Deakins - Washington County Tn Highway Department

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Dec 26, 2013

Since: Dec 13

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Dec 6, 2013
Should Boss Hog Deakins be elected or appointed by the County Commission?

I say elected by the citizens !
Ray

Johnson City, TN

#2 Dec 20, 2013
munno wrote:
You sir are misinformed. All county office holders are elected. Mr Deakins is elected and does a wonderful job keeping Sulphur Springs roads in good working order and free of ice and snow in the winter.
Look up

Johnson City, TN

#3 Dec 20, 2013
Ray wrote:
<quoted text> You sir are misinformed. All county office holders are elected. Mr Deakins is elected and does a wonderful job keeping Sulphur Springs roads in good working order and free of ice and snow in the winter.
You sir are the misinformed one. Eakins position is appointed by county commission.
Ray

Johnson City, TN

#4 Dec 21, 2013
Look up wrote:
<quoted text>You sir are the misinformed one. Eakins position is appointed by county commission.
You must be one of those people who live outside of Sulphur Springs who complain about snow or ice covered road when there is nothing to complain abouy.. Mr. Deakins has always kept our roads in good working order. He has always taken care of the citizens.
Look up

Johnson City, TN

#5 Dec 21, 2013
Ray wrote:
<quoted text> You must be one of those people who live outside of Sulphur Springs who complain about snow or ice covered road when there is nothing to complain abouy.. Mr. Deakins has always kept our roads in good working order. He has always taken care of the citizens.
You must be a real idiot. I never criticized Deakins. I only stated the truth of how he is appointed not elected. I think Deakins does a good job. If you are going to defend someone please know the facts.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Dec 23, 2013
Bridge washed out over Rockhouse road in the summer of 2012.....over a year later, nothing has been done to replace it.
Ray

United States

#7 Dec 25, 2013
munno wrote:
The reason it is not an elected position is plain and simple. An elected road superintendent would be more likely to succumb to the will of the wealthy and powerful which would breed corruption. When appointed the person can be fair to all citizens. The current condition of the roads in the poor and rural areas are the same quality as the more affluent areas. If this were an elected position there would be several places in the county that would have neglected roads. The roads in Washington County are exponentially superior than that of surrounding counties.
Ray

United States

#8 Dec 25, 2013
Look up wrote:
<quoted text>You must be a real idiot. I never criticized Deakins. I only stated the truth of how he is appointed not elected. I think Deakins does a good job. If you are going to defend someone please know the facts.
My apologies I was wrong. I have researched the subject and am no longer ignorant of the facts.
question

Johnson City, TN

#9 Dec 26, 2013
Has the road commissioner ever had a different job? Didn't his daddy have the job before he did? Could he do anything else besides picking up a welfare check if he didn't have this job given to him? Does he have any qualifications? Maybe he should have the job to keep another person out of unemployment and welfare. He may not be able to help if he doesn't know how to do anything. Anyhow, I have no idea. It's just a thought.
Ray

Johnson City, TN

#10 Dec 26, 2013
question wrote:
Has the road commissioner ever had a different job? Didn't his daddy have the job before he did? Could he do anything else besides picking up a welfare check if he didn't have this job given to him? Does he have any qualifications? Maybe he should have the job to keep another person out of unemployment and welfare. He may not be able to help if he doesn't know how to do anything. Anyhow, I have no idea. It's just a thought.
I think the roads in Washington County are exemplary when compared to neighboring counties. He must be doing something right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr Snowball 9,332
LOCAL POLICE ready for WAR with who us citizens... 3 hr Gomer 12
New School Board To Question Why PTO Complaints... 3 hr Blablabla 3
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 3 hr Tina 158
Still no horses allowed the Tweetsie Trail 3 hr Gomer 30
Washington County School Thugs 6 hr Buchanan Supporter 2
Why Is JES Principal Covering For Woodward 6 hr Buchanan Supporter 3
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000