Out of State Prescription

Out of State Prescription

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

Shannon Helton

United States

#1 Sep 17, 2011
My husband has a war-related injury that requires treatment from a doctor in Georgia. Due to the fact that his driver's license is from Tennessee, he is unable to get his prescriptions filled in that state. Is there a pharmacy that will fill his prescription here in Tennessee? At this time he is having to drive all the way to Kentucky to get his medication and it's becoming a costly endeavor. Any help would be appreciated.
Shannon Helton

United States

#2 Sep 17, 2011
If you could help us in any way, please email [email protected]

Thank you.
Rite Aid customer

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Sep 17, 2011
Shannon,
Try Rite Aid.
The one in Elizabethton accepts most out-of-state prescriptions I believe. A friend of mine from up north brought their prescription down here and got them filled there. Give them a call (don't have the number handy right now). Or just call the nearets Rite Aid to you and ask them..
Shannon Helton wrote:
My husband has a war-related injury that requires treatment from a doctor in Georgia. Due to the fact that his driver's license is from Tennessee, he is unable to get his prescriptions filled in that state. Is there a pharmacy that will fill his prescription here in Tennessee? At this time he is having to drive all the way to Kentucky to get his medication and it's becoming a costly endeavor. Any help would be appreciated.
Rite Aid customer

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Sep 17, 2011
correction typo above...... "nearest".
Jakes

Nashville, TN

#5 Sep 21, 2011
U r going to have a hard time filling a prescription from an out of state pain clinic as that is where a lot of problems are coming from. Why can't your husband simply go to the VA? I'm sure they would be happy to help him as u say it is war related. No legitimate doctor would make him go to Ga for pain treatment
depends

Johnson City, TN

#6 Sep 21, 2011
It usually depends if your prescription insurance covers certain o-o-s fills amd at which pharmacies.
doobie

Cabot, AR

#7 Sep 21, 2011
Thinking outside the box here... why doesn't your husband simply get a drivers license for the state in which he lives (Georgia?) since it's a requirement for filling his Rx in that state? Problem solved.

thanks

Johnson City, TN

#8 Sep 21, 2011
goog info to know.
depends wrote:
It usually depends if your prescription insurance covers certain o-o-s fills amd at which pharmacies.
bobby ricky

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Sep 21, 2011
Get him in rehab.
lulz

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Sep 21, 2011
get him to a doctor here that can give him the same rx. if it's a legit issue, you should have no problems.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Sep 23, 2011
Walgreens has filled meds from out of state docs for my mother & when I first moved from KY Gray Pharmacy filled my out of state scripts! Good Luck!
sympty

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Oct 7, 2011
Where are you in TN?
symbty

Murfreesboro, TN

#13 Oct 8, 2011
Shannon Helton wrote:

Where do you live in TN?
woods-spook

Grundy, VA

#14 Oct 22, 2011
bobby ricky wrote:
Get him in rehab.
Right after you've graduated from the Attitude Adjustment program.
Mee

London, KY

#15 Mar 21, 2012
Anyone know a pharm in Georgia thats fill them at this time and has them in stock?
byrdman

Darby, PA

#16 Feb 24, 2013
It dont matter what ur id says i see a ga doc and Alabama. Or Florida. Ids work its all about what u look like and talk apprance is everything. U be surprised. How easy it is try walmart' and cvs theres no law being broke

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Williams property for school 2 hr Not Buying It 13
Experiences with Johnson City Juvenile Court Ju... 3 hr ugotamber 4
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 8 hr Jennifer 1,485
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 11 hr Control of School... 127
Rick Cheek at Comcast 16 hr American Injun 3
Firehouse Subs should be in Johnson City!!!!! 20 hr SUBmarine 1
LGBT and now Q? 21 hr Really 101

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance