Tri Cities Baptist Church
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned member

Herndon, KY

#43 Apr 13, 2012
I have been a member for many years and I DO NOT like the present situation in the church. I too think our focus is on money and the false facade that is hiding a true desire to root out the "old" and bring in the "new" (or shall we say next generation). I understand keeping up with change is necessary but let us not forget where we came from and alienate those of us who have helped build a foundation of faith. It is truly heartbreaking.
another member

Nashville, TN

#44 Apr 13, 2012
Why are we only concerned about the next generation? What about this generation? Why do we concern ourselves so much about overseas trips and church plantings but we don't worry and visit people in our neighborhoods? Is the present state of affairs the reason Daryl left? Are all the staff members supporting this or only a select few?
Interested to know

Mount Juliet, TN

#45 Apr 13, 2012
If you guys are really members, I would ask you... have you talked to Mike about it? What about the elders of the church?

Also, if you are truly worried about Daryl leaving, why don't you call him up and ask him?

Topix isn't the place for this.
visitedTriCities

Johnson City, TN

#46 Apr 13, 2012
On two occasions, I have been a visitor at this church. Easter was once. This year, the WELCOME began before I parked,
continued into the hospitality room (which was incredible!) and concluded with me leaving with a happy heart after hearing a wonderful sermon!
Come and SEE

Cleveland, TN

#47 Apr 13, 2012
Come visit at TCBC this Sunday!! Would love to have you all visit!! Also...bring the family and kids Sunday afternoon!! HOOPLA!! Great time of fellowship with the community!! Hope to see you all there!!
parent

Nashville, TN

#48 Jul 15, 2012
I have a question. Why does this church put so much emphasis on misson trips but don't worry about their own church kids? I know several are not attending anywhere now. Nobody contacts them in any manner. What are the teachers and youth directors for? Other church kids will see them out and not speak to them. I guess the church has forgotten the verse about the lost sheep. Go on your trips and tell everyone how much good you have done but then snob kids in your community.
another view

Nashville, TN

#49 Jul 16, 2012
parent wrote:
I have a question. Why does this church put so much emphasis on misson trips but don't worry about their own church kids? I know several are not attending anywhere now. Nobody contacts them in any manner. What are the teachers and youth directors for? Other church kids will see them out and not speak to them. I guess the church has forgotten the verse about the lost sheep. Go on your trips and tell everyone how much good you have done but then snob kids in your community.
I know how how you feel. The same thing happened to me.
Not impressed either

Johnson City, TN

#50 Feb 27, 2013
I have gone there a few times and have felt the same way as many who have written down there comments. My worst complaint is with there Sonshine preschool/daycare program. I took my son their last year and found it to be lacking at best. They did not wish to work with my child and he was dismissed after only being there 4 times! If your child is compliant, knows all the rules of socializing, and is cookie cutter at 3 he or she will fit right in. Otherwise, I would strongly suggest taking them somewhere else. The director was totally uncompromising, uncharitable, uncooperative, & frankly unchristian. She would not apologize for her short comings, accuses you of lying & if your child has some behavioral issue it is clearly the fault of the parents. Please, your child deserves better then uppity, snobby, unforgiving people who call themselves Christians! Send your child somewhere else! To those at the church writing on this website and feel there church is doing so well and want new comers in the pews. You might want to sit down as a church family and figure out a way to be more welcoming to those people coming into the church. Remember, sometimes the only view of Christ people see is you and if they continue to go or not does not change our duties as followers of Christ.
Just me

Jonesborough, TN

#51 Mar 2, 2013
why wrote:
Why are the people at this church so arrogant? it is hard to find anyone to speak to you. They seem to care less if you come or not. By looking at what they pay the personnel, you would think they would try to be a little nicer to the people. Have you ever had a visit or call from them? I haven't.
Then, don't go there. Leave them alone and go pick on people actually doing bad things.
Parent

Antioch, TN

#52 Apr 29, 2013
Some of the church's leaders might want to check on their own kids at Boone and see how they are treating other kids. Check and see if they are setting a good Christian example.
t-mart

United States

#53 Apr 30, 2013
Thats a topless church....
Jesus H. Funbagz
Skeet....skeet ....skeet ....3:16
Typical east tn

Johnson City, TN

#54 Sep 8, 2013
We are from the south (which east tenn is def not) where ppl are friendly- tri cities is literally the only church where we did feel welcomed and ppl spoke to us. I don't mean invite you over for Sunday lunch friendly, but at least speak to you and smile. We have yet to find a local east Tennesseean who is friendly. So, my comment to this is: welcome to east tenn, where ppl will walk right past you and will not make eye contact or speak and will invite everyone around you to do something (or talk about something they are all going to together- like lunch) and never once acknowledge your existence and for sure not invite you. Tri-cities is actually a breath of fresh air and a little more like home bc ppl are actually friendly enough to speak.
yeah right

Johnson City, TN

#55 Sep 8, 2013
Typical east tn wrote:
We are from the south (which east tenn is def not) where ppl are friendly- tri cities is literally the only church where we did feel welcomed and ppl spoke to us. I don't mean invite you over for Sunday lunch friendly, but at least speak to you and smile. We have yet to find a local east Tennesseean who is friendly. So, my comment to this is: welcome to east tenn, where ppl will walk right past you and will not make eye contact or speak and will invite everyone around you to do something (or talk about something they are all going to together- like lunch) and never once acknowledge your existence and for sure not invite you. Tri-cities is actually a breath of fresh air and a little more like home bc ppl are actually friendly enough to speak.
Thank rev. for that comment.
Jesus Freak

Jonesborough, TN

#56 Oct 15, 2013
Wow, just wow. Why all the gossip and hate? If you have concerns about a church, then discuss them with the leaders/staff. Give the church a chance. One visit doesn't count.(Shoot - I didn't want to marry my husband after our first date.) Two visits don't count. Make several visits, take an intro class, and do your research. If you still aren't satisfied, then try another church. Some churches, including TCBC, truly desire to be friendly and welcoming. Due to the large number of people attending "big" churches on Sundays it is often difficult for active members to determine who is new and who is not. It's easy to get lost in the crowd. That's why small groups and Sunday school are emphasized and so very important. Churches are made up of people, and people aren't perfect. That's why we need Jesus. Instead of criticizing others (specific people, church bodies, etc.) on how you believe they should behave, why not just focus on your own behavior? Obviously, posting on a forum such as this is not going to address your critiques or change anything. So, why do it? Was it just to be hurtful or to belittle others in an effort to make yourself feel superior or justify your presuppositions? I hope not. I'm a Christian. I'm no better or worse than you. I love you because Jesus loves you. You were made by our Creator and therefore have infinite worth. Be positive. A wise man once said, "Be critical in private and positive in public!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Statewide paving scam. 1 hr DrWhat 2
University High, Johnson City School (Dec '08) 8 hr Uschoolocation 73
DRUG DEALERS in Johnson City (Jun '12) 8 hr Whatupjc 46
I Miss Anna Zook! 21 hr Jason 29
clw delivery? (Apr '12) Sun Bigd 13
Misti Holden crain Sun Cgd 9
Jacob Potter (May '11) Sat TheXwife 15

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance