First Prev
of 2
Next Last
need some info

East Bernstadt, KY

#1 Dec 30, 2012
Im a Registered Nurse and wanting to move to JC because there are no job opportunities here in KY. Was wondering how hard it is to find a 1st shift job there? Is there any clinics hiring and what are the names? I have a 10 y/o daughter and was also wondering about schools there and safe places to live. Can I find a decent 2 bedroom rental for $500?? I need to move ASAP so any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS SOO MUCH
Tommy two Nuts

Irving, TX

#2 Dec 31, 2012
need some info wrote:
Im a Registered Nurse and wanting to move to JC because there are no job opportunities here in KY. Was wondering how hard it is to find a 1st shift job there? Is there any clinics hiring and what are the names? I have a 10 y/o daughter and was also wondering about schools there and safe places to live. Can I find a decent 2 bedroom rental for $500?? I need to move ASAP so any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS SOO MUCH
Are you hot?
need some info

East Bernstadt, KY

#3 Dec 31, 2012
I'm married. My husband will be lookin for a job to. He was a coalminer here in Ky and is done with that line of work.
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

#4 Dec 31, 2012
need some info wrote:
There's always Nursing jobs around the Tri-Cities area & the pay is very good.

I dont know about rentals but u could look in the Johnson City Press Chronicle newspaper to see what places rent for.
ummm

Kingsport, TN

#5 Dec 31, 2012
There are tons of jobs if you're willing to work 12 hour shifts because 12 hour shifts is what the hospitals offer. I don't see why you couldn't do that if your husband is unemployed. You can find a "decent" apartment for $500 but I don't know what your expectations or definition of decent is.

It's interesting that you say you are moving to JC because there are no job opportunities where you are, but you're on here asking about job opportunities. Why would you be moving here without already knowing you'll have a job? Weird.
ummm

Kingsport, TN

#6 Dec 31, 2012
OldTennGranny wrote:
<quoted text>
There's always Nursing jobs around the Tri-Cities area & the pay is very good.
I dont know about rentals but u could look in the Johnson City Press Chronicle newspaper to see what places rent for.
The pay is very good compared to what? Fast food employees? We have some of the lowest paid nurses in the country.
Heathen

Johnson City, TN

#7 Dec 31, 2012
need some info wrote:
Im a Registered Nurse and wanting to move to JC because there are no job opportunities here in KY. Was wondering how hard it is to find a 1st shift job there? Is there any clinics hiring and what are the names? I have a 10 y/o daughter and was also wondering about schools there and safe places to live. Can I find a decent 2 bedroom rental for $500?? I need to move ASAP so any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS SOO MUCH
You'll get better answers to your questions at this site www.city-data.com/forum/kingsport-johnson-cit... than you will here on topix.
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

#8 Dec 31, 2012
ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
The pay is very good compared to what? Fast food employees? We have some of the lowest paid nurses in the country.
Yes the pay is VERY good compared to fast food employees, yet we werent talking about food service work, now were we?

The pay is VERY good compared to OUR area, we dont live in other countries, now do we?

My daughter is a Nurse and she makes excellent money!
Tommy Two Nuts

Tyler, TX

#9 Dec 31, 2012
need some info wrote:
I'm married. My husband will be lookin for a job to. He was a coalminer here in Ky and is done with that line of work.
Yeah, but are you hot?
Idiots around me

Johnson City, TN

#10 Dec 31, 2012
If you are a RN then you should be paid your worth for your training and education. My advice to you is NOT to move to this area. True there are nursing jobs here and the pay is okay but the hospitals around this area especially Mountain States Health aka Johnson City Medical Center is a suck whole of a place to work for. Welmont is a little better but they also have been known to treat their employees badly. My daughter is a RN and she moved from to another state Ga. to make better money and be appreciated for her work. Truly, If you want to be happy do not come here as your husband will have a hard time finding work and you will be treated second class by the health care providers in this area.
Idiots around me

Johnson City, TN

#11 Dec 31, 2012
Tommy Two Nuts - You are one of the idiots I am talking about when I say Idiots around me....Get a life dude!
Heather

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jan 3, 2013
There are LOTS of nursing job here, but the pay here is one of the lowest in the country. You can look on MSHAhr.com and http://www.wellmont.org/Careers/Careers.aspx for job postings.

I have rented several places here in the tri cities and you cannot really get a decent place in Johnson City for less than $700 and even those are not great. It is full of college kids whose parents will pay any price for them to be close to campus, so I would suggest looking further away from ETSU. Check out the UDC website, those are some of the nicest apartments in the area. http://www.universaldevelopment.biz/
Jamie

Johnson City, TN

#13 Jan 4, 2013
need some info wrote:
Im a Registered Nurse and wanting to move to JC because there are no job opportunities here in KY. Was wondering how hard it is to find a 1st shift job there? Is there any clinics hiring and what are the names? I have a 10 y/o daughter and was also wondering about schools there and safe places to live. Can I find a decent 2 bedroom rental for $500?? I need to move ASAP so any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS SOO
MUCH
I'm an x ray tech from Harlan Co. I've worked for Mountain States for four years. There should be plenty of nursing jobs around and I do recommend MSHA they're a quality company to work for. As far as rent you might find something closer to Kingsport or Gray in the $500 range. Good luck!!
humble

Park Hills, MO

#14 Jan 4, 2013
You may wanna look for rentals in the Jonesborough area, may save some money and still be close to work..
Job for you

Johnson City, TN

#15 Jan 4, 2013
Most all of the larger MD specialist offices have their own surgery centers and are always looking for RN's. You don't have to work at a hospital and do 12 hr shifts. Especially try Mountain Empire Surgery Center or look at Indeed.com , type in Johnson City as your location and I bet you will suprised by all the regular offices that are hiring RN's.

Plus locals job hop so often, employers will pass on them and chose someone who isn't from here.
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

#16 Jan 4, 2013
It's cheaper to buy than it is to rent.
trish

Kingsport, TN

#17 Jan 4, 2013
Mountain States Health Alliance has a monopoly on healthcare in the tri-cities area, which means they are in the position to control the status quo of nurse pay rates. I worked for MSHA as a nurse before at a measly rate of $10/hr because I was desperate for a job.
I have also heard from several RN's who work at the medical center who get a measly $14/hr.
They pay their nurses terribly, and recently have cut close to 200 positions overall. You should look to another region or city in TN before putting you eggs in one basket
humble

Park Hills, MO

#18 Jan 4, 2013
trish wrote:
Mountain States Health Alliance has a monopoly on healthcare in the tri-cities area, which means they are in the position to control the status quo of nurse pay rates. I worked for MSHA as a nurse before at a measly rate of $10/hr because I was desperate for a job.
I have also heard from several RN's who work at the medical center who get a measly $14/hr.
They pay their nurses terribly, and recently have cut close to 200 positions overall. You should look to another region or city in TN before putting you eggs in one basket
My cousin is an RN and left MSHA for Wellmont
keep going

Bristol, TN

#19 Jan 5, 2013
I guarantee you that you will be ready to leave wthin one year. This is an easy place to get stuck and unless you are a hunter or big fisher you probably are not goig to like it much with any acivities. My advice is to go to an area with a MUCH BETTER job market.
pissed

Park Hills, MO

#20 Jan 5, 2013
keep going wrote:
I guarantee you that you will be ready to leave wthin one year. This is an easy place to get stuck and unless you are a hunter or big fisher you probably are not goig to like it much with any acivities. My advice is to go to an area with a MUCH BETTER job market.
She could always become an alcoholic and hit the local bar scene

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WQUT's Tennessee Midnight Rambler Retires (Jan '12) 12 min Jethro Toe 72
Washington County Taxpayers Wake Up 7 hr Old timer 5
Legal advice 10 hr Gina 1
Ashley @ Boones creek roadrunner 14 hr ashleys man 13
Bemberg Plant 15 hr Frequently 21
Dr. Charles David Cesare--ETSU 17 hr Etsu ho 1
WJHL's Lying Nate Mora mutherfuken GDdm bito 19 hr Watson 3
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Thu Tanya 697
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]