Washington County TN teachers vote ag...

Washington County TN teachers vote against Eldridge

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Attn WC TN Teachers

Brentwood, TN

#1 Jan 17, 2010
Remember the illegal/unethical hiring of Danny Good for Athletic Director. County Mayor Candidate Dan Eldridge has Clarence Mabe as co treasuer of his campaign along with recently convicted Al Fatheree (Of DUI). School board member Clarence Mabe help pave the way for flunky Danny Good to be appointed AD. Although entire board approved lowering qualification of newly created athletic directors position even though teachers have not even had a cost of living raise in 4 yrs. January 16, 2009 JCpress quotes Dykes as saying their will be more cuts because of economy. For the record if any Boardmember says AD position will pay for itself IS LYING THEY CAN OFFER NO PROOF TO BACK THAT FALSE STATEMENT. In 2010 elections please vote honesty and integrity AND DO NOT VOTE FOR ANY CANDIDATE WHO CURRENTLY WORKS AS EMPLOYEE FOR THE COUNTY TO THE COUNTY COMMISSION-THIS IS HOW UNETHICAL HIRINGS AND DECISIONS START. DO NOT VOTE FOR ROBBIE MCGUIRE IN 2ND COMMISION DISTRICT (HE IS EMPLOYED BY TAX ASSESORS OFFICE. DO NOT VOTE FOR GREG MATHERLY IN 1ST DISTRICT(EMPLOYED BY SHERIFFS DEPT)WE WILL BE LISTING MANY MORE IN FUTURE. DO NOT VOTE FOR ELDRIDGE THERE IS NO WAY HE IS FOR CHANGE AND TRANSPERENCY WHEN HIS VERY CAMPAIGHN SUPPORTERS AND WORKERS ARE/HAVE BEEN PART OF THE PROBLEM.
PleaseRespond

Nashville, TN

#2 Jan 17, 2010
Attn WC TN Teachers wrote:
Remember the illegal/unethical hiring of Danny Good for Athletic Director. County Mayor Candidate Dan Eldridge has Clarence Mabe as co treasuer of his campaign along with recently convicted Al Fatheree (Of DUI). School board member Clarence Mabe help pave the way for flunky Danny Good to be appointed AD. Although entire board approved lowering qualification of newly created athletic directors position even though teachers have not even had a cost of living raise in 4 yrs. January 16, 2009 JCpress quotes Dykes as saying their will be more cuts because of economy. For the record if any Boardmember says AD position will pay for itself IS LYING THEY CAN OFFER NO PROOF TO BACK THAT FALSE STATEMENT. In 2010 elections please vote honesty and integrity AND DO NOT VOTE FOR ANY CANDIDATE WHO CURRENTLY WORKS AS EMPLOYEE FOR THE COUNTY TO THE COUNTY COMMISSION-THIS IS HOW UNETHICAL HIRINGS AND DECISIONS START. DO NOT VOTE FOR ROBBIE MCGUIRE IN 2ND COMMISION DISTRICT (HE IS EMPLOYED BY TAX ASSESORS OFFICE. DO NOT VOTE FOR GREG MATHERLY IN 1ST DISTRICT(EMPLOYED BY SHERIFFS DEPT)WE WILL BE LISTING MANY MORE IN FUTURE. DO NOT VOTE FOR ELDRIDGE THERE IS NO WAY HE IS FOR CHANGE AND TRANSPERENCY WHEN HIS VERY CAMPAIGHN SUPPORTERS AND WORKERS ARE/HAVE BEEN PART OF THE PROBLEM.
Thanks for this information. Is anyone running against Mabe in the upcomming election?
Mabe Barnes Brinkley

Brentwood, TN

#3 Jan 17, 2010
Be advised Mabe, Eric Barnes And newly appointed Bill Brinkley all from 3rd district school board are up for re-election. Brinkley was a Mabe appointtee as was Danny Good. Brinkley needs to go as well for he along with Barnes votes the way Mabe does. Bill Brinkley has been repeatedly asked about the unethical hiring and will do nothing or comment on the matter-he is now beholden to the selfserving group. Clarence Mabe portrays the Christian man saying he is serving mankind but he is doing this for personal reasons and granted he may not make pennies for schoolboard position but made thousands in land deals in development near schools-how convenient or should I say HOW CROOKED. Mabe will say all lies but the facts are facts and the filed deeds are for public viewing at your local courthouse. Remember Teachers get the word out in the County Commission race to not vote for any courthouse employee as county Commissioner this will only hurt education.
be honest

Brentwood, TN

#4 Jan 17, 2010
Also just for info County Commissioner Mark Larkey works for Clarence Mabe in the Amusement game co.
Current County Commissioner works in purchasing for the County.

2nd district has County Employee Robbie Mcguire running for Commissioner. He works for Tax Assessors office-thats all we need.

County empolyees as Commissioners pose conflict of interest when voting pertaining to their dept. and probably are guided how to vote budget wise-THIS DOES NOT PUT TAXPAYERS FISRT IT PUTS US SECOND.
Washington County Voter

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jan 28, 2010
Dan Eldridge is the County Commissioner's choice for mayor. They are all endorsing him, to the point that he has had special invitations to all budget meetings. If you want "business as usual" vote Eldridge. Also, you might want to check out Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., Washington, D. C. v. In the Matter of Mountain Commerce Bank, Erwin, Tennessee. Eldridge is on the Board of Directors. In a November document, the F.D.I.C. ordered Mountain Commerce to stop operating with "an ineffective BSA/Anti-mony Laundering (AML) Compliance Program and with "an ineffective system of internal controls to insure compliance with the BSA Rules." According to a handbook from the U.S. Comptroller of the Currency, "Congress enacted the BSA to prevent banks and other financial service providers from being used as intermediaries for, or to hide the transfer or deposit of money derived from criminal activity." Most of the citizens of Washington County do not know this, but I think it is very important that they be informed and they also need to know just how important this election is to our local taxpayers. It would be worse than "business as usual" if Eldridge is elected to this powerful position.
Attn WC TN Teachers wrote:
Needless to say

Brentwood, TN

#6 Jan 28, 2010
Try calling Dan Eldridge-he never answers or will he return a phone call if you leave message concerning ethics in Washington County. He is a wimp or lying.
Waltzer1945

United States

#7 Jan 28, 2010
In reference to Dan Eldridge as County Mayor....Let the person that has no sin cast the first stone.
Regarding Greg Matherly as commissioner.....Greg is a good person and represents his district in the highest manner. Why don't some of you run for these offices and see what time and energy it takes. You have no idea what these commissioners put up with........walk a mile in their shoes then you won't be so quick to cast stones.
Needless to say

Brentwood, TN

#8 Jan 28, 2010
The JC Press today had article about Sullivan County Sheriff Wayne Anderson On County employees running for County Commissioner. He gets it and why its not a great idea. I guess waltzer1945 likes big gov. Eldridge was quoted he thought the current commission members was good. Eldridge responded when asked about this at The NorthEast Tn Republican meeting. Don Arnold wants to size down the commission as Knox County did. Knox County has proven it works and works efficiently.
Waltzer1945

United States

#9 Jan 29, 2010
Thanks to the ones that think I am "nuts" and "clueless". It was so kind of you to respond in such a nice way.
Larry Hughes

Brentwood, TN

#10 Jan 30, 2010
Waltzer1945 wrote:
In reference to Dan Eldridge as County Mayor....Let the person that has no sin cast the first stone.
Regarding Greg Matherly as commissioner.....Greg is a good person and represents his district in the highest manner. Why don't some of you run for these offices and see what time and energy it takes. You have no idea what these commissioners put up with........walk a mile in their shoes then you won't be so quick to cast stones.
Not sure about Eldridges sin but his policies and supporters are in question. Eldridge supported and was spokesperson for largest wheel tax along with property tax increase. The county commission along with school board over spent on new schools-poor planning should have built new highschool and one elementary. Due to lack of foresight we will need new highschool within 5-6 yrs. Courthouse overspent. Schoolboard budget 2008-2009 overlooked 1.8 million dollars. Commission is too big and 70% of commission is allowed full time benefits(health ins) by the way no other part-time county employee is eligible. Eldrige was ask at North East Republican meeting about downsizing commission-his response was he felt is was just the right size. How is it lagrer counties function much more efficient with less commissioners(ex. Knox County 11 commissioners). There are times tax increases are needed but Washington County has lot of waste. Matherly is a good man but the point is when a sitting commissioner is also a county employee it can lead to whats best for the dept he works in and not the citizens. We do not need to give a tax and spend commission another ave. to tax us. Our commission is out of line we have many who work for county and many who have hired family. We need true ethics as other TN counties are now doing. Eldrige campaign chairperson just supported a sitting school board member Danny Good to lower qualifications so Good could apply for job. Good voted for himself. Now this board decides to make athletic directors position full time in the worst of economic times when teacher who busted their asses to get bachelors degrees and masters degrees have not had a raise in 4 yrs. Good who has no degree came in making $10-12,000 more than tenured teachers. Its not whether he will do a good job its how it was handled-POORLY. I post my name why dont you Waltzer1945 instead of hiding behind a screen name. Are you ashamed or embarrassed that you defend unethics in Govt and selfserving bureacrats or could it be you are one of the screw the taxpayers,screw the teachers officeholders. Not just misled or stupid-gutless.
Larry Hughes

Brentwood, TN

#11 Jan 30, 2010
Liked the front page in JC Press this week where Ron Dykes who supported the idea of full time athletic director in a down economy when teachers have not had a raise staes funding is bad we are going to have to look at cutting programs and maybe positions. Mr. Dykes are you going to cut one of those glorified mowing/scheduling postions you call directors or IS EDUCATION AND EDUCATORS GOING TO TAKE A BACK SEAT AGAIN?
truth be told

Knoxville, TN

#12 Jan 30, 2010
"Now this board decides to make athletic directors position full time in the worst of economic times when teacher who busted their asses to get bachelors degrees and masters degrees have not had a raise in 4 yrs."

You do know that the Athletic Committee voted and passed this, not the school board. The School Board did not vote to add these positions. You sound like someone who wants to know the truth, and I thought you should know. I have been to board meetings and the whole board generally does NOT agree anyway. Call and ask if you want to know exactly who votes for what because it is open to the public. All positions and salaries are a matter of public record also.
Democracy Rules

Nashville, TN

#14 Feb 1, 2010
[We are voters silly, we have a constitutional right to cast our stones. What a woefully ignornant statement.]In reference to Dan Eldridge as County Mayor....Let the person that has no sin cast the first stone.
Regarding Greg Matherly as commissioner.....Greg is a good person and represents his district in the highest manner. Why don't some of you run for these offices and see what time and energy it takes. You have no idea what these commissioners put up with........walk a mile in their shoes then you won't be so quick to cast stones.[
yes

Brentwood, TN

#15 Feb 1, 2010
Democracy Rules wrote:
[We are voters silly, we have a constitutional right to cast our stones. What a woefully ignornant statement.]In reference to Dan Eldridge as County Mayor....Let the person that has no sin cast the first stone.
Regarding Greg Matherly as commissioner.....Greg is a good person and represents his district in the highest manner. Why don't some of you run for these offices and see what time and energy it takes. You have no idea what these commissioners put up with........walk a mile in their shoes then you won't be so quick to cast stones.[
Hatch Act
Reeves for Mayor

Paducah, KY

#16 Feb 18, 2010
First off, this is James Reeves candidate for Washington County Mayor.
Greg Matherly is a good Commissioner and did vote against the Budget in 2008. There is a real gray area in the Hatch act if he uses any equipment funded by a Federal Grant it can be considered a violation. The Federal Government will decide if notified we do not need there noses in our business.
Dan Eldridge was one of a few people who spoke in August 2007 in FAVOR of the Wheel Tax at the County commission meeting, the night they finally approved it, I was there as I usually am, and have the newspaper article to prove it.
I will answer or return my phone calls, always.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#17 Feb 18, 2010
Democracy Rules wrote:
Hope you do not live in a glass house.
the truth

Brentwood, TN

#18 Feb 18, 2010
Reeves for Mayor wrote:
First off, this is James Reeves candidate for Washington County Mayor.
Greg Matherly is a good Commissioner and did vote against the Budget in 2008. There is a real gray area in the Hatch act if he uses any equipment funded by a Federal Grant it can be considered a violation. The Federal Government will decide if notified we do not need there noses in our business.
Dan Eldridge was one of a few people who spoke in August 2007 in FAVOR of the Wheel Tax at the County commission meeting, the night they finally approved it, I was there as I usually am, and have the newspaper article to prove it.
I will answer or return my phone calls, always.
So Mr. Reeves what is your stance on County employees running for County Commission? Many TN Counties are now changing their charter to not allow it on the premise of not being ethical and conflict of interest.
Reeves for Mayor

Paducah, KY

#19 Feb 18, 2010
I do NOT like it at all. One Commissioner who was hired by the County after they became a commissioner can not vote at all on certain matters. These may be good people but I did watch them vote a raise for themselves 2 years in a row.
More citizens need to step up and run for commission and according to the election report I picked up Wednesday there are more than a few new citizens running for County Commission this year.
Change will be hard because you have to get the commission to vote in the change. I am running on reducing the County Commission down to 18, and restructuring how the commissioners receive County health care benefits.
the truth

Brentwood, TN

#20 Feb 19, 2010
Mr. Reeves has my vote.
An Actual County Resident

Johnson City, TN

#21 Feb 23, 2010
If you could vote, I guess that would matter.
Luckily even if you can, your vote will be drowned by those who care about Washington County and are looking for a real leader who isn't a career politician or lawyer.

Mr. Gallatin, TN, could you just stick to one name instead of hopping around different names to appear that more than just you actually cares what you are saying.

Thanks,
An Actual Washington County Resident

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Adult Bar Johnson City 5 min yikes 17
Kelley Wolfe Coward Of The County (Mar '14) 2 hr Enough Said 26
Moving back to JC 10 hr Love East TN 7
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 21 hr Tanya 1,559
Fathers who don't pay child support Sun LearnedMyLesson 27
Best Plastic Surgeon Sat BR 1
Property tax increase Sat Watcher 3

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance