Last nights council meeting

Posted in the Johnston City Forum

WKRP News Director

Carbondale, IL

#1 Jan 23, 2013
Seems despite Mitchell hand picking over half the council and having no media scrutiny, he still can't get anything past. Last night Mitchell had to table hiring one water office worker as the new supervisor and hiring another worker full time. It seems even his hand picked goof troop council could see that this action was wrong and possibly illegal.Johnston City can't afford another four years of Jim Mitchell.
JohnstonCity1

Wheeling, WV

#2 Jan 23, 2013
I don't know who you are refering to as far as the 2 hires but what is illegal about it? This is a legitimate question on my part, I really want to know.
Legal Zoom

Des Moines, IA

#3 Jan 23, 2013
Because one would replace Jayne Stallings as supervisor and she is still employed by the city despite Mitchell and Richey trying to keep her employment in limbo until after the election.
Until she is fired or resigns she is still legally employed with the city. They cannot replace her until then. This one will bite Mitchell, Richey, and Lind on the arse real soon, trust me.
Gone in April

Carbondale, IL

#4 Jan 23, 2013
JohnstonCity1 wrote:
I don't know who you are refering to as far as the 2 hires but what is illegal about it? This is a legitimate question on my part, I really want to know.
The point is with a hand pick council Mitchell still can't get anything past. The people who he appointed won't even support him.
Up the poop shoot

Carterville, IL

#5 Jan 23, 2013
When you try and back door people, and lie to them, this is what happens.
Mitchell has a hard time not letting his ego get in the way of making promises he can not deliver on.
I hope some of these aldermen/alderwomen that follow him will see the light and realize he needs replaced.
JohnstonCity1

Wheeling, WV

#6 Jan 23, 2013
Legal Zoom wrote:
Because one would replace Jayne Stallings as supervisor and she is still employed by the city despite Mitchell and Richey trying to keep her employment in limbo until after the election.
Until she is fired or resigns she is still legally employed with the city. They cannot replace her until then. This one will bite Mitchell, Richey, and Lind on the arse real soon, trust me.
I had no idea Jayne was still on the payroll! Wow this is major. Do you think this is why the council didn't approve it?
White Cloud

Carbondale, IL

#7 Jan 23, 2013
What you want to bet 3 does a fluff piece on Mitchell tonight?
Biased

Des Moines, IA

#8 Jan 23, 2013
It will be Ch 3 is totally in bed with Mitchell.
Clueless

Herrin, IL

#9 Jan 23, 2013
Jayne isn't still on the payroll nor is she employed by the city. Nothing illegeal was being proposed.
More Clueless

Herrin, IL

#10 Jan 23, 2013
Clueless wrote:
Jayne isn't still on the payroll nor is she employed by the city. Nothing illegeal was being proposed.
Jayne has not been officially fired or resigned. She is by law, employed by the city.
really

Herrin, IL

#11 Jan 23, 2013
who really gives a dog dick about what is going on in Johnston City?

it is a worthless smudge on the map.
Gourdhead

Enfield, IL

#12 Jan 24, 2013
I AGREE somepeople live and breath this JC council stuff.Its just a wittle spot on a big map.When people make a wrong turn and visit our ONE stop light town.They are like where the hell are we and lets get back on the interstate I would hate to breakdown here.The sign said McDs.I dont see any Mcds or anything else.
Fun at Ballpark

Carbondale, IL

#13 Jan 24, 2013
Clueless wrote:
Only one thing wrong with this statement, we are not playing by goof troop rules. Jayne will have the last laugh in this matter. Stay tuned folks this is going to get interesting
New Wave Dave

Marion, IL

#14 Jan 24, 2013
WKRP News Director wrote:
Seems despite Mitchell hand picking over half the council and having no media scrutiny, he still can't get anything past. Last night Mitchell had to table hiring one water office worker as the new supervisor and hiring another worker full time. It seems even his hand picked goof troop council could see that this action was wrong and possibly illegal.Johnston City can't afford another four years of Jim Mitchell.
What did Chuckles have to say about it? Did he go on the record?
STARGAZER

Marion, IL

#15 Jan 24, 2013
New Wave Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Chuckles have to say about it? Did he go on the record?
Who cares what Chuckles says about anything. He has not said anything worthwhile in his life.
Judgement Day

United States

#16 Jan 24, 2013
There are a couple of things called state and federal laws we all have to go by. Since the election, Mitchell, Boyd, Lind, Crabtree, and Richey have all thought they are above the law and the rules don't apply to them. They are in for u rude awakening very soon.
You reap what you sow in this life. All of the bad things these guys have done to so many people will catch up to them soon. God keeps score and they are not above him though they probably think they are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JC police 3 hr peewee 44
Hottest Bar Tender 7 hr Oak 22
9th st.car breakin. Fri pissed off 3
Scott hancock Thu tomcat 1
matt beers Thu Disgusting 6
Ball Park Facelift Feb 26 coaching 2
Bring Mimmo Michael Back Feb 26 customer 12
Johnston City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Johnston City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:55 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:55PM
St. Louis Rams: 5 Best Options to Replace Joe Barksdale This Offseason
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why the Browns Need to Stay Far Away from Bradford
NFL 7:00 AM
Weinke makes a Luck-Bradford collegiate comparison
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?