Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated Jan 10, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whistle Blower

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 1, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I was fired yesterday from my job at the Arc of Washington County for contrived reasons. The real reason I was fired: The executive director Malessa Fleenor asked me the other day if I contacted the Tennessee Labor Board (for violation of hours and wages), Tennessee Comptroller (for fraud), TennCare (for fraud) and OSHA (for an unsafe and unsanitary work environment) and I confessed. The Arc of Washington County is violating SO many laws I had to contact these agencies months ago. The reason they gave me for termination: absenteeism (from double pneumonia, broken ribs and 2 heart attacks) and not doing my job (because of these illnesses); all documented by emergency room visits, ICUs and my PCP. Isn't that illegal? Apparently, you have to predict when you are going to have an emergency.

The atmosphere at the Arc of Washington County is exceptionally hostile. There are 2 managers that are lying, back-stabbing and conniving. The open door policy serves as a way to gather information so that you can be written up or terminated.

Prospective employees, stay far, far away from the Arc of Washington County in Johnson City. And if you work there now, don't ever have a bad day or you'll find yourself on the unemployment line.


And by the way, none of this is slander because itís all 100% true :)
BigDick

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 1, 2011
 
What is arc ??
Soooo

Greenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Everyone has the right to their own opinion! Does not mean it's correct.
Big Tits

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Two sides to every story "whistle blower"
roll one

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Heard through grapevine you was gone. If you didn't do anymore at the office than you done during a visit. They should have got rid of you ass long time ago. I believe the times you were sick someone done visits for you. thats been a long time a go. maybe you've burnt one to many or had one to many pills man.
Law4me

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

It sure is legal. Ask any lawyer...
Loveit

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Sounds like to me your a disgruntled employee. I worked that before and no one ever got fired only if they had really done something or wasn't doing there job. Sounds like to me you were one of them that was there to just draw a paycheck, and not do anything for it. Get over buddy and go on. This line of work is about the people not for cry babies like YOU.
roll one

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Hell man guess they could love to hear the times you come in the house smelling like beer or had the shakes so bad you couldnt sign ur name.
Alphie

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 2, 2011
 
if things were so bad at this job then why did you continue to work there??? Getting fired sux no matter the reason....labor board gonna do anything to help ya man?
Co-Worker

Meadowview, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 3, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

We're, all tired of hearing you wallow in self pity. No, one did this to you but yourself. You can only play a card so many times before you get catch. When your not doing what you get paid for then itís got to stop sometime.

You, contacted the labor board and why? The only thing, that has changed is working from home and we all know that you don't work 25 to 30 hrs a week. Most of the time you running outside to smoke, oh yeah,ďclear your headĒ. You are outside more than your inside. Then you want to complain about not getting a paid lunch hr. That 5 minute every hour thing, youíve been raisin hell about. If they got 5 minutes an hour of work out of you they would have been doing good. When the most but not all bust our ass to get the work done for our individuals.

Carpooling! Hell fire, get you a ride. You've been without a car longer than you had one. If you would leave the POT, cigs and alcohol alone. You could have money to get you a ride or pay to have yours fixed.

You spreading that why you got fired due to when you were sick and we all know this arenít true. Thatís been a year ago in December. You've said too many times you would like to get fired so you could draw unemployment. So you going use the pity party and say that this is why you got fired. Its not hard to figure out, when a couple of people get together discussing who going to see who that you've left another mess for someone else to clean up. On the last day we have to do the visits. I would have fired your ass that day. Just how low are you willing to go. Do you not have any morals left? Suck it up and take it like a man. Don't be putting down the Arc for your laziness. Youíre not just trying to hurt the Arc youíre hurting every one of us that work here. When it's your entire fault. You did this to yourself.

I wish you well in your classes and hope you realize it wasn't as bad as you made it out to be. And if you care about any of the ex coworkers stop spreading shit about the Arc that isn't true. Be a man and say you fucked up again.
What

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 3, 2011
 

Judged:

1

How does arc work exactly? I called back in early December three different times. My house had burned down and my husband was laid off due to winter conditions affecting his job. I have three small children, had a cutoff notice for electric and given just a week to catch up rent in new place. The fire and moving had dwindled our savings to nothing. We have no family or friends in the area. I made 30 calls to organizations just to be told to call another number, ARC being the last number. No one answers the phone, you have to leave a message. My calls were unanswered. Luckily the electric never came to disconnect and it gave us some time and my husband made it back to work in time to pay the rent. Since so many employees seem to be responding to questions on this site, I just want to know in all seriousness how the department helps people in case I run into a situation that someone needs the help I needed at the time. I saw mention of working from home. Does ARC provide that opportunity? Allowing employees to work from home can actually save a lot of money. It cuts back on employee absinteeism, most will work at a cheaper rate because they can cut out transportation and other expenses that are incurred from "going out" to work. It is actually a good idea and can be monitored easily.
In the know

Meadowview, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 3, 2011
 
The Arc is an organization that provides services to individuals that have Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities. They provide Case Management, Family Support, Early Intervention and Respite Services. Arc is often confused with Arch. Arch is Appalachain Regional Coalition on Homelessness, and they are the organziation that can provide assistance with emergency housing and other assistance. Also the Red Cross and Salvation Army have programs to help with disaster and housing assistance.Contact ministries provides a help line (211) that can be called that provides information about area programs and what they provide. Arc does not provide working at home as this is not something that proved benefical for them. QUOTE]
What

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 3, 2011
 
In the know wrote:
The Arc is an organization that provides services to individuals that have Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities. They provide Case Management, Family Support, Early Intervention and Respite Services. Arc is often confused with Arch. Arch is Appalachain Regional Coalition on Homelessness, and they are the organziation that can provide assistance with emergency housing and other assistance. Also the Red Cross and Salvation Army have programs to help with disaster and housing assistance.Contact ministries provides a help line (211) that can be called that provides information about area programs and what they provide. Arc does not provide working at home as this is not something that proved benefical for them. QUOTE]
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I thought it was the same group. It was indeed Arch that I contacted, after contacting all the ministries and one number after another, I got nowhere. The only hope we got was a place in Bristol and when we got there it was about an hour earlier than what they told us to be there and there was a very long line and a bus of people. Most of the people talked about how they knew them by first name because they were there so often. It was like being at a community reunion. A lady finally came out and stated that if anyone needed help that exceeded $50 to consider leaving because it was first come first serve and if everyone stayed, it would knock some people out of help. We needed help before most people started needing assistance with electric yet we kept getting told there wasn't enough funds. If all the organizations that said that would have given $50 or so to help, we would have been able to cover the bill. We were lucky to come out of it and some aren't and help is very hard to find if you don't know how to take advantage of the system.
In the know

Meadowview, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 3, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I totally agree. There is much more need for help than is available. I am glad that the situation worked out for your family.If everyone supported their local agencies more good could be spread to make our community a brighter place. Also, there is a lot of truth to some individuals taking more assistance than they need. It would be fantastic if they could come to understand that this takes away from others.
Insider

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 3, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Here are my thoughts to this entire situation. Everyone makes mistakes at work and nobody is perfect. Everyone gets sick too. BUT when those things become very frequent and the work isn't getting done then something has to give. I know the comments from "coworker" above are completely true. Given those facts, the termination was justified and we all know about justification! It is normal to be upset after being fired...I get that. But verbally harassing and taking it out on your manager is taking it too far. With the exception of the "dream keeper", all of your ex-coworkers are SICK of the pot you are stirring over something you did to yourself. Burning bridges is not a smart thing to do...never know when paths will cross again professionally. You are not helping yourself by making enemies with people who did care about you even though you were fired. One more thing...you are certainly not being a good role model for your daughters. You are teaching them to blame others for their own mistakes. Grow up, be a man, and a father. Move on and stop blaming our organizatio and its employees for your own doings. Your manager may be a tough cookie but she is a great human being that the rest of us respect. Leave her alone! And...the 2nd manager that you are mad at is because you are angry with her on a personal level. You destroyed the home you rented from her...it should have been on the show "hoarders"! Again, you did it to yourself. You are wished nothing but the best for your future.
Concerned

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 3, 2011
 
It's to bad you didn't take your little buddy that made you turn from a good person to the evil person you have become.
Amen

Meadowview, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 4, 2011
 
unsanitary Conditions - I'm glad someone else said something about this when hell, after the way he was living in that trailer and I wants to say something about unsanitary work conditions. I AM confessed.
Insider wrote:
Here are my thoughts to this entire situation. Everyone makes mistakes at work and nobody is perfect. Everyone gets sick too. BUT when those things become very frequent and the work isn't getting done then something has to give. I know the comments from "coworker" above are completely true. Given those facts, the termination was justified and we all know about justification! It is normal to be upset after being fired...I get that. But verbally harassing and taking it out on your manager is taking it too far. With the exception of the "dream keeper", all of your ex-coworkers are SICK of the pot you are stirring over something you did to yourself. Burning bridges is not a smart thing to do...never know when paths will cross again professionally. You are not helping yourself by making enemies with people who did care about you even though you were fired. One more thing...you are certainly not being a good role model for your daughters. You are teaching them to blame others for their own mistakes. Grow up, be a man, and a father. Move on and stop blaming our organizatio and its employees for your own doings. Your manager may be a tough cookie but she is a great human being that the rest of us respect. Leave her alone! And...the 2nd manager that you are mad at is because you are angry with her on a personal level. You destroyed the home you rented from her...it should have been on the show "hoarders"! Again, you did it to yourself. You are wished nothing but the best for your future.
really

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 4, 2011
 
All I can say is with the language used by your ex co-workers sounds like you are better off. Talk about morals and examples being set. It is obvious the Arc employees don't have the bar set too high by the prior posts. Not to mention that they are usually all standing around outside smoking. Yes I work close by, and it does not strike me as a professional place to work. The people don't seem classy but actually kinda skanky. They usually take off early and in conversation one even told me they are home by early afternoon. Any one can see how "professional" it is to make your own hours. A piece of advice....when talking about the unprofessionalism of another employee in a negative light your case may be better validated without all of the cursing and negativity. Do us all a favor. Instead of using our tax dollars and slacking how about putting in a full days work like the rest of us. I'm sure you all are getting paid for a full days work and leaving by 2 or 3. Not to mention how much overtime you all are supposedly working and getting paid for. I'm sure you guys are making 30 k for working half days. As far as any of the employees go, present yourselves in a better light if you want to be seen that way.
tammy

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 4, 2011
 
I thought about applying there. I used to be a case manager in Florida for ppl with disabilities and heard about the arc. Can anyone tell me how much you start off at there, how much insurance is etc. I would really appreciate it. Also how much is family insurance? We don't have any right now and I have a friend who said she knew someone who worked there and their son was on tenncare so I figured family may be expensive and family insurance is the main reason I want to work. Any answers are greatly appreciateed.
Beware

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 5, 2011
 
really wrote:
All I can say is with the language used by your ex co-workers sounds like you are better off. Talk about morals and examples being set. It is obvious the Arc employees don't have the bar set too high by the prior posts. Not to mention that they are usually all standing around outside smoking. Yes I work close by, and it does not strike me as a professional place to work. The people don't seem classy but actually kinda skanky. They usually take off early and in conversation one even told me they are home by early afternoon. Any one can see how "professional" it is to make your own hours. A piece of advice....when talking about the unprofessionalism of another employee in a negative light your case may be better validated without all of the cursing and negativity. Do us all a favor. Instead of using our tax dollars and slacking how about putting in a full days work like the rest of us. I'm sure you all are getting paid for a full days work and leaving by 2 or 3. Not to mention how much overtime you all are supposedly working and getting paid for. I'm sure you guys are making 30 k for working half days. As far as any of the employees go, present yourselves in a better light if you want to be seen that way.
U should know what u are talking about before you make a statement like this. Not everyone there smokes and u have NO idea what the job entails. Arc employees work around the clock 7 days a week. They go do visits, meetings, court, etc. so they are going to leave the office early. Most people can't do this job, too hard for them.The people there are not "skanky" and some have college degrees. The people that work there do good things for people that need it. Bcuz of the Arc people with mental and physical disabilities get the medical care they need, and funding to have a home. People like u that have no idea what the job entails should keep their mouth shut. Educate yourself before you go making statements you clearly know nothing about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Johnson City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Johnson City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••