and innocent bystander and your treating these people bad" That's BS and everyone knows it. You are a big time goof troop supporter who is trying to make a case for the goof troops incompetence.Where were you two years ago when the goof troop was streading all the their lies? At least what we are writing on this blog is the truth. Just look at the streets, your water bill, look at the Christmas lights. Watch Mitchell on channel 6. The issues people bring out and relate on Topix is the truth not some made up "they stole a million dollars" We don't publish an innocent women's judici record. Don't forget the goof troop started talking about people like dogs on topix, they are the ones who made up lies about people, its justice the honest truth is bringing them down.
Never Happen

Johnston City, IL

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Where have I defended one thing they've done? Go through every post I've made. BTW, I'm pretty far from innocent.
You truly are a broken record, and it changes the subject, over and over and over instead of giving me an answer. Always the same old blather, and you hold yourself up as better than them?
Now, do try to focus here for just a moment.

WHO IS RUNNING?
WHO ARE YOU SUPPORTING?
WHY SHOULD I DO THE SAME?

I wasn't bullshitting when I said I'm going to vote, and I haven't made up my mind who it's going to be. I just don't know what the choice is going to be. Is ANYONE going to run against the current mayor? I haven't heard a word, and I can't get any straight answer to ANY question I ask here. Just more dismissing me as a "gooftroop" supporter. I don't play well in cliques, I'm sure they don't care to hear what I have to say any more than you do. Now answer my question without calling me something I'm not.
You are super dumb

West Frankfort, IL

#8 Feb 5, 2013
"just dismissing me as a goof troop supporters" because that what you are.
Never Happen

Johnston City, IL

#9 Feb 5, 2013
You are super dumb wrote:
"just dismissing me as a goof troop supporters" because that what you are.
As usual, another fail.
Answer my questions....
Just call

West Frankfort, IL

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Never Happen wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, another fail.
Answer my questions....
If you want to know who's running call city hall. Or by your goof troop logic should we do it for you because "it's not your responsibility" And I'm supporting the one who's is running against Mitchell.
JohnstonCity1

Wheeling, WV

#11 Feb 5, 2013
Just call wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to know who's running call city hall. Or by your goof troop logic should we do it for you because "it's not your responsibility" And I'm supporting the one who's is running against Mitchell.
This is great! You won't mention the name of the person you are supporting? That is some real support. I too would like to know who is running for what seats because I will vote but I am not committed to anyone yet.

Never Happen....I have heard that Harry "Buzz" Hancock is running for Mayor against Micthell but I don't know who else is running for any other positions.
Aunt Harriet

Carterville, IL

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Inside the Bat Insurance cave/storage building.
"Batboy why don't you take the Christmas decorations down and get the heat off us."
"I'm one step ahead of you Robin's Nest. I have contacted many volunteers to do it, but they are refusing. The city workers say they are afraid of losing their extra lump of coal, a potato chip and their spouses if they take them down."
"Sorry about that last one Batboy. You can blame that one on me."
"No fear Robin's Nest. we will contniue to blame it on the weather, other aldermen, politics and anything else we can drudge up. So what? I still have my Woody Woodpecker Insurance lights up and you still sleep in your Halloween pajamas so all is well."
"What we really must be concerned with is that no more water pipes are hit while digging. You must remember to call Julie next time."
"I did call Julie, Batboy, but I had to hang up. Her husband answered."
"Not that Julie Robin's Nest, the Julie that controls digging."
"Oh, sorry Batboy. I know a lot of Julies."
Never mind Robin's Nest. To the bat poles. I have to watch myself on television. I'm on the homeshopping network selling pictures of myself!"
"Gee whiz Batboy! I'm going to go home and buy a bunch of them for myself."
Never Happen

Johnston City, IL

#13 Feb 5, 2013
Thanks JC1,
I've dealt with Harry a time or two in the past. Never had any problem with him, and one time he was quite helpful. Let's see some of his proposals, and see where it goes. Seems like a smart enough fella to me, and I know he's been involved in town for a while now too. One question I would have would be where was he when some of the past shenanigans were going on, but I STILL come back to where do we go from here? THAT is the question that needs a good clear answer. I want to see some growth. We're in a pickle here, and despite what some say, it didn't all happen in the last couple years or so. I get accused of blindly supporting the folks in there now, but I'm not. Good Lord, WE'RE FARKIN BROKE HERE. We aren't the Fed here, we can't just print money out of thin air. That's just the fact of the matter, whoever is in there. We're going to have to grow our way out of this mess, and pinch the pennies as best we can.

Again, thanks JC1 for a straight answer. Now I'll have to watch and see where he wants to lead the town, and see if I can get on board. Let's hope we can get something going on.
JohnstonCity1

Wheeling, WV

#14 Feb 5, 2013
Never Happen..You are exactly right, this debacle didn't just happen in this administration, nor the one before it. This has been a slow death for years. I would also like to back somebody that has good ideas on how to get out of this quick-sand we seem to be in.

There is no answer that is going to turn it around over night. It will take time. And if I thought I had the answers I would be running for office.
Double Dog Dare

West Frankfort, IL

#15 Feb 5, 2013
Never Happen wrote:
Thanks JC1,
I've dealt with Harry a time or two in the past. Never had any problem with him, and one time he was quite helpful. Let's see some of his proposals, and see where it goes. Seems like a smart enough fella to me, and I know he's been involved in town for a while now too. One question I would have would be where was he when some of the past shenanigans were going on, but I STILL come back to where do we go from here? THAT is the question that needs a good clear answer. I want to see some growth. We're in a pickle here, and despite what some say, it didn't all happen in the last couple years or so. I get accused of blindly supporting the folks in there now, but I'm not. Good Lord, WE'RE FARKIN BROKE HERE. We aren't the Fed here, we can't just print money out of thin air. That's just the fact of the matter, whoever is in there. We're going to have to grow our way out of this mess, and pinch the pennies as best we can.
Again, thanks JC1 for a straight answer. Now I'll have to watch and see where he wants to lead the town, and see if I can get on board. Let's hope we can get something going on.
If you read between the lines its the same old message from last election. "We're frakin broke". The goof troop has been power for two years cut the fire department, cut pd and over time, raised taxes and fees and we still are broke?
just wondering

United States

#16 Feb 5, 2013
It will take more than two years to undo the damage done by this group and all previous from many years past.

On a sidenote I believe if the ROC gas station next to the interstate stayed open all night it would be a slight increase in city revenue as the other two stations in town are off the beaten path to interstate travelers also is there any truth that roc owns the old shell and the old sunshine motors building and what if any plans to build on those sites?
Clueless

Herrin, IL

#18 Feb 5, 2013
You are exactly right, this city didn't get into the situation that it is in within a couple of years. Before I'm accused let me state that I'm not a "Goof Troop" supporter or follower. However, you have to give the devil his due by saying that Mitchell has made some tough choices (nonpaid fire departments and cutbacks) all in the name of trying to save expenses. I would say that noone would want to make these choices but at least he did stand up and make them. I'm sure he isn't always right in the choices he makes, but has any of the previous mayors been right 100% of the time? It seems to me that most of the posts on here are from a disgruntle exemployee, family member, or someone that wasn't able to get what they wanted. If anyone thinks they can do better, by all means step up to the plate. It's been my experience that most times there is alot more to the job than meets the eye.
Never Happen

Johnston City, IL

#19 Feb 5, 2013
Go ahead and keep up the name calling Fed Up. It shows how interested you are in being part of the solution as opposed to remaining part of the problem. I'm pretty fed up to, but it's with all the name calling, and no solutions.

And Double Dog, let me put it into terms you can understand then. WE ARE FUCKING BROKE. OK. I was going to try to tone it down for our younger, and elderly guests, but maybe it is time they get the damn picture too. The system has been abused to the point we have a royal mess on our hands. Goof Troop, Fire Dept. PD overtime, blah blah blah. And I'M repeating shit?
Help me out here Broken Record, Where the hell are you telling one of your own,(or yourself) you sound like the same old broken record?
Dumb and Dumber

West Frankfort, IL

#20 Feb 5, 2013
Never Happen wrote:
Go ahead and keep up the name calling Fed Up. It shows how interested you are in being part of the solution as opposed to remaining part of the problem. I'm pretty fed up to, but it's with all the name calling, and no solutions.
And Double Dog, let me put it into terms you can understand then. WE ARE FUCKING BROKE. OK. I was going to try to tone it down for our younger, and elderly guests, but maybe it is time they get the damn picture too. The system has been abused to the point we have a royal mess on our hands. Goof Troop, Fire Dept. PD overtime, blah blah blah. And I'M repeating shit?
Help me out here Broken Record, Where the hell are you telling one of your own,(or yourself) you sound like the same old broken record?
Let me tell you something this town was no "broker" than any other town two years ago. That was just what Boyd said to get elected. After two years and a promise to account "for every penny" ( pardon the pun) and betraying all his supporters we know a much Boyd's word is worth. Now after two years, after all the tax and fee increases after cutting the fire department and other services you say we are still broke. You just proved my case why we should get rid of the goof troop. Jimmy Hendrix sung about "Purple Haze" you are in a "goof troop haze". Your people have been in power for the past two years and you say we are still broke. You must be dipping in to John Richey's private stash.
Cheeze Crabtree

Ava, IL

#21 Feb 5, 2013
Clueless wrote:
You are exactly right, this city didn't get into the situation that it is in within a couple of years. Before I'm accused let me state that I'm not a "Goof Troop" supporter or follower. However, you have to give the devil his due by saying that Mitchell has made some tough choices (nonpaid fire departments and cutbacks) all in the name of trying to save expenses. I would say that noone would want to make these choices but at least he did stand up and make them. I'm sure he isn't always right in the choices he makes, but has any of the previous mayors been right 100% of the time? It seems to me that most of the posts on here are from a disgruntle exemployee, family member, or someone that wasn't able to get what they wanted. If anyone thinks they can do better, by all means step up to the plate. It's been my experience that most times there is alot more to the job than meets the eye.
Mitchell did not make the tough choices it was the plan all along. Bart Lind has been talking about an all volunteer police and fire department since he was elected the first time. Mitchell, Boyd, Lind, and Crabtree have sat uptown and laughed and bragged about taking city workers jobs from them. It's not a tough choice to have the highest water rates in the state despite an enormous surplus in the water fund. Mitchell and Boyd's response to the people that can't afford the increases. " Not my problem , they'll have to move. " Direct quote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New cops.. 2 hr LawAbidingCitizen 7
Why are you on the school board (Sep '13) 10 hr Water bill paid f... 22
JCHS Softball Program (Apr '12) 10 hr putalidonitalready 66
Crystal Childers Tue beccabutton65748 1
Arrowhead lake (Jul '11) Tue voodoo 495
Eli Morgan Dec 13 Too good for you 2
jc pub Dec 13 Minuet 42
Johnston City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Johnston City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Johnston City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Johnston City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:47 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:47PM
Cutler's Benching Too Little, Too Late for Bears
NBC Sports 4:25 PM
Will St. Louis' defense shut down Eli Manning?
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
Previewing Giants vs. Rams
NBC Sports 6:32 PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday
NBC Sports 7:47 PM
Golden Tate excited for Jimmy Clausen to get another starting opportunity