No Shoes For Jonesborough Elemantary

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sickened

Candler, NC

#1 Aug 2, 2014
Thanks to Teddy's gal VW not wanting to "fool with Shoe Carnival shoe give away" this past Christmas many students missed out. Thanks to principal Lisa Lady for NOT taking a stand. Thanks to Karla Kyte and Ron Dykes for NOT doing anything about this and NOT reporting back to parents. And evidently board members were NOT informed.
What

Maryville, TN

#2 Aug 2, 2014
The people at JES knew it and did nothing.
Another year of VW

Johnson City, TN

#3 Aug 2, 2014
I'm glad she is not at my child's school! I hate it for JES!
Drop in

Kingsport, TN

#4 Aug 2, 2014
Sickened wrote:
Thanks to Teddy's gal VW not wanting to "fool with Shoe Carnival shoe give away" this past Christmas many students missed out. Thanks to principal Lisa Lady for NOT taking a stand. Thanks to Karla Kyte and Ron Dykes for NOT doing anything about this and NOT reporting back to parents. And evidently board members were NOT informed.
With all due respect it is not the school's duty to shoe the children. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if the bunch threw their support towards it. But it isn't a requirement. If you are so sore over it, why don't you volunteer your services to shoe the kids? Churches, companies and individuals would gladly give towards it if you hit them up for it. Apply some of your own shoe leather to make it happen.
Tried to help

Greeneville, TN

#6 Aug 3, 2014
Drop in wrote:
<quoted text>With all due respect it is not the school's duty to shoe the children. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if the bunch threw their support towards it. But it isn't a requirement. If you are so sore over it, why don't you volunteer your services to shoe the kids? Churches, companies and individuals would gladly give towards it if you hit them up for it. Apply some of your own shoe leather to make it happen.
Because of privacy concerns for students on free and reduced lunches, parents are not allowed to "shoe the kids." In every other school, the guidance counselor compiles a list of students in need based on family financial information that parents are not and should not have access to. Businesses such as Shoe Carnival are generous enough to donate a pair of tennis shoes for these needy kids , the least this counselor could have done was compile a list for them. In many cases this is the ONLY pair of shoes these children get all year! Many churches are more than happy to assist, but they also have to be provided a list of names.
Drop in

Kingsport, TN

#7 Aug 3, 2014
Tried to help wrote:
<quoted text>Because of privacy concerns for students on free and reduced lunches, parents are not allowed to "shoe the kids." In every other school, the guidance counselor compiles a list of students in need based on family financial information that parents are not and should not have access to. Businesses such as Shoe Carnival are generous enough to donate a pair of tennis shoes for these needy kids , the least this counselor could have done was compile a list for them. In many cases this is the ONLY pair of shoes these children get all year! Many churches are more than happy to assist, but they also have to be provided a list of names.
Well, get busy and look around yourself. It isn't hard to spot a kid in need. I'll bet if you applied yourself you could get assistance from local charities. The Salvation Army, Haven of Mercy, etc. would probably provide you with information, or you could do a little research on your own.
Tried to help

Johnson City, TN

#8 Aug 4, 2014
Drop in wrote:
<quoted text>Well, get busy and look around yourself. It isn't hard to spot a kid in need. I'll bet if you applied yourself you could get assistance from local charities. The Salvation Army, Haven of Mercy, etc. would probably provide you with information, or you could do a little research on your own.
I was specifically wanting to see children in need at our school get what every other school in Washington Co. got last December, and that was a pair of shoes from Shoe Carnival. Schools do not want parents going in looking for needy children based on their appearance. My son likes to wear holes in his jeans and t shirts, so I hope he doesn't get selected since we can afford him shoes. This was the responsibility of the guidance counselor and she either didn't care or was too self absorbed to compile the list. I hope the principal selects a more dependable employee for tasks that require caring about kids!
Rollingstone

United States

#9 Aug 4, 2014
Drop in wrote:
<quoted text>Well, get busy and look around yourself. It isn't hard to spot a kid in need. I'll bet if you applied yourself you could get assistance from local charities. The Salvation Army, Haven of Mercy, etc. would probably provide you with information, or you could do a little research on your own.
WHY are you making excuses for this woman?? RIGHT is RIGHT and WRONG is WRONG - I bet this is Ronnie dykes isn't it?? You just gotta defend her don't ya? AS USUAL KIDS NEVER COME 1st with WCDE- hell they all covered for a man they knew was abusing children and STILL subjected these kids to horrors that would mess an adult up! Why is this piece of crap NEVER held accountable???
Valle

Charlotte, NC

#10 Aug 4, 2014
Rollingstone wrote:
<quoted text> WHY are you making excuses for this woman?? RIGHT is RIGHT and WRONG is WRONG - I bet this is Ronnie dykes isn't it?? You just gotta defend her don't ya? AS USUAL KIDS NEVER COME 1st with WCDE- hell they all covered for a man they knew was abusing children and STILL subjected these kids to horrors that would mess an adult up! Why is this piece of crap NEVER held accountable???
AGAIN thanks to ron dykes - this is just one of the many COVERUPS he has going on- WHEN r parents going to demand an answer for all the vile things this school system does on a daily basis???
Misskat

Charlotte, NC

#11 Aug 4, 2014
What wrote:
The people at JES knew it and did nothing.
of course they did nothing- just like every other corrupt butt kissing dykes worshipping employee. It is just as much lisa lady's fault as dykes and the counselor - these idiots may have degrees but they DO NOT put children first.
Not much of a secret

Seymour, TN

#12 Aug 4, 2014
Valle wrote:
<quoted text> AGAIN thanks to ron dykes - this is just one of the many COVERUPS he has going on- WHEN r parents going to demand an answer for all the vile things this school system does on a daily basis???
This must not be much of a secret anymore. If school board members know about it then what are they doing defending this kind of nonsense from this director of schools? Nobody seems very concerned about kids in WC schools!
What

Candler, NC

#13 Aug 6, 2014
Drop in wrote:
<quoted text>With all due respect it is not the school's duty to shoe the children. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if the bunch threw their support towards it. But it isn't a requirement. If you are so sore over it, why don't you volunteer your services to shoe the kids? Churches, companies and individuals would gladly give towards it if you hit them up for it. Apply some of your own shoe leather to make it happen.
The school does not shoe the children. Area organizations such as Woodman of the World, Kiwanis, etc. provide the shoes.
PTA

United States

#14 Aug 6, 2014
What wrote:
<quoted text>
The school does not shoe the children. Area organizations such as Woodman of the World, Kiwanis, etc. provide the shoes.
No one said anything about the school providing shoes. Shoe Carnival does so but usually SOBER counselor and decent principals help.
News to Shoe Carnival

Johnson City, TN

#15 Aug 6, 2014
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Shoe Carnival at the JC Crossings, has been donating shoes every Christmas for many years to area school systems. They do so in conjunction with the Washington Co. School system, that takes these needy children on their school buses to be fitted at Shoe Carnival and out to eat at a fast food place for lunch. Every school that is except for JES, because their counselor did not provide them with a list. Look if it is that upsetting to some people that kids in need are getting something at Christmas, you need to question your priorities? If this is that counselor I hope you do have a guilty conscience, and maybe this year you will find the time for kids!
What

Candler, NC

#16 Aug 6, 2014
PTA wrote:
<quoted text>No one said anything about the school providing shoes. Shoe Carnival does so but usually SOBER counselor and decent principals help.
Read what dropped in wrote.
Knows the story

Elizabethton, TN

#17 Aug 9, 2014
As a teacher myself I've bought supplies for my students by the truckload. We keep snacks for kids who can't get free or reduced lunch but can't afford it (we call them "tweeners"), we often buy clothes out of our own pockets and say that we had them laying around, shoes, etc. However; when a company is donating a needed product you take advantage of it, say "thank you", and walk away. You don't sit at home too hung over, you don't make excuses, you get your a$$ up and do what's right! Sure, parents could do more, the community could do more, heck, the local, state and federal governments could do more. The bottom line is THEY DON'T! That leaves us...the ones that care...the ones with a heart for children, the ones who teach your kids, the parents who look out for other kids, the citizens who realize that this is the next generation and they want to make a difference. Those who care go the extra mile, and for all of us who do, it IS recognized!
I Appreciate All You Do

Johnson City, TN

#18 Aug 9, 2014
Knows the story wrote:
As a teacher myself I've bought supplies for my students by the truckload. We keep snacks for kids who can't get free or reduced lunch but can't afford it (we call them "tweeners"), we often buy clothes out of our own pockets and say that we had them laying around, shoes, etc. However; when a company is donating a needed product you take advantage of it, say "thank you", and walk away. You don't sit at home too hung over, you don't make excuses, you get your a$$ up and do what's right! Sure, parents could do more, the community could do more, heck, the local, state and federal governments could do more. The bottom line is THEY DON'T! That leaves us...the ones that care...the ones with a heart for children, the ones who teach your kids, the parents who look out for other kids, the citizens who realize that this is the next generation and they want to make a difference. Those who care go the extra mile, and for all of us who do, it IS recognized!
Amen! I know how much money teacher's spend out of their own pocket to make up for kids in need. While shopping the no tax weekend I talked to a teacher from Washington Co School who spent over $100.00 of her own money for school supplies. She said they are not allowed to send a list of supplies home for families to furnish. It was up to her to buy everything! My grand kids go to Johnson City Schools and I enjoy getting their list and helping them with back to school supplies. The kids that can't afford them get help from school system and local churches donating. Why not send a list for basic supplies for families who can help? I am sure most families appreciate all you do , but that is sad. As for this lazy counselor she must know somebody to keep her job?
Sick

Johnson City, TN

#19 Aug 9, 2014
Principal is a disgrace for not making this happen.
Drop in

Kingsport, TN

#20 Aug 9, 2014
Rollingstone wrote:
<quoted text> WHY are you making excuses for this woman?? RIGHT is RIGHT and WRONG is WRONG - I bet this is Ronnie dykes isn't it?? You just gotta defend her don't ya? AS USUAL KIDS NEVER COME 1st with WCDE- hell they all covered for a man they knew was abusing children and STILL subjected these kids to horrors that would mess an adult up! Why is this piece of crap NEVER held accountable???
Why don't you get off your dead ass and provide shoes for the kids instead of using the whole thing as the basis of a venomous attack on some useless broad who works for the school? I seriously doubt that you actually care either way about the shoes, you have just latched onto it as a little trumped up ammunition to give someone hell over. I'm not defending her at all, quite to the contrary..........I think the entire lot of school system heads are rotten to the core. I'm just saying that you are drumming it all up to attack her and don't give a damn about whether the kids get shoes or not.
Let these people vent

Topton, NC

#21 Aug 10, 2014
Drop in wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you get off your dead ass and provide shoes for the kids instead of using the whole thing as the basis of a venomous attack on some useless broad who works for the school? I seriously doubt that you actually care either way about the shoes, you have just latched onto it as a little trumped up ammunition to give someone hell over. I'm not defending her at all, quite to the contrary..........I think the entire lot of school system heads are rotten to the core. I'm just saying that you are drumming it all up to attack her and don't give a damn about whether the kids get shoes or not.
Drop In or Dropped on the Head? What don't you get about these parents and teachers upset about this counselor? Maybe if she was at your child's school you could relate!? Why should they buy shoes for kids in need when a company is willing to donate them? Many parents at this school are struggling to pay their own bills! Allow them to vent because complaining to principal, CO and for sure not the director, has gotten them no where! I applaud these parents for standing up for their kids instead of just taking what this school system dishes out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 4 hr Sensible 345
Review: Peak Geomatics Land Surveyors 5 hr Tendrew 1
Buttercup Bakery closes in downtown Erwin 22 hr StupidStomper 29
Psychiatrist Arrested Lived Next to Towne Acres 22 hr Sarah Gump 7
Sandra McElrory 22 hr Please 1
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare 22 hr Please 49
What has happened to Morgan King on Daytime Tri... Wed Dorne 30
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web