Pilgrims Progress

Evansville, IL

#1 Nov 22, 2012
Really, do thing with all the money we are paying extra this past year for taxes and water bills the city leaders could spend a few dollars a replace the Christmas light bulbs that hang from the light polls. Half the bulbs are out on the displays and some don't even work.
ACLU Wannabes

United States

#2 Nov 23, 2012
Surprised we're even allowed to celebrate Christmas in town with the godless heathens we have on the city council.
Abby Normal

Evansville, IL

#3 Nov 23, 2012
Can just take money out of petty cash and replace bulbs. But no one wants to explain it to the brain dead JC coucil who would rather debate charging people to use the campground tiolets. We have no money to relace chistmas light bulbs but Frenchie Erwin still collecting a city pay check and driving a city car. These jokers have to go! Please vote
Breaking up is easy to do

United States

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Christmas shopping is upon us. Thanks to Boyd, Mitchell, Lind and the Goof Troop's taxes, fees, doubled water rates, we all have a lot less to spend this Christmas.
Let's all make sure they have less to spend also. If you haven't already done so, cancel your insurance with Keith Boyd and Mitchell. Pull your storage out with Boyd. Don't patronize Barb's or Lineman's Lounge. Now that Cathy White is a Goof Trooper, we should not rent a video from Indian Video ( Does anyone anymore anyway?). Hit them in their wallets, they do yours and laugh and brag about it!
jc resident

Carterville, IL

#5 Nov 26, 2012
Pilgrims Progress wrote:
Really, do thing with all the money we are paying extra this past year for taxes and water bills the city leaders could spend a few dollars a replace the Christmas light bulbs that hang from the light polls. Half the bulbs are out on the displays and some don't even work.
new lights for the poles are in the making for next year.Already being taken care of you will be happy to see them next year. So instead of focusing on the negative you should have been uptown with the 200 people celebrating all the free stuff for the kids, santa coming to town on the fire truck, grinch and free pictures with santa by Sheila. Free hot chocolate, cookies, cotton candy. Free craft making etc.
Breaking up is easy to do

United States

#6 Nov 26, 2012
jc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
new lights for the poles are in the making for next year.Already being taken care of you will be happy to see them next year. So instead of focusing on the negative you should have been uptown with the 200 people celebrating all the free stuff for the kids, santa coming to town on the fire truck, grinch and free pictures with santa by Sheila. Free hot chocolate, cookies, cotton candy. Free craft making etc.
Why not? This group focused on nothing but negative to get elected.
Go Rams

Evansville, IL

#7 Nov 26, 2012
jc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
new lights for the poles are in the making for next year.Already being taken care of you will be happy to see them next year. So instead of focusing on the negative you should have been uptown with the 200 people celebrating all the free stuff for the kids, santa coming to town on the fire truck, grinch and free pictures with santa by Sheila. Free hot chocolate, cookies, cotton candy. Free craft making etc.
Wait till next year, sounds like the Rams. Next year it will be better becauase we'll have a new mayor.
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Nov 29, 2012
youtube.com/watch... nice driving around watching Christmas Lights
Hello JC residents

Herrin, IL

#9 Nov 30, 2012
Thanks to those volunteers who worked hard and did what they did do without any help from you naysayers. I didn't help either but the tree and trimmers are a nice look just the same. Be grateful for what you have and give God thanks that it is His birthday we celebrate and not all the crap posted here.
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Dec 5, 2012
classic example of JC willnever thrive....great idea, run em all outta town cause they like Boyd. No business will replace theirs. This town will look like Cairo if u had your way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pips 37 min scarfce 33 2
Carterville Amazon Storage, LLC gives discounts... 1 hr ABC 2
Laurel Crank 1 hr PKM 1
Your Stupid if your a Republican 1 hr SSDD 6
jc pub 4 hr friend 30
tell me about Shawn Sparks Mon frien 2
JJ's Ranch Nov 23 Yosimite Sam 1
Johnston City Dating
Find my Match

Johnston City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Johnston City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Johnston City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:38 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:38AM
Dissecting Most Crucial Matchups in Week 13
Bleacher Report 6:58 AM
Full Thanksgiving NFL Preview and Predictions
Bleacher Report 9:43 AM
Bears vs. Lions Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
Bleacher Report11:00 AM
Must-Win Game for Lions Hinges on Turnovers
NBC Sports11:20 AM
Bears place Brian de la Puente on injured reserve