Comments
21 - 36 of 36 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
REAL WORLD JWs

Akron, OH

#25 Jun 13, 2012
Here are some recent examples of REAL WORLD Jehovah's Witnesses displaying the teachings of the Watchtower Cult.

Interested Readers should google the name "GRETA HAWKINS" -- to read June 2012 newspaper articles about a Jehovah's Witness public elementary school Principal who just recently refused to allow her students to sing Lee Greenwood's "GOD BLESS THE USA" at a recent graduation ceremony. Hawkins has also attempted to do away with her school's custom of daily reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and singing "AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL".

Interested Readers can also google the name "LEROY McKELVEY" -- to read newspaper articles about a "devout Jehovah's Witness" who tased a U.S. Marine and others at a September 2011 Jets-Cowboys football game attended by past President George W. Bush and other public officials present to honor the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

Interested Readers should google the phrase "JW Manager entered the apartment without permission and took down the Flag" to read about a Jehovah's Witness apartment building Manager who refused to allow tenants to display the American Flag after 9-11.

To read about all of the above on one single webpage, Google the names "Armando Perez",
"Tyler Templeton", and "Bruce Cooke"
-- ALL IN THE SAME SEARCH -- to read about a dozen or so similar incidents involving "Jehovah's Witnesses".
Right

Franklin, TN

#26 Jun 13, 2012
REAL WORLD JWs wrote:
Here are some recent examples of REAL WORLD Jehovah's Witnesses displaying the teachings of the Watchtower Cult.
Interested Readers should google the name "GRETA HAWKINS" -- to read June 2012 newspaper articles about a Jehovah's Witness public elementary school Principal who just recently refused to allow her students to sing Lee Greenwood's "GOD BLESS THE USA" at a recent graduation ceremony. Hawkins has also attempted to do away with her school's custom of daily reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and singing "AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL".
Interested Readers can also google the name "LEROY McKELVEY" -- to read newspaper articles about a "devout Jehovah's Witness" who tased a U.S. Marine and others at a September 2011 Jets-Cowboys football game attended by past President George W. Bush and other public officials present to honor the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
Interested Readers should google the phrase "JW Manager entered the apartment without permission and took down the Flag" to read about a Jehovah's Witness apartment building Manager who refused to allow tenants to display the American Flag after 9-11.
To read about all of the above on one single webpage, Google the names "Armando Perez",
"Tyler Templeton", and "Bruce Cooke"
-- ALL IN THE SAME SEARCH -- to read about a dozen or so similar incidents involving "Jehovah's Witnesses".
Who gives a f*ck???
REAL WORLD JWs

Akron, OH

#27 Jun 15, 2012
Apparently, NOT any of the employees at the Johnson City Convention & Visitors Bureau; NOT any of Johnson City's elected Officials; NOR any of the surrounding County Officials --- ALL of whom evidently REPRESENT an entire Community, which DOES NOT GIVE A FLIP.

The second Convention started a few hours ago. There must be a mad rush of locals heading that way right now.

On Sunday, JC Churches will apparently be EMPTY, since everyone will be at Freedom Hall.
TODAYS NEWS

Akron, OH

#28 Jun 15, 2012
HOT OFF THE PRESSES!!!

According to MSNBC, and other news sources, on Thursday, June 14, 2012, a California Jury awarded a Jehovah's Witness child sex abuse VICTIM a total of $28,000,000.00.

The WATCHTOWER CULT was ordered to pay approximately $22.9 MILLION.

The involved Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses was ordered to pay approximately $900,000.00.

The JW PERP was ordered to pay approximately $4.2 Million.

The $22.9 MILLION award ordered to be paid by the WATCHTOWER CULT included $21 MILLION designated as "PUNITIVE DAMAGES".

The JW PERP had previously been convicted of various child molestation charges, but that fact had been kept SECRET from the child's parents and other members of their local Kingdom Hall by that Kingdom Hall's "Elders".

After considering all the Evidence, the Jury ruled that the local "Elders" had simply obeyed the Directives received from Watchtower Cult Headquarters to keep the identity of convicted child molesters within the Kigdom Hall a SECRET, and thus Watchtower Cult Headquarters was held responsible for most of the "damages" caused by the JW Perp, and suffered by the VICTIM.

Other news sources indicate that the "United States" portion of the International WATCHTOWER CULT has a "net worth" of approximately ONE BILLION DOLLARS.
Durrr

Franklin, TN

#29 Jun 15, 2012
Sounds like the Catholic church but the Catholic church has committed atrocities that make this look like nothing...but that could never be because they're "christians" right?
TODAYS NEWS

Akron, OH

#30 Jun 15, 2012
Don't downplay this Jury decision.

Remember that after hearing the evidence against WATCHTOWER CULT HEADQUARTERS, the Jury PENALIZED the CULT another $21 MILLION DOLLARS in PUNITIVE DAMAGES on top of the $1.9 MILLION in ACTUAL DAMAGES.

This court decision is the nation's LARGEST EVER VERDICT for ONE SINGLE VICTIM in a child sex abuse case involving a "religious institution" -- thanks to the PUNITIVE DAMAGES which the outraged Jury thought the WATCHTOWER CULT "earned".
bill

Clover, SC

#31 Jun 15, 2012
I I'm going tomorrow, I hear they are peaceful. Idk, but ima check it out
fritz

Columbus, OH

#32 Jun 16, 2012
TODAYS NEWS wrote:
Don't downplay this Jury decision.
Remember that after hearing the evidence against WATCHTOWER CULT HEADQUARTERS, the Jury PENALIZED the CULT another $21 MILLION DOLLARS in PUNITIVE DAMAGES on top of the $1.9 MILLION in ACTUAL DAMAGES.
This court decision is the nation's LARGEST EVER VERDICT for ONE SINGLE VICTIM in a child sex abuse case involving a "religious institution" -- thanks to the PUNITIVE DAMAGES which the outraged Jury thought the WATCHTOWER CULT "earned".
So how is that MSN dial-up internet service treating you?
Richard Johnson

Mountain City, TN

#33 Jun 16, 2012
fritz wrote:
<quoted text>
So how is that MSN dial-up internet service treating you?
What I thought was interesting was that all she actually asked for was 144,000 cents.
YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK

Akron, OH

#34 Jun 17, 2012
Today's final day sessions have just started.

The TAXPAYERS of Johnson City should know that the WATCHTOWER CULT considers the SECRET AMOUNT given to the CULT by the Johnson City Council to have been a "VOLUNTARY DONATION".

Here is an excerpt from the PRESS RELEASE regarding the multiple Johnson City CULT Conventions sent out by the Watchtower Cult's Convention Department in Brooklyn, New York.

"Conventions of Jehovah's Witnesses are supported entirely by voluntary donations."

TAXPAYERS should call down to City Hall to see what their shares were of the SECRET AMOUNT, so that they can claim a tax deduction on their next tax return.
Taxpayer

Mountain City, TN

#35 Jun 17, 2012
I noticed that he Fountain of Life Baptist church uses Freedom Hall on a regular basis. Is this taxpayer funded? They are even giving out free tickets for an event that will feature Ted Nugent. Now, I like Nugent as a musician, but I'm sure that this will be a political event. Will they have to pay for the use of facility? Security? What is the difference in one religious group using he facility when another one uses it as well?
URClueless

Johnson City, TN

#36 Jun 23, 2012
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember the OP stating or implying that he was or was not a Christian. It appeared to me that he/she provided some thoroughly researched information questioning why our citys' leaders would allow a group to hold assemblies in our city that question the authority of the very leaders granting that permission.
You, on the other hand, come on here lambasting Christians and their beliefs with insults as if you're trying to settle a personal vendetta. You are fortunate to live in a country where you can choose to believe however you wish. You have faith that you are going to wake up everyday and that the car is going to start when you turn the key and that the lights are going to come on when you flip the switch. Let Christians have their faith as well.
Obviously, you can not comprehend things that are written very well. He did not lambast chrictians or christianity. He simply listed a couple of ideas that the christian faith sunscribes to and points out that they may be illogical to some of other faiths. Christians find other faith practices illogical to the point of calling them evil and satanic. Talk about judging! And why the insinuation that we wake up every morning in this country as if it has something to do with christianity? All religions can have their faith, he did not deny anyone that. He does attack the tax breaks that religions enjoy and I agree, they need to pay their fair share like everybody else. In this day and age of towns and counties going belly up and suffering huge budget shortfalls, that tax money could do a lot to help the community. After all, isn't that what all religions are about, helping people !
Political News

Redmond, WA

#37 May 15, 2013
This is the thread referenced in the TOPIX thread titled JEHOVAH'S WITNESS Honored By CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.
YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK

Akron, OH

#38 Jun 29, 2013
In the June 29, 2013 edition of the JOHNSON CITY PRESS, staff reporter
JENNIFER SPROUSE authored her second gratuitous "puff piece" article in as many weeks which PROMOTES the WATCHTOWER CULT and its two summer Conventions being hosted by FREEDOM HALL management. This week's WATCHTOWER CULT promo article includes 20 photographs snapped by staff photographer DAVE BOYD.

JENNIFER SPROUSE's SECOND article includes prepared "sound bites" from local businessman and local WATCHTOWER CULT Spokesperson, KEN ROSS, of Jonesborough. KEN ROSS was recently honored by the CHAMBER OF COMMERCE as the person most responsible for bringing these WATCHTOWER CULT Conventions to Johnson City.

Once again, notably ABSENT from JENNIFER SPROUSE's article is any mention of the contractual terms between the WATCHTOWER CULT and FREEDOM HALL, or the amount of FINANCIAL SUBSIDIES given to the WATCHTOWER CULT by local City and County POLITICIANS to entice the CULT to hold its Conventions in Johnson City.

Oh well, we really did NOT expect HONESTY nor FULL DISCLOSURE from the JOHNSON CITY PRESS, nor its reporters. That would be too much to ask.
Friendly

Forest City, NC

#39 Jul 1, 2013
Wow,how ridiculous to assume so much with no proof...remember in the bible Jesus said they will hate you as they do me????Because true christians are persecuted just as Jesus was...if you have ever heard that JW's always leave the facilities they have their conventions cleaner than when they arrived, also, they meet all over the world....they have conventions called international conventions, where they see their christian brothers and sisters of all races...they meet at a location where many can congregate and share experiences.....it encourages their faith....no other religion is preached and teached about all over the world....and these people live clean lives and are good.....so please attend one of their conventions as I have and leave your judgment at the door, and you may see a very loving group of all races serving their god unitedly....
Oh my

Forest City, NC

#40 Jul 1, 2013
To Curious, lol...they want to rule the planet??? I guess thats why they come to your door, they want you there too???hmm?So be happy you can rule with them, lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still no horses allowed the Tweetsie Trail 2 hr Gomer 3
TPI Corp (Aug '10) 4 hr Gomer 55
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 5 hr TheRealZeke 8,614
Adult ADHD / ADD Treatment in Tri-Cities 5 hr tellthetruth 3
POLICE hide THP wife beater arrest 6 hr tellthetruth 25
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 7 hr Martha L 148
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 12 hr Clover_SpringNewt 9,315
PETITION LINK FOR RON DYKES RESIGNATION OR REMO... 15 hr WillGetJustice 17
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••