What happened to Marco's Pizza?

What happened to Marco's Pizza?

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Glad they are gone

Kingsport, TN

#1 Oct 29, 2011
I never ate at Marco's Pizza because I did not like or respect the owners. Jim Boggs was the one that was "supposed" to be running the place. I worked with Jim Boggs at Papa Johns and I had a very low opinion of him then and now. I am glad they are out of business and hopefully a new owner will reopen the place. I am curious if anyone knows why Marcos went out of business? BTW. Does anyone know if Paul Fields and Michael Sloan involved with Marcos?
What Happened

Johnson City, TN

#2 Oct 29, 2011
That sucks, that was my favorite pizza place in town.....
cathy

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Nov 5, 2011
My husband and I loved Marco's pizza - it was the best. Where do we go now?
Jeff F

Kingsport, TN

#4 Nov 5, 2011
cathy wrote:
My husband and I loved Marco's pizza - it was the best. Where do we go now?
There is a sign on the door that states they are re-opening but it does not give a date. I asked the people next door but they had no idea. Does anyone know anything?
driver

Nashville, TN

#5 Nov 6, 2011
I worked there and here is how it happened from my perspective. I went to work Saturday, as scheduled, and was off Sunday. Monday I needed to call in, but when I called no one answered. Tuesday I went in and no one was there. No one said a word about it closing. That Jim boggs guy was not the most recent owner. It was Ray something or other. Now there is an ad on Craigslist for a new store Mr, so they'll probably open back up soon.
Jeff F

Kingsport, TN

#6 Nov 6, 2011
driver wrote:
I worked there and here is how it happened from my perspective. I went to work Saturday, as scheduled, and was off Sunday. Monday I needed to call in, but when I called no one answered. Tuesday I went in and no one was there. No one said a word about it closing. That Jim boggs guy was not the most recent owner. It was Ray something or other. Now there is an ad on Craigslist for a new store Mr, so they'll probably open back up soon.
Thank you for the information I hope you got paid.
Pizza Guy

Kingsport, TN

#7 Nov 6, 2011
driver wrote:
I worked there and here is how it happened from my perspective. I went to work Saturday, as scheduled, and was off Sunday. Monday I needed to call in, but when I called no one answered. Tuesday I went in and no one was there. No one said a word about it closing. That Jim boggs guy was not the most recent owner. It was Ray something or other. Now there is an ad on Craigslist for a new store Mr, so they'll probably open back up soon.
Are they trying to sell the store equipment or the whole business? I looked on craiglist but I could not find it. I am also not use to using craiglist, but I am interested in the equipment and location. If you have any info pleaase let me know and I will give you my contact info. Thanks
driver

Nashville, TN

#8 Nov 19, 2011
I sent in a resume for the mgmt position but still haven't heard from corporate. I sent an email earlier this week asking when the store might be open and still no response...
I want my job back :( I lost my apartment because I couldn't find another job.
Jeff F

Summerville, GA

#9 Nov 29, 2011
driver wrote:
I sent in a resume for the mgmt position but still haven't heard from corporate. I sent an email earlier this week asking when the store might be open and still no response...
I want my job back :( I lost my apartment because I couldn't find another job.
I am sorry to hear about your apartment. A friend of mine is interested in the place but Marcos's Pizza Inc was not able to give him any information. I told him I would ask around but no seems to know anything. Any info would be appreciated.
Driver

Nashville, TN

#10 Dec 6, 2011
They won't email me back either. I just don't get it. It was a very profitable store...
Jeff F

Chatsworth, GA

#11 Dec 8, 2011
I called the owner of the building and left a message a few days ago. So far, I have not heard back from them or Marco's Pizza Inc. If I hear anything I will post it on here. Happy Holidays!
Brian

Nashville, TN

#12 Dec 10, 2011
The owner was too nice and gave a lot of free shit away and steep discounts. Went under because he basically gave away everything. I've probably bought 20 pizzas from there and paid less than a hundred bucks for everything, just have to ask for a discount/free shit and get it.
Jeff F

Kingsport, TN

#13 Dec 12, 2011
Brian wrote:
The owner was too nice and gave a lot of free shit away and steep discounts. Went under because he basically gave away everything. I've probably bought 20 pizzas from there and paid less than a hundred bucks for everything, just have to ask for a discount/free shit and get it.
Who was the owner and do you know how to get in touch with him? If so please let me know I am interested in reopening the place.
mountain girl

Bristol, TN

#14 Dec 12, 2011
needy family looking for infants baby cloths and infant car carrier if any one has one please leave your email and ill get back with ya thanks
mountain girl

Bristol, TN

#15 Dec 12, 2011
sorry someone posted this on wrong site so sorry
Outandabout

Johnson City, TN

#16 Dec 13, 2011
The best pizza in this area. I had their pizzas and sandwhiches delivered to the V.A. Domiciliary at least twice a week. As a native N.Y.'er, I speak wisely. I wish I knew what happened to them. Maybe they were just "too good" and threw people used to eating Little Ceasars garbage off!
Driver

Nashville, TN

#17 Dec 13, 2011
That's ok, mountain girl. Actually, if you had posted this a few weeks ago, I would have had a few things, but I already donated them :(
And to Outandabout...There pizza was freakin' awesome, wasn't it? Those flavored crusts...sigh...I miss it. If my credit didn't SUCK I'd try to buy it myself. To whoever ends up with the place can I please have my job back? I am really good at it :)
Outandabout

Johnson City, TN

#18 Dec 14, 2011
Driver wrote:
That's ok, mountain girl. Actually, if you had posted this a few weeks ago, I would have had a few things, but I already donated them :(
And to Outandabout...There pizza was freakin' awesome, wasn't it? Those flavored crusts...sigh...I miss it. If my credit didn't SUCK I'd try to buy it myself. To whoever ends up with the place can I please have my job back? I am really good at it :)
repopening rumors, hang in there. I just hope they don't change their style or prep.
Its open

Kingsport, TN

#19 Dec 27, 2011
there was an open sign on today when i drove by
Driver

Nashville, TN

#20 Dec 27, 2011
THEY'RE OPEN AGAIN!!! Woo Hoo!!! Now. I just have to get my job back. I'm stoked! There's no reason in the world they shouldn't hire me back. I was a good driver.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberalism is a mental disorder 5 hr Mothman 27
Peewee football (Aug '12) 9 hr Confused parent 20
Crown Labs Raided (Old Pharmaseal Building) 16 hr Everetts 3
Joe Lawrence 17 hr pfft 2
Science: Descendants of Biblical Canaanites Fou... Thu Elmer Gantry 1
News 100,000 veterans face long waits to see VA doctors (Jun '14) Thu Mister Jeremy 3
murder Thu Chris 5

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages