BTPW

Bradenton, FL

#2 Apr 27, 2009
That's back when Two Dollar Tim was bartending. The good ole days. Who's hanging out there now?
Crunch Crew

New Rochelle, NY

#3 Jan 1, 2010
What happened to the original post? Is it wrong to ask about these people? I know Bird and Worm have died, but what about the rest? Jay Reed? Helfrich? Rex? Tim Payne? Rory? Shadowens? Boogs? Billy Blades? Beers? Are any of them still around?
Deebo

Coulterville, IL

#4 Jan 12, 2010
I heard Chuckles bought the bar. I would say that it's going downhill.
Johnston City 1

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Jan 12, 2010
Crunch Crew....What happened to the original post? Is it wrong to ask about these people? I know Bird and Worm have died, but what about the rest? Jay Reed? Helfrich? Rex? Tim Payne? Rory? Shadowens? Boogs? Billy Blades? Beers? Are any of them still around?
Chuck Crabtre & wife, Doug Fox & wife, purchased Linemans. They have totally remodeled the place and it looks great. They have bands on the weekend frequently. As for the people you asked about: Jay Reed is still in JC, works as bartender at the Buccaneers Club. Greg Helfrich still in JC & is an electrician. Rex Eisenhaur still JC, works as engineer for a company in Raleigh, IL. Tim Payne still is JC, had an accident working on the railroad & I think he is on disability. Rory Payne still in JC and works at Mach Mining. Shadowens I dont know. Boogs still in JC & works at a factory or something at Granite City & fills in as bartender at Linemans. Billy Blades still in JC & is an electrician. Beers....which one?
Polly

United States

#6 Mar 14, 2010
John Shadowens is the varsity football coach at Sesser-Valier.
coke heads

Valdosta, GA

#7 Mar 14, 2010
all the people you mentioned are coke heads
JCHS Alumni

Coulterville, IL

#8 Mar 15, 2010
coke heads wrote:
No, not all of them. There are some professional people on that list who "made it."
JC Citizen

Kelseyville, CA

#9 Nov 3, 2010
Maybe 1 if that ????
true true

United States

#10 Nov 4, 2010
What a stupid statement "coke head". Who are you to judge people like that without even knowing what you are talking about. I know everyone except one of the people mentioned except one and everyone are very nice people who would do anything to help any one and most are good parents with good jobs cotributing more to society than making an uninformed statement anonymously on a web site were anyone including there children could read it. Its people like you that start rumors and intentionally cause people problems for no reason other than having nothing better to do or just jealous of them in some way or maybey just showing your complete ignorance for some reason.
BS Deebo

Bettendorf, IA

#11 Nov 10, 2010
I think its improved. Beer Gardens nice. Seems to be a better atmosphere...maybe thats downhill for you deebo?
LOL

Severn, MD

#13 Nov 13, 2010
And Hurley's is a showplace? LOL
JC Citizen

Carbondale, IL

#14 Nov 13, 2010
Does anyone know how Linemen's Lounge actually got its name?
TAZ

Plant City, FL

#15 Nov 28, 2010
Willie White was a lineman and thats where he lounged
4AFACT

Elizabethtown, IL

#16 Nov 28, 2010
coke heads wrote:
YOU MEAN METH HEADS
bart lind

Valdosta, GA

#17 Nov 28, 2010
once again a coward because we know he or she would never say this to anyone without being hidden by the internet. all these people are fine people. see ya at the meetings
Same ol same ol

Garnett, KS

#19 Jul 9, 2013
true2 wrote:
Cathy Fox has ruined the Linemen's lounge. It used to be a great place to go not anymore. Cathy was it's downfall.
Just can't stop can ya? Lol.
Devine 3

United States

#21 Sunday
BS Deebo wrote:
I think its improved. Beer Gardens nice. Seems to be a better atmosphere...maybe thats downhill for you deebo?
Well said brother. Miss you
Devine 3

United States

#22 Sunday
Deebo wrote:
I heard Chuckles bought the bar. I would say that it's going downhill.
Miss u brother

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just curious 33 min concerned citizen 1
Jory Kee Cookin Dope (Apr '16) 36 min Just saying 10
Doug Supernaw (Feb '14) 37 min Suzy 8
Craigs 1 hr Jurb 3
Car troubles Sun Fix 2
Casey's robbed Sun Zoro 12
wildest kid of ur high school days any year (Feb '16) Sun Devine 3 22

Johnston City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance