Fountain of Life Church
saw it

Madison, TN

#62 Apr 10, 2012
You're kidding me, right? I should be afraid? Afraid of what, to speak the truth?

#1 I don't have any issue with Vic so I can't speak as to what he may or may not be.#2 I have seen first hand with my own eyes the way Matt Young treats people and it ain't pretty. When did laughing at and making fun of people become okay? Or is it only okay if you are Matt Young? Sorry but I don't need someone like that trying to witness to me nor do I want to see his kind trying to witness to anyone else. He needs to get himself right, before he starts trying to lead someone else. He's a jerk. A judgemental jerk at that.
just me

Nashville, TN

#63 Apr 12, 2012
Mr Matt Young Bitched on facebook because his tv show was interrupted over and over due to serious storms in the area. I'm sure God was watching over the Young family and they didn't need any damn warnings. so the HELL with us heathens out here. get that TV back on and stop ruining HIS life!
Seriously Matt, step back and look at the pot that has been calling the kettle black for sometime. You think god enjoys you making fun of people? wait, isn't that called being a HYPOCRITE? I do believe I am correct in saying I have called you that very thing almost 4yrs ago, I see things ain't changed.
I have nothing against god but his damn fan club is friggin crazy!
And I'm NOT afraid, of saying things, mainly cause they aren't trying to lead ANYONE to a better life but the YOUNG family.
lulz

United States

#64 Apr 12, 2012
and people wonder why I dont go to church
Larry Falana

Johnson City, TN

#65 Oct 14, 2012
So now Vic Young is having that ignorant Ted Nugent in to talk about the 2nd ammendment. In the name of God? The tax exempt status of the FOLBC should be taken away. This is a criminal act. I am alerting the IRS office in Johnson City. Abuse of the law. Shame on them. Christian behavior? Not hardly. Right wing nut jobs,.
smarty

Elizabethton, TN

#66 Oct 14, 2012
Lord have mercy! inform the IRS! Ted Nugent came to speak. Criminal act?? LOL!
vote

United States

#67 Oct 17, 2012
Vote
moseyon

Johnson City, TN

#68 Oct 21, 2012
All I can say is "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's." Religion should go beyond politics. I'm not so sure about Preacher Vic. I think when you have to put on a show to draw an audience, something is wrong. Are we not beyond that? Ted Nugent? What gives that draft dodging, woman beating, chewing gum joker enough clout to address an audience? Oh, yep..........he's going to give a bow shooting extravaganza! Talk about lame.
didnt know

Columbia, TN

#71 Oct 21, 2012
moseyon wrote:
All I can say is "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's." Religion should go beyond politics. I'm not so sure about Preacher Vic. I think when you have to put on a show to draw an audience, something is wrong. Are we not beyond that? Ted Nugent? What gives that draft dodging, woman beating, chewing gum joker enough clout to address an audience? Oh, yep..........he's going to give a bow shooting extravaganza! Talk about lame.
I am going to read up a little on this nugent guy ,First I heard of him being a dodger,I was drafted and served.
Chase

Knoxville, TN

#72 Apr 20, 2014
I like your Christ, but I do not like your christians. Your christians are nothing like your Christ.- Mahatma Gandhi

I am a christian and simultaneously I am a man, a sinner. Am I perfect? Absolutely not by any stretch of the imagination. I do not pretend to be and I am not "The Judge". Would you all like to know what is wrong with the world today? It's the same thing that was wrong with the world all along. Sin. Pretty simple. I'm a part of the problem as are all of you. So I'll leave you with this.
Matthew 7:3-5 NKJV reads,
3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother,‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#74 Apr 21, 2014
didnt know wrote:
<quoted text>I am going to read up a little on this nugent guy ,First I heard of him being a dodger,I was drafted and served.
I was drafted and served also so this is What Ted Nugent done....

In a 1977 High Times article, Nugent stated that he took crystal meth and defecated in his pants in order to avoid being drafted into the Vietnam War.[27] Nugent reaffirmed this in a 1990 interview with Detroit Free Press, stating that "...a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine." [28] In other interviews, Nugent has denied this claim, stating that he dodged the draft by enrolling at Oakland Community College to get a student deferment. However, his Selective Service classification record shows ratings of 1-Y and 4-F for 1969 and 1972 respectively, indicating ineligibility for military service under established physical, mental, or moral standards, rather than student deferment.[29]
Student

Smartt, TN

#75 Apr 21, 2014
Nugent being spokesman for conservative America is about as genuine as Vic and Matt Youngs matchbook Doctorate degrees.
Shane

Johnson City, TN

#76 Apr 24, 2014
I remember Vic when he was pastor at Liberty Church of the Brethren in Gray. He wore suits every Sunday and was clean shaven with a nice haircut. I have heard him preach years ago and he did agreat job. But now he is a fake because he created this biker look to draw a bigger crowd. He told a Brethren preacher I know that he wanted a bigger church. He is about as much of a biker as I am an airplane pilot. Also, him using another method other than PREACHING the Gospel of Christ to lost sinners is very shallow for a man of his supposed education and is directly against the Word of God.
MrCrowley

Kingsport, TN

#77 Apr 29, 2014
bigear wrote:
<quoted text>
I was drafted and served also so this is What Ted Nugent done....
In a 1977 High Times article, Nugent stated that he took crystal meth and defecated in his pants in order to avoid being drafted into the Vietnam War.[27] Nugent reaffirmed this in a 1990 interview with Detroit Free Press, stating that "...a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine." [28] In other interviews, Nugent has denied this claim, stating that he dodged the draft by enrolling at Oakland Community College to get a student deferment. However, his Selective Service classification record shows ratings of 1-Y and 4-F for 1969 and 1972 respectively, indicating ineligibility for military service under established physical, mental, or moral standards, rather than student deferment.[29]
To be honest, I'd rather have PeeWee Herman on my side as opposed to Ted Nugent. Pastor Vic dragging him into the mix is a travesty. Remember several years ago, Vic put on a show featuring a popular draw preacher with cerebral palsy who went ape shit during the sermon? Later an apology was made publicly stating that he came well recommended. When a preacher has to put on clothing more reserved for a biker rally to gain members into the flock, maybe something is wrong. I can see why someone might do that, to appeal to the folk who actually need to hear the Word. But putting on a dog and pony show doesn't seem right to me. Seeing him in his almost KKK robes and iron crosses, and his commercials with a downtrodden biker wiping down his motorcycle makes me consider him a charlatan. I do hear he is well versed in the Bible, but that doesn't make it impossible to use it for his own personal gain. In all honesty, maybe it would be better to hear him out and then decide. Don't let your ears be tickled!
jckindagirl

United States

#78 Sep 29, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
You know I think it is amazing how so many cowards can get on here and want to run their mouths about topics they know nothing about! They make outlandish claims about me, my father and my church and hide behind usernames so no one will know who they are. Yes we brought in DOG the bounty hunter, but apparently none of you know nothing about fishing, it wasn't about him, but to draw people in to minister and witness to them. Name any other church out there that is as evangelistic as we are?! We are not "raking in the money" as someone said, in fact with my dad's education he is making way under his paygrade. We have never begged or asked for money. Why don't you get off your high horse and look at the big picture and that is seeing souls saved for Christ, that is what is important, not this petty bickering going on here. Satan is wanting to cause division, particularly among the church and fellow Christians and you are giving him what he wants! One other thing, I would take one DOG the bounty hunter over a 100 Obama's! If you want to support something as vile and evil as he then go for it!! What most of you have is hear say and not the facts and if you don't like watching my dad on tv than I suggest turning the channel. We have an agenda and that is spreading the gospel and if you don't like that and want to focus on insignificant things other than seeing souls saved for Christ then you have some major problems if you are claiming to be Christians! AS you can tell I put my real name on here I don't hide like the rest of you cowards!
You must make your father proud. I've personally been to that church and never felt more outcast in my whole life of all the churches I've attended. Personally, I feel sorry for the "pastor" as his failed rock and roll career obviously led him to something where he could illicit attention and glory. The sad man that stood and played stairway to heaven while singing amazing grace was almost revolting to me as everyone sat in awe of him..not of any type of wise message. That coupled with the hateful patches they were selling against marriage out of the "1 man and 1 woman" standard (vs some standard of christian love and acceptance NOT intolerance). I'd have to say the whole joke of the service was when he ignorantly stood there and made fun of other religions and put them down in some attempt at actual intelligent sarcasm...well, quite nauseating. Maybe this is what you know of religion but the failed rock star is a blemish on any idea of Christianity I've ever experienced. Pity is all I have for this man and anyone who follows his I'll founded ignorant ideas. I'd venture to say this type of hatefulness leads more people away from God than ever to the lord. I'm glad I know better and pray no one is ran from salvation through such hate and intolerance.
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

#79 Sep 30, 2014
What do u expect from a bunch of Misfits? Thats what they call themselves u know and that's exactly what they are! My precious sister went there after losing her husband to death & those SOB's ripped her apart simply because she wasnt like them!
Jlm

United States

#80 Aug 27, 2015
dont understand wrote:
Why is Preacher Vic Young And his son Matt Young so worried about Obama speaking to students when they brout the Foul mouthed Bounty Hunter "Dog" to Freedom Hall. The show besides being as fake as wrestling shows Dog and his grimey crew in pursiut of criminals the whole time bleeping them out and yes they have bleeped himusing the Lords name in vain several times and these are recent shows. I couldnt believe when a freind told to watch for myself after FLB brought him here. I couldnt watch the whole thing. This and other reality tv shows are whats wrong with this country and I bet you most of the people who find Dog entertaing and a good role model are stupid enough to vote for Obama. Im no Obama fan and no fan of FLB now either-DOUBLE STANDARD.Shame on the church for Dog is no role model.
JLM: well inwas at this "show" and honestly the preacher himself was a bit tKen back by the crap he said so much so he put a bible in his vest pocket while he was on "stage". Don't criticize before u c for urself what the power of positive preaching can do for u and others
Jlm

United States

#81 Aug 27, 2015
Dennis wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is a clean, well dressed, intelligent, highly educated, and well spoken male. The Youngs and Dog pale (so to speak), in comparison.
He may be intelligent well spoken and all the rest u said but Vic lives his life teaching others the word of GOD not another faith. To me his interpretation of the Lords word is immense compared to the destruction Obamas words (well spoken or not) have done toy children's future. The teachings of the Lord will enhance their future more than a well dressed intelligent liar. A liar can be well spoken but he's still the same. A God fearing man that utilizes the Lords words no matter his look is better than that any day
Jlm

United States

#82 Aug 27, 2015
Mavis said wrote:
Preacher Vic is raking in the money, and that's a fact. I know several people who attend Fountain of Life. It is not my place to judge, but these guys deal drugs all over the city. You decide. I remember a big flap when Preacher Vic invited some "pay per view" preacher who had cerebral palsey to speak at the church. Long story short, the guy insulted a bunch of people during his rant, took all the money and ran. From what I hear it was a lot of money, actually filling a few Hefty bags. Preacher Vic issued a written memo apologizing for the fiasco, stating that the guy was "highly recommended". Sounds like bunch of crooks in cahoots to me.
Wow even if that was the truth, all churches take up a collection, hold fund raisers etc and don't spy on their members to see if they're worthy of going there. Goodness there are dealers and car salesman that rip ppl off daily that go to your church down the road why not worry about making it a better place to go instead of feeding the negativity. Just a thought
GOdisgreat

Bluff City, TN

#83 Dec 3, 2015
Thank you vic for the message about the secret society's. I prayed about where could I take my husband that he could hear the word about the freemasons & their false region. Praise GOD we have attended 3sundays and there it is. I really think that the masons & the shrines are the Muslims. Thank you & keep preaching the word.
Me - Right Here

Kingsport, TN

#84 Dec 6, 2015
dale wrote:
<quoted text>My post has nothing to do with looks other than Dog and his crew do look like freaks. But whatever the appearance I find it idiotic to bring Dog into testify then later that year and currently seeing him being bleeped out for profanity even worse using the Lords name in vain. Vic Young seems to be more of an entertainer these days then a Pastor and from his newspaper ads he touts himself more than Christ.
These days.... hell-o bill that's all he ever has been....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is the Burger King on South Roan still in b... 13 hr Eat em up 4
east tn. brain and spine center (Mar '11) 18 hr Mike777 66
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP Mon question 177
Does anyone know phil pinkston? He had went to ... Mon Pinkston 1
Christmas in September in Charlotte NC Sun Hide the Nikes 8
Channel eleven news app Sun X viewers 1
Citi Call Center in Gray (Mar '10) Sun Whoever wherever 132
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Sep 23 Ann smith 1,573

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web