Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

My child will be attending next year but I have many concerns after talking with current BCMS parents . Why do many of the best teachers keep transferring out, why is there no PTA and why is there little parental involvement?
mommaria

Powell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

I am transferring my child. I suggest you keep your child away from this school.
Stay away from BCM

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

The principal alone would be a good reason to transfer or stay away from Boones Creek Middle School.
Questions

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

What happened to the PTO or PTA?
sad

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

This school has so much potential. I think under the right leadership the school would do much better. Parental involvement and teacher morale is very poor. Maybe if enough parents and teachers contacted the superintendent and school board positive changes could be made.
MAd Parent

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

I have two children who have went through BCMS. The principal is a very weak link. The teachers have been there for years and are "comfortable". There a some good ones however the best is moving to vice principle.
Curious

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

MAd Parent wrote:
I have two children who have went through BCMS. The principal is a very weak link. The teachers have been there for years and are "comfortable". There a some good ones however the best is moving to vice principle.
Please explain weak link.
too much to mention

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text> Please explain weak link.
Weak in community relations and with parents. There is no longer a PTA because the almighty wanted to control everyone and everything making it impossible to work with him. Low morale overwhelms you when you walk in.
Want PTA Back

Morrison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

too much to mention wrote:
<quoted text>Weak in community relations and with parents. There is no longer a PTA because the almighty wanted to control everyone and everything making it impossible to work with him. Low morale overwhelms you when you walk in.
School Board has many numbers unlisted. If you are elected to this office you should be required to have a listed number. Hammond is very reachable. I cannot find Silver and Williams. Parents need to call them with your complaints.
no no

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Want PTA Back wrote:
<quoted text> School Board has many numbers unlisted. If you are elected to this office you should be required to have a listed number. Hammond is very reachable. I cannot find Silver and Williams. Parents need to call them with your complaints.
Call Brinkley he is the best and welcomes calls.
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

I think Ms. Harrell will be a big plus for the BCMS.
mommaria

Kannapolis, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

I heard that Edmonds is not going to be the principal this upcoming school year. Has anyone else heard this?
Sam the Man

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

mommaria wrote:
I heard that Edmonds is not going to be the principal this upcoming school year. Has anyone else heard this?
Just believe half of what you see on these posts. I will believe what I see on the first day of school in the fall. Why does everyone attack this school?
mommaria

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Sam the Man wrote:
<quoted text> Just believe half of what you see on these posts. I will believe what I see on the first day of school in the fall. Why does everyone attack this school?
Because it has serious problems. A serious lack of compassion from certain people. The children at BCM deserve better.
Right Thing

Morrison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

We need people in our schools who support children and their needs not just ones who need a pay check. I am very proud of Hammond. He wants what is right for all.
agree but

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Right Thing wrote:
We need people in our schools who support children and their needs not just ones who need a pay check. I am very proud of Hammond. He wants what is right for all.
I agree Hammond along with other board members care but I don't understand "ones who need a paycheck."
help

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

The school needs new leadership. Big Belly is losing good teachers. Curious to see if school rating drops next year. Boones Creek deserves better.
help

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Right Thing wrote:
What makes him so different from the others?
Don

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

help wrote:
<quoted text>What makes him so different from the others?
Mr
Hammonds main concern is for the children. He has been on the board for a few years now and I have yet to see him "sway" from his duties as a school board member. He is very approachable and easy to talk to. He takes every concern to heart and leaves no stone unturned
Watching

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Right Thing wrote:
We will see what he is made of very soon. Director and his Assistant Directors looking for new contract in June or could have more years of the same old song and dance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••