Mahoneys, Johnson city,
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
consumer

Lynchburg, VA

#1 Nov 11, 2007
While shopping for boots, I discovered that Mahoneys in Johnson City is passing off 2nds as 1st at their shoe store, buyers beware, don't pay top quality prices for something that is second quailty.
quick

Knoxville, TN

#3 Nov 19, 2007
Simply not true!! The individual suspected of this post bought a pair of boots, WORE them for two weeks, scuffed them up, then brought them back saying they didn't fit. No, I don't work there. GREAT place for quality stuff.
no way

Knoxville, TN

#4 Nov 20, 2007
Mahones has great products and service. If there was any issue about their products they would have taken care of it. I have been a customer for over 20 years. LOVE the place!
gasngo

United States

#5 Nov 22, 2007
Is Dicks giving Dan a run 4-the-money? Check out ads in 2-days JC Press.
Good

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Dec 11, 2007
Hopefully they (Dick's) runs Mahoney's out of town. Their service is pathetic and they cater to "frequent shoppers" in their hunting/firearms department. Not to mention that their firearms are overpriced by about 20% above what others sell them for.

I'm all for supporting the home town businesses, but Mahoney's has turned arrogant over the years and think that they can just get by with running over their customers.
gasngo

Johnson City, TN

#7 Dec 12, 2007
It seems that Dan really likes his merchandise, 98% of items are ’’way overpriced’’ and yes the staff does have an attitude of supremacy. Well excuse me…while I drive over to Dicks at the Mall & deal with real people
john

AOL

#8 May 19, 2008
After leaving mahoneys because there customer service was terrible i drove to dicks and found much of the same while there another fellow told me to make the short drive to bristol if I was interested in a firearm and see the guys at Volunteer gun so I did so. I found the prices there very reasonable and the customer service was excellent if you need a Firearm it is the place to shop
Russell

United States

#9 Jun 28, 2008
Dick's is like a virus spreading across the land. Support your local stores or we'll continue our spiral into franchise hell. You can't get the personal advice on equipment at Dick's that you can get at Mahoneys. The folks at Mahoney's really know their stuff. The kids at Dick's will be working at McDonald's next week.
yo mama

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jul 1, 2008
This sounds like a big free advertisement.
friend

Knoxville, TN

#11 Jul 8, 2008
Mahoney's is great! I've lived in Johnson City all my life and love shopping there. Also, I personally know Dan and know that he's a really nice guy. Please support local stores! I completely agree with Russell.
yeah

Greenville, SC

#12 Jul 10, 2008
i have shopped at mahoneys for years. yes there stuff is way over proced. however they carry the best of the best.
dannytan

Springdale, AR

#13 Jul 10, 2008
Hello....How are u sir...? I gives the information for u...
No.50 N Harmon Ave
APT ..1 Fayetteville AR- 72701
He lived in this address.... He have a ID and S.S.N
but there are not working...he lived illegal.
ID is Decline.Thank you sir..have a nice day
Bing Hampton

Kingsport, TN

#14 Jul 17, 2008
I'll second the call to avoid Mahoneys for everything but their hiking/camping and fly fishing departments. The personnel in those departments seem to enjoy their job and will go out of their way to help you if you need some advice or help locating something.

As for the rest of the store, I would stay far away. The employees are arrogant and really seem to want to be anywhere other than at that store. They try to avoid helping people at all costs. The firearms department is the worst, the guys there only help people that they already know and if you ask to seek something, they steer you away from it and try to up-sell to their favorite brand. I don't mind a little input, but if I ask to see a Glock or a H&K, I don't want to hear about how awesome your 1911 and how you wouldn't buy a Glock while you do everything in your power to keep from opening that case. Plus, they are steeply overpriced - by a large margin.
uncertain

Knoxville, TN

#15 Oct 5, 2008
I am unfortunately having to get a divorce,my husband has been abusive for 20 years too long to me and I need to get away from this. He is self-employed. Anybody know of a good attorney to go with that can fight for me as I know he will be manipulative, underhanded, sneaky, and unable to come to an agreement easily.
braclet man

Johnson City, TN

#16 Dec 13, 2008
where is the best place to get paracord.
Veteran

Bristol, VA

#17 Dec 14, 2008
went in there one time and never go back .
mikef

Elizabethton, TN

#18 Dec 14, 2008
i really like the store. what i do not like is there return policy. Here it is Christmas and i bought a few items. The return policy is 30 days only with a receipt. They do not offer a gift receipt and this makes it tough when giving gifts. The particular purchase that i made will have to be returned by Jan 4th to be within the return guidelines. This is not right and forces me to shop elsewhere.
Mablowmes

Kingsport, TN

#19 Dec 17, 2008
If there's any store in this area that needs to go out of business its Mahoneys. He's an overpriced crook who has forgotten that the customer comes first. The prices are inflated (just look at their fly fishing or firearms) and they customer service is abysmal. If he spent more time trying to hire people that were competent instead of stocking it with loudmouth good ol' boys like he is now, he might have a decent store.

I'll drive somewhere else to do my business, even take a trip down to Bass Pro if needed. Anything to keep my money away from Mahoney.
Mike

Nashville, TN

#20 Jan 9, 2009
I also got a better deal at Dick's but had to go to kingsoprt, JC was sold out (gun safe) worth the drive.
safebuyer

Jonesborough, TN

#21 Jul 23, 2009
I was looking for a gunsafe and their knowledge was excelent. The employees were very knowledgeable and friendly and helped me find one that was perfect for what I needed. Dick's couldn't even get one of their floor models to work much less know anything about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley @ Boones creek roadrunner 24 min bossman 14
WCDE CO can have posts removed will repost/CO P... 1 hr Clean house at CO 1
When is Dykes leaving 1 hr Get the CO staff out 4
cassie williams 3 hr Info 5
Drs willing to treat pain management aggressive... (Jul '12) 4 hr Annoymous 41
Debate: Gay Marriage - Johnson City, TN (Jul '10) 10 hr MisterMoonlite 356
Todd Whittaker 15 hr curious 1
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 21 hr Tina 929
More from around the web

Personal Finance