Frustrated

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Jul 20, 2014
Why is it that on North Roan in front of the mall, you have to stop for at least 3 or 4 minutes at every traffic light? Are these not synchronized? It take almost 10 minutes just to drive from one side of the mall to the other on Roan. This is ridiculous
GetFat

Kingsport, TN

#2 Jul 20, 2014
The lights in JC are set up to impede traffic as much as possible.

Hell on July 4th the cops were out at all major intersections practically holding people hostage in traffic.
reason

Kingsport, TN

#3 Jul 21, 2014
The reason the traffic signals are as mistimed as they are is because nobody at the City cares. Yet another complete failure of the public works director.
Frustrated

Duncan, SC

#4 Jul 21, 2014
I am wondering why you have to stop at ALL of them. One turns green, go 100 yards just to stop at another one. Then repeat the process. Get a few cars on this road, and self bred congestion occurs. No planning whatsoever.
No one

Oak Ridge, TN

#5 Jul 21, 2014
I know it sucks to have to stop for every light but if it wasn't like that and you had a straight shot all the way, you would have people running 60 or 70 MPH down roan and people would get seriously hurt in crashes. If you could get the stats, crashes have been reduced. Don't get me wrong, I don't like it either but until everyone drives like a sane human, it'll be like this.
reason

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jul 22, 2014
No one wrote:
I know it sucks to have to stop for every light but if it wasn't like that and you had a straight shot all the way, you would have people running 60 or 70 MPH down roan and people would get seriously hurt in crashes. If you could get the stats, crashes have been reduced. Don't get me wrong, I don't like it either but until everyone drives like a sane human, it'll be like this.
It will be like this until JC gets a public works director and traffic engineer for real.
Frustrated

Elizabethton, TN

#7 Jul 22, 2014
No one wrote:
Well, since your mentioned wrecks, have you noticed all the wrecks in front of the mall where someone has rear-ended another? This happens almost daily. The cause? Too much congestion. The cause of the congestion? The traffic light timing.
Reason

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jul 22, 2014
Frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since your mentioned wrecks, have you noticed all the wrecks in front of the mall where someone has rear-ended another? This happens almost daily. The cause? Too much congestion. The cause of the congestion? The traffic light timing.
You are correct. Also, the public works director probably makes $120k and the traffic guy $80k. Everyone should call and express themselves. It's your tax money paying these losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roommate Needed 12 hr Lynn Patty 20
Tri Cities Muslims (Feb '16) 16 hr Lefty 161
AutoNation in J.C. 22 hr Waylon 3
heather hankel 22 hr Waylon 3
Fomer Johnson City motels (Jan '12) Sat Mr Fass 8
Bringing music to the Tri-Cities Sat Marky Billson 7
News Shoplift suspect had 21 aliases (Jun '10) Sat hank 3

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance