MOUNTAIN HOME VA being conservative

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bush war vets

Jonesborough, TN

#1 May 31, 2014
Are they being conservative with the funds that are allotted to our veterans for their service because around here it what employers do in the private sector . If they are I don't blame Obama I blame the BUSH family and the three wars with the two in Iraq being unnecessary.
Short changing vets

Jonesborough, TN

#2 May 31, 2014
I say we need to keep a eye on the management because they may have the same problems they have country wide . changing
More games with VETS

United States

#3 May 31, 2014
http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20140227...

We know Obama will be blamed, he had already been blamed for the cost of the wars and lives lost for wars he didn't start, But the blame should be placed where it should be, not turned into some political game.
Independent

Ashburn, VA

#4 May 31, 2014
Obama,Bush,Clinton and the rest are to blame. There is plenty of blame to go around.
Not Conservative cowards

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Jun 5, 2014
No they went and served the country so now we need to make sure the wealthy conservatives are taxed and aid and comfort to our troops is given without being conservative about it .
Mark

Charlotte, NC

#6 Jun 5, 2014
Not Conservative cowards wrote:
No they went and served the country so now we need to make sure the wealthy conservatives are taxed and aid and comfort to our troops is given without being conservative about it .
War hawks send other people's sons and daughter 's to wars they start, they only care what happens to them if it makes them look good at the polls.
Too much careing

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Jun 6, 2014
It cost more money and sooner or later the coward wealthy conservatives will have to be taxed .
Uncle Rhesus

Kingsport, TN

#8 Jun 6, 2014
Let me tell you how it works at the VA. The big dog administrators from the top down get brownie points for every dollar they save from meeting or being under the alloted budget. It's been that way for a long time. Sure that means substandard care, but they are raking a good salary from it and impressing the superiors. I don't care who you want to blame, but it is business as usual. This stuff has gone on for years and years and will continue to do so in spite of the sacrifices of our veterans. Back in the good old days there was no distinction between service related illness and
the illness of general life, but now there is. Our veterans are getting the shit end of the stick.
Less care GOP

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Jun 6, 2014
It goes along with less Government Republicanism the brave Veterans suffer and ROE and others ignore their needs in favor of tax breaks to the rich .
Mark

Rock Hill, SC

#10 Jun 6, 2014
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/...

The catch praise "support our troops" was started by the GOP, but hollow words by the party that blocks bills for the Vets, and then gets their media to blame the Democrats, no wonder the congress is at the lowest ratings in history,
WW II vet

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Jun 6, 2014
Mark wrote:
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor -action/senate/199480-gop-bloc ks-veterans-bill
The catch praise "support our troops" was started by the GOP, but hollow words by the party that blocks bills for the Vets, and then gets their media to blame the Democrats, no wonder the congress is at the lowest ratings in history,
yes your so right about them conservatives and war they like other people to serve in their place then let them down when they come home .
Korean veteran

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Jun 7, 2014
They served us now we need to serve them and take conservative values out of the VA .
Hillbillyboy

United States

#13 Jun 7, 2014
Ive been going to the VA under 4 Presidents now, and things are actually far better now than they were 20 years ago. Back then, a simple visit to the VA was something to be dreaded.

Get there around 7 am, and go to the waiting room with 1000 other guys. Sitting in thew waiting room for 10-12 hours wasnt uncommon. They have a better system now.

But, that is the treatment side of the VA, which is a system that wears two hats. The other "hat" of the VAis the administrative side. That is the benifits side of the VA that covers pensions and disability and so on. And it has gotten a lot worse than ever.

The claims backlog is one case in point.

They have a board that works to process the backlog of claims. They process the backlog faster by denying stuff faster.

Benifits claims are be reviewed and denied in shorter times than ever now, and that shows a "reduction in the backlog" of claims, which gives the false appearance of progress being made.

(Thats is because they deny more stuff quicker)

And that "reduction in backlog" looks good for big executives who want a bonus, you see.

Of course, those "denied" claims from Veterans will go straight to appeal. But thats OK, as they arent counted as "backlog" anymore when they are in the appeal phase.

And a claim in appeal phase can go on for a year, or two, or twenty, or fifty years. Tine has no meaning to a claim in appeal phase. I saw a news article about a WWII vet the other day that finally got his claim approved.

It only took 68 years!

So, as much news coverage that the treatment phase of the VA is getting these days, the benifits side of the VA is far worse.

But, the treatment phase has actually gotten a lot better under Obama, and the benifits part has gotten a lot worse. At least that is my opinion.
Roe needs to go see

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Jun 7, 2014
He can sit in Washington DC and say he cares but what we really need is a visit to see the daily operations when he shows up unanticipated and see how vets are treated or not in a timely manor . I have heard some workers have been let go or moved to other departments in response to national out rage over Vets being mistreated .
Roe to busy to go VA

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Jun 9, 2014
Yes Roe is too busy meeting with rich people to go by the VA and see if they need more funding or a change in management .
Less Government

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Jun 9, 2014
We need to privatize the health care of our vets which means they could be put on the platinum Obama- care policy .
Hillbillyboy

United States

#17 Jun 9, 2014
Less Government wrote:
We need to privatize the health care of our vets which means they could be put on the platinum Obama- care policy .
But that can bad for the vets too, in getting thier claims approved, at least.

And that is because, as I understand it, an examination or diagnosis of a service connected injury or condition from a private medical provider, would be considered an "IMO",(Independent medical Opinion), and the ratings board of the VA sometimes wont even look at an IMO in regards to a disability claim.

Which would be yet another bureaucratic obstacle that would stand between veterans getting the benefits they deserve.

And that is just one of the reasons why I think that while the teeatment side of the VA has gotten better (really, it aint anywhere as bad as it used to be), the administrative side of the VA has gotten a lot worse, and privatising veterans care would only make it even more so.

And the administrative side of the VA has an impact on the treatment aspect, unless vets are willing to start paying for thier own treatment, medical devices, and medicine out of thier own pockets while the VA ratings board sends thier claims into a bureaucratic form of the Bermuda Triangle, where claims just sort of go into outer space while the vets wait.

And wait, and wait...
Throw money at it

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Jun 9, 2014
Vets earned some aid and comfort for serving when others didn't so they deserve it even if the wounds are not service related but old age . The young bucks need the jobs .
Draft would fix it

Jonesborough, TN

#19 Jun 10, 2014
Yes if we let rich conservative kids serve they would came about veterans more when the grow up and their balls drop . The cowards .
ArmadaMinata

Kingsport, TN

#20 Jun 10, 2014
Yea 13$ an hour for a laundry worker is being very conservative

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still no horses allowed the Tweetsie Trail (Aug '14) 1 hr Wyatt Earp 69
Pharaohs 2 hr jackson43 1
Our future under current TN law 5 hr homesick 1
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare 6 hr We the people pip... 59
Jeff Davenport 10 hr curious 11
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 14 hr MedOne 476
Mahoneys, Johnson city, (Nov '07) 19 hr H Apples 105
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web