Dennis Rodman in North Korea
Appalachian American

Campobello, SC

#23 Jan 8, 2014
Then why is this ok for him to go there? I don't watch fox news I cannot afford cable. I am a Republican and I work very hard every day for what I do have. The problem that I have with President Obama is that he is not stepping in and stopping Rodman from befriend an obvious enemy of America. Obama doesn't care as long as his hands aren't getting dirty. Rodman is defending a man who has violated human rights and yet I am sure he would have worse things to say about Americans who were slave owners. This is where the problem starts with me. And without a doubt if the players are imprisoned there as others have been then maybe Kerry might step in .He is a celebrity and we all know how much Obama loves his celebrities.
righto

Abingdon, VA

#24 Jan 8, 2014
Appalachian American wrote:
Then why is this ok for him to go there? I don't watch fox news I cannot afford cable. I am a Republican and I work very hard every day for what I do have. The problem that I have with President Obama is that he is not stepping in and stopping Rodman from befriend an obvious enemy of America. Obama doesn't care as long as his hands aren't getting dirty. Rodman is defending a man who has violated human rights and yet I am sure he would have worse things to say about Americans who were slave owners. This is where the problem starts with me. And without a doubt if the players are imprisoned there as others have been then maybe Kerry might step in .He is a celebrity and we all know how much Obama loves his celebrities.
We enjoy many freedoms in this country, one of them being the President just can't tell someone who they can and cannot be friends with, no matter how despicable a person it is. With that said, Obama can't just tell Rodman he cannot be friends with Kim Un and as long as he doesn't run afoul of any laws, he is within his legal rights to go there. There are actually North Korean tourism companies that provide services for thousands of people each year (including westerners) who want to go visit North Korea and they have the right to waste their money on that if they choose to. I think Obama is smart to not even comment on this as that would give it more attention than it deserves.
Joe

Banner Elk, NC

#25 Jan 8, 2014
Appalachian American wrote:
Then why is this ok for him to go there? I don't watch fox news I cannot afford cable. I am a Republican and I work very hard every day for what I do have. The problem that I have with President Obama is that he is not stepping in and stopping Rodman from befriend an obvious enemy of America. Obama doesn't care as long as his hands aren't getting dirty. Rodman is defending a man who has violated human rights and yet I am sure he would have worse things to say about Americans who were slave owners. This is where the problem starts with me. And without a doubt if the players are imprisoned there as others have been then maybe Kerry might step in .He is a celebrity and we all know how much Obama loves his celebrities.
So you would want to restrict a law abiding, although strange, American from his freedom? Rodman can come and go as he likes. Who cares? You seem to support N. Korea's idea of restricting the travel of its citizens.
Uncle Horace

Kingsport, TN

#26 Jan 9, 2014
Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
You are out of touch if you think rodman is anyone's hero. He has become more of a novelty. And I don't claim that he was a great player. That is proven. One of the best defenders the nba has ever seen. The greatest rebounder. And five nba championship rings. He was a great player. Now, that being said, he is also one of the most controversial players. Not one of my favorite players, but still not as disliked as Bill Laimbeer. Now there was a dirty player. As for the trash talking, people forget that Larry Bird and Jordan were much worse than Rodman.
Maybe it has all come down to one thing. Since Rodman has no admiration here in good old USA (well, other than you, Miller), he has to take his show on the road. I can't think of a more captive audience. Talking trash and being trash are two different things. I'll bet after he is gone from NK, they will present him as being the typical American to the masses there to further anti-American propaganda. Just imagine him being a representative of American culture!
Mame

Kingsport, TN

#27 Jan 9, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would want to restrict a law abiding, although strange, American from his freedom? Rodman can come and go as he likes. Who cares? You seem to support N. Korea's idea of restricting the travel of its citizens.
Law abiding? That creep has been known to kick cameramen in the gonads, use drugs, whore around and insult everyone he meets. He gets by with it due to having money. Anyone else would be under the jail. He can go as he likes, but I wish he wouldn't come back. Damn stupid undereducated has been, singing Happy Birthday to a mad dog murderer. He is trying to slap America in the face. If that is your hero, then you are one sicko, just like him. Do you want North Korea to think he represents America? They do, just for propaganda's sake. Why not just send Howdy Doodie over there?
Miller

Banner Elk, NC

#28 Jan 9, 2014
Uncle Horace wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe it has all come down to one thing. Since Rodman has no admiration here in good old USA (well, other than you, Miller), he has to take his show on the road. I can't think of a more captive audience. Talking trash and being trash are two different things. I'll bet after he is gone from NK, they will present him as being the typical American to the masses there to further anti-American propaganda. Just imagine him being a representative of American culture!
Recognizing someone's accomplishments in the sports arena is a long way from admiring him. He is in the basketball hall of fame and was a great player. That has nothing to do with the fact that he is one strange individual. However, it seems that you would want to disallow him the same freedoms that other Americans have because you disagree with what he is doing. I think he is crazy as a loon, but, as an American, I feel that he is entitled to that freedom.
Joe

Banner Elk, NC

#29 Jan 9, 2014
Mame wrote:
<quoted text>Law abiding? That creep has been known to kick cameramen in the gonads, use drugs, whore around and insult everyone he meets. He gets by with it due to having money. Anyone else would be under the jail. He can go as he likes, but I wish he wouldn't come back. Damn stupid undereducated has been, singing Happy Birthday to a mad dog murderer. He is trying to slap America in the face. If that is your hero, then you are one sicko, just like him. Do you want North Korea to think he represents America? They do, just for propaganda's sake. Why not just send Howdy Doodie over there?
I could care less what N. Korea thinks. And when was he arrested for any of the things you mentioned? Rodman is as crazy as the NK leader. What amazes me is that you all seemed to be shocked at anything Rodman does. And Rodman is no ones hero. I do not support his actions, only his freedom to do so. If you would restrict his freedom, then you have more in common with the N. Korean leader than Rodman does.
Colonel Bean

Kingsport, TN

#31 Jan 10, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less what N. Korea thinks. And when was he arrested for any of the things you mentioned? Rodman is as crazy as the NK leader. What amazes me is that you all seemed to be shocked at anything Rodman does. And Rodman is no ones hero. I do not support his actions, only his freedom to do so. If you would restrict his freedom, then you have more in common with the N. Korean leader than Rodman does.
Joe, just how many of us could just load up and go to NK? The real American public can't or wouldn't. His faltering history and last stab at being back in the spotlight has it going on for him. And who the hell in his right mind would? A country that wants us all dead is not a good place to visit. He is a mockery of American standards. You might say his freedom to be an asshole is given, but come on! I think we could all learn from Jane Fonda's traitorous self serving promotional treason. And for the record, Joe, he wasn't arrested, he lawyered up and paid a lot of money to get out of it. Don't get me wrong, Joe, I'm just saying his right to be an asshole has little to do with the common citizens. His money talked and he walked. I can't stand him, and his stunt is in no way related to American rights to meddle in foreign affairs.
Appalachian American

Brevard, NC

#32 Jan 10, 2014
Thanks Colonel Bean you said it correctly.
Jane

Brooklyn, NY

#34 Jan 10, 2014
Rodman is a joke wrote:
Rodman has turned into a freak just like Michael Jackson did. Jackson liked little kids and Rodman likes little Koreans.
Dennis Rodman visiting North Korea has alot to do with a secret coming out! You know John Lennon from the Beatles? Well, tourism is gonna flow like fine red wine when John Lennon shocking secret comes out. This secret of John Lennon will start a global tourism like never before! It has to do with a secret heir getting money from the John Lennon estate after years and years. It is very scandalous. It will come on the news soon and blow minds all over the world. It is that Great! Rodman must have gotten paid some millions from Kim Jong Un to be an encourager of tourism for Kim's country North Korea. Kim heard of this secret on John and now wants to be part of this global tourism to come.

This is also why you are seeing hundreds and hundreds of rock groups reuniting. You are seeing old rockers saying they forgive each other and now are forming back into their groups. They are doing this for John Lennon. Now the 50 years since the beatles arrived. It is now an overkill. Too many events now. This story will be history making when it finally comes out. That is why Rodman is getting angry on CNN. He wants to help kim because Kim game him some millions. Kim is also prepping for tourism with ski resorts, amusement parks and in the meantime killing people for little reason like his ex girlfriend and Uncle. Yes, money will make people do anything. Rodman knows kim is a nasty guy but as long as you give him money he will do what you want.
Jane

Brooklyn, NY

#35 Jan 10, 2014
John Lennon is the reason why all this is going on!
right

Abingdon, VA

#36 Jan 10, 2014
NSDAP wrote:
<quoted text> Let's send all of our Nigguhs to N. Korea, We don't need them anymore, we have machines now to pick our cotton.
We really didn't need any input from the inbred racist white trash section!
Joe

Banner Elk, NC

#37 Jan 10, 2014
Colonel Bean wrote:
<quoted text>Joe, just how many of us could just load up and go to NK? The real American public can't or wouldn't. His faltering history and last stab at being back in the spotlight has it going on for him. And who the hell in his right mind would? A country that wants us all dead is not a good place to visit. He is a mockery of American standards. You might say his freedom to be an asshole is given, but come on! I think we could all learn from Jane Fonda's traitorous self serving promotional treason. And for the record, Joe, he wasn't arrested, he lawyered up and paid a lot of money to get out of it. Don't get me wrong, Joe, I'm just saying his right to be an asshole has little to do with the common citizens. His money talked and he walked. I can't stand him, and his stunt is in no way related to American rights to meddle in foreign affairs.
Doesn't really matter what you think. His actions are all on him. If he wants to be an idiot, that's up to him. If you want to limit rights to travel, then you are tearing a page out of N. Korea's book. You seem to think that the only freedoms that anyone should have are what you deem as correct. Really, who gives a crap where Rodman goes? You only seem interested in restricting his freedom. Btw, remember the 85 yr old US veteran who was detained recently in N. Korea? What about his right to travel. The man fought over there, went back, and was detained. Still, he was perfectly within his right to travel. But there was a consequence. There will be one for Rodman's actions also. Bit if he is willing to put himself in that situation, so be it.
Colonel Bean

Kingsport, TN

#38 Jan 10, 2014
Jane wrote:
<quoted text>Dennis Rodman visiting North Korea has alot to do with a secret coming out! You know John Lennon from the Beatles? Well, tourism is gonna flow like fine red wine when John Lennon shocking secret comes out. This secret of John Lennon will start a global tourism like never before! It has to do with a secret heir getting money from the John Lennon estate after years and years. It is very scandalous. It will come on the news soon and blow minds all over the world. It is that Great! Rodman must have gotten paid some millions from Kim Jong Un to be an encourager of tourism for Kim's country North Korea. Kim heard of this secret on John and now wants to be part of this global tourism to come.
This is also why you are seeing hundreds and hundreds of rock groups reuniting. You are seeing old rockers saying they forgive each other and now are forming back into their groups. They are doing this for John Lennon. Now the 50 years since the beatles arrived. It is now an overkill. Too many events now. This story will be history making when it finally comes out. That is why Rodman is getting angry on CNN. He wants to help kim because Kim game him some millions. Kim is also prepping for tourism with ski resorts, amusement parks and in the meantime killing people for little reason like his ex girlfriend and Uncle. Yes, money will make people do anything. Rodman knows kim is a nasty guy but as long as you give him money he will do what you want.
Oh boy, this is going to be a good laugh. Why don't you just drop all the cloak and dagger and tell us what you are going on about? Speaking of old rockers.........it sounds like you just may be off your rocker.
Colonel Bean

Kingsport, TN

#39 Jan 11, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't really matter what you think. His actions are all on him. If he wants to be an idiot, that's up to him. If you want to limit rights to travel, then you are tearing a page out of N. Korea's book. You seem to think that the only freedoms that anyone should have are what you deem as correct. Really, who gives a crap where Rodman goes? You only seem interested in restricting his freedom. Btw, remember the 85 yr old US veteran who was detained recently in N. Korea? What about his right to travel. The man fought over there, went back, and was detained. Still, he was perfectly within his right to travel. But there was a consequence. There will be one for Rodman's actions also. Bit if he is willing to put himself in that situation, so be it.
If you want to relinquish your honor and citizenship to America, go gallivanting all over the place to any hatred filled country. Nobody needs a traitor posing as an ambassador. As for the dumb ass vet, wasn't he stirring up trouble? And now he wants the USA to bail his ass out? It was war back then and the feelings are just as strong now as then. You seem to ignore the fact that North Korea is hellbent on killing Americans. I don't know what the vet was looking for there, but he has obviously found the shit end of the stick, as deserved. Should have known better than to visit that bad haircut murderous dictator. Joe, I have an idea.....why don't you load up your good heart and take a trip to Afghanistan or Iraq? Let us know how that goes. We probably won't hear from you, since you ain't a celebrity.Don't say I didn't tell you so.
Jane

Brooklyn, NY

#41 Jan 11, 2014
Colonel Bean wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boy, this is going to be a good laugh. Why don't you just drop all the cloak and dagger and tell us what you are going on about? Speaking of old rockers.........it sounds like you just may be off your rocker.
No I am not off my rocker. You can see Dennis Rodman is doing something quite strange? Right? You are calling him this and that and don't understand why. I am telling you why.

John Lennon has a skeleton in his closet that is about to jump out and dance all over the world.

John Lennon has a secret love child daughter. Years ago he put her in his will. Yoko Ono hid the inheritance money because she did not want the world to know and didn't want scandal at her doorstep. She did an illegal thing. John Lennon had a love child daughter with an American Married woman. This woman refused John Lennon is rights because she was married and didn't want to destroy her marriage. So she made believe that her husband was the father. This sent John Lennon into a panic and depression. This story has been covered up for years. It is about to hit the press. She is inheriting millions of dollars. Word has gotten around and now even Kim Jong Un heard about it and wants to capitalize on it be making his country tourist friendly. Cuba is doing it and also now iran. Countries who were so against us now want to be our best friend. The lovechild was born in America. When the story hits the papers these countries and our own will show John Lennon in their country. Kim has beatle footage from 1964 when the Beatles went to North Korea. This Kim will say what a shame that John Lennon never got to see his little girl but he left her in his will.

World tourism begins for John Lennon like never before. The daughter will be on all the talk shows and travel to some of these countries. It is her destiny. God is behind her. You must believe what I am saying. I am in the music business so I know this story. That is why you are seeing so many Rock Group Reunions and so much on Beatles like never before.
Jane

Brooklyn, NY

#42 Jan 11, 2014
Colonel Bean wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boy, this is going to be a good laugh. Why don't you just drop all the cloak and dagger and tell us what you are going on about? Speaking of old rockers.........it sounds like you just may be off your rocker.
There is power in tourism. Countries make alot of money on tourism. You can imagine when this story hits how countries all around the world will idolize John Lennon and encourage people to come to their countries for tributes. That would mean big business for any country that particiaptes in this. What country would not want to be a part of the most famous man in history? It is a goldmine opportunity. Kim Jong Un has a nasty side but he is no dummy!

With a global recession this kind of situation would mean big business to fans of John Lennon all over the world. It is a tearjerker of a story. What makes it even more amazing is that is was hidden for almost 50 years. Just look at New York now and see the tremendous amount of tributes coming at the end of January 2014 into Febrauary 2014. I think the secret will be out about then or a little bit after. The papers will explode with this story. Ireland and England are suddenly best pals. I see alot of countries who were angry at each other or with us want to be so friendly now. Cuba is even allowing tourism from america. The US is agreeing to it. Fidel Castro used to hate the Beatles now there is a statue of John Lennon sitting on a park bench in Havana made of Bronze. Fidel said he made a mistake about the Beatles and now loves them. I would too if I knew soon your country will become richer with this kind of sympathy for John Lennon tourism! Fans will cry and cough up money for John Lennon products made in every country.
Joe

Banner Elk, NC

#43 Jan 11, 2014
Colonel Bean wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to relinquish your honor and citizenship to America, go gallivanting all over the place to any hatred filled country. Nobody needs a traitor posing as an ambassador. As for the dumb ass vet, wasn't he stirring up trouble? And now he wants the USA to bail his ass out? It was war back then and the feelings are just as strong now as then. You seem to ignore the fact that North Korea is hellbent on killing Americans. I don't know what the vet was looking for there, but he has obviously found the shit end of the stick, as deserved. Should have known better than to visit that bad haircut murderous dictator. Joe, I have an idea.....why don't you load up your good heart and take a trip to Afghanistan or Iraq? Let us know how that goes. We probably won't hear from you, since you ain't a celebrity.Don't say I didn't tell you so.
He is not claiming to be an ambassador. And I don't really have that good of a heart. Because communist, freedom hating individuals such as yourself who want to control where we can go and what we can think really piss me off. If you don't appreciate the freedoms we have here in America, maybe you should think of immigrating to another locale.
right

Abingdon, VA

#44 Jan 11, 2014
NSDAP wrote:
Why would any White human even care about this ugly ape assed N!@@er?.
Racist piece of dog shit!
Appalachian American

United States

#46 Jan 11, 2014
NSDAP WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? Stay on topic or get off topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Washington County Schools (May '16) 3 hr Tax 38
LANDLORDS BEWARE LIST - Do not rent to list 5 hr Victim 1
DRUG DEALERS in Johnson City (Jun '12) 5 hr Understanding 35
Dr. Dalpiaz the vet 6 hr Understanding 8
So Long illegals! 9 hr Understanding 71
Are Rainbow Flag Thefts a Lie? 13 hr CoxCastle 3
Your Body By God - NutriMost Diet Scam (Aug '14) Fri Tina 4

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages