ut fan

White Pine, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Sounds to me like alot of Churches. Its really sad how unwelcome some "christians" can make you feel. Don't give up looking for a church, there are some true christians out there! Grandview in Johnson city is a wonderful place to attend. People are very nice.
Vols fan

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Our family has attended this church several times. I must say this is one of the most unfriendly churches in the Tri-Cities. The people will just walk by you and never speak.
money

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Vols fan wrote:
Our family has attended this church several times. I must say this is one of the most unfriendly churches in the Tri-Cities. The people will just walk by you and never speak.
So have I. All I heard was money being preached. I was treated the same way.
wondering

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Just wondering, why is associate pastor Darrel suddenly leaving? Seems like a lot of changes going on there.
Why the Hate

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

I have been a member of TCBC for several years. I have been fortunate to get to know and work beside the staff of this church. They are all such a wonderful, loving group of servants that truly love Jesus and His church. I've witnessed the countless hours of dedicated commitment put in by this staff as they faithfully serve this body. I am honored to call them my brothers and sisters. If you're looking for a church, it's a wonderful place where God is moving in a mighty way. It's a Gospel centered, Jesus lifting church that is striving to be obedient to God's direction, the Great Commission, and loving and serving the community it is in. I say this because I am part of this body called TCBC. I know it's not about the money, I know the hearts of the leadership and love them dearly. In my personal experience, speaking for myself, I have found that the condition of my OWN heart dictates my experience in a church. Feeling should be an INDICATOR not a DICTATOR of your heart.
yeah well

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

It blows my mind when people go to church, and a good sized church at that, and are surprised when they aren't bombarded with people kissing their ass. Christian or not, people are people. You don't have strangers in the mall that aren't employed by the stores greeting you and asking how your week was. Most people are nice enough, but don't want to be bothered or bother anyone else. Who cares?
You are Clueless

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

yeah well wrote:
It blows my mind when people go to church, and a good sized church at that, and are surprised when they aren't bombarded with people kissing their ass. Christian or not, people are people. You don't have strangers in the mall that aren't employed by the stores greeting you and asking how your week was. Most people are nice enough, but don't want to be bothered or bother anyone else. Who cares?
So, the congregation of this Church should all be considered strangers? The congregation of the Church is indeed what sells a Church to an outsider coming to visit. The congregation would be considered the marketing group of a Church, which is definitely a business. If the congregation fails at this, then you will see a decline in numbers. I would bet that if numbers begin to decline that the pastor (preacher) will ask his congregation to help with recruitment. Christian or not, people are people? Christians should indeed be held to a higher standard if they are indeed Christians. Why? The teachings of the Bible & the very meaning of being "Christ like". You are way off with your rebuttal & seem to be a clueless narcissist with comments like "who cares?".
ex member

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

That is why several people have already left because of the attitude. Also, why did Daryl leave?
Yeah well

Prosperity, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

You are Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the congregation of this Church should all be considered strangers? The congregation of the Church is indeed what sells a Church to an outsider coming to visit. The congregation would be considered the marketing group of a Church, which is definitely a business. If the congregation fails at this, then you will see a decline in numbers. I would bet that if numbers begin to decline that the pastor (preacher) will ask his congregation to help with recruitment. Christian or not, people are people? Christians should indeed be held to a higher standard if they are indeed Christians. Why? The teachings of the Bible & the very meaning of being "Christ like". You are way off with your rebuttal & seem to be a clueless narcissist with comments like "who cares?".
I'm just saying that by nature most people aren't super outgoing. Alot of those people don't realize they come across as uppity, they are just reserved untill the ice is broken. There is no doubt people should be more inviting, but yeah, they are still human so why get your feelings hurt? I've let it get to me before too, but I had to realize its usually nothing personal.
Yeah well

Prosperity, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

You are Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I'm probably the nicest, most inviting person you would ever meet in real life, but being raised in a missionary baptist church, leaving and looking for the right church that I could feel that super welcoming vibe from people that everyone wants, I was jaded and bitter for a long time untill I realized everyone is looking for that same thing, and i had to be comfortable with being more outgoing and trying to meet new people. Sorry if the whole "who cares" thing sounded insensitive, but i am simply speaking from personal experience.
Interested to Know

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Good thing the early church as described in Acts 2 wasn't so worried about people being so nice and kind to them when they walked through the door.

Instead of asking what the people can do for you, why not go to church and ask "what can I do to glorify God in my community through this church?"

That's Christ-like.
Grasshopper

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Interested to Know wrote:
Good thing the early church as described in Acts 2 wasn't so worried about people being so nice and kind to them when they walked through the door.
Instead of asking what the people can do for you, why not go to church and ask "what can I do to glorify God in my community through this church?"
That's Christ-like.
Good thing that we don't live back in those times with only a handful of churches to worship at. Today, we have millions of choices of where to worship & today ALL Churches are businesses plain & simple. To think any other way would simply be naive, every leadership position is on payroll. Why not go to a Church where you enjoy the congregation & don't feel the "need", but the "want" to go out & promote your wonderful & pleasant Church. This way, when your visitors come with you they have the same warm & fuzzy feeling & feel so great about their experience that those visitors will shout it to the Heavens. I am sure from your posting that you are the only person who knows what being "Christ like" is all about. Funny.
customer

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Money, money, money, thats what its all about now.
lol

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

BOO
Interested to know

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Grasshopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing that we don't live back in those times with only a handful of churches to worship at. Today, we have millions of choices of where to worship & today ALL Churches are businesses plain & simple. To think any other way would simply be naive, every leadership position is on payroll. Why not go to a Church where you enjoy the congregation & don't feel the "need", but the "want" to go out & promote your wonderful & pleasant Church. This way, when your visitors come with you they have the same warm & fuzzy feeling & feel so great about their experience that those visitors will shout it to the Heavens. I am sure from your posting that you are the only person who knows what being "Christ like" is all about. Funny.
If I am interested in making sure that I felt good when I went to church, then I would probably follow your method.
Grasshopper

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Interested to know wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am interested in making sure that I felt good when I went to church, then I would probably follow your method.
So, you don't feel good when you go to Church? Hmmmm, then why do you go? Why do you have faith if it doesn't feel good?
Interested to know

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Grasshopper wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't feel good when you go to Church? Hmmmm, then why do you go? Why do you have faith if it doesn't feel good?
I have faith because God chose to reveal Himself to me through His word and I realized that I was guilty of breaking His laws many, many times, but that He paid the punishment for me through the death of His Son...whose resurrection I celebrated yesterday.

I have been bought for a price... my feelings are insignificant.
Robert

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

I stopped going to church when the judgemental uppity idiots wouldn't let me drink beer during the sermon. I like to relax with a couple cold brewskies while listening to a bible story and I kept my little beer tote out of the way under the pew in front of me but they still busted my balls for it. So now I just turn to one of the bible-thumper channels for an hour on Sunday mornings while knocking back a couple cold ones on my sofa.
Bob

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

Please check this site out. www.hopechurchonline.com . This is the church that Pastor Mike came from. There is alot of things that he is trying to do at Tri Cities that this chuch is doing. I am a member and I am afraid that our church is going in the wrong direction. Great people will leave becasue of the upcoming changes. Just sit back and watch. Next thing you know we will be giving, houses, cars, land, and bonds. Sounds like alot of personal agendas out there.
amen

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

Bob wrote:
Please check this site out. www.hopechurchonline.com . This is the church that Pastor Mike came from. There is alot of things that he is trying to do at Tri Cities that this chuch is doing. I am a member and I am afraid that our church is going in the wrong direction. Great people will leave becasue of the upcoming changes. Just sit back and watch. Next thing you know we will be giving, houses, cars, land, and bonds. Sounds like alot of personal agendas out there.
Why did Daryl leave? Did he not go along with the new agenda?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Johnson City News, Events & Info