First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned mommy

Johnson City, TN

#1 Aug 16, 2007
my 18 month old has chipped/broken off a front tooth. We went to see a pediatric dentist yesterday and he looked at her for about 2 seconds and said she needed caps on her front teeth, he would have to do it atthe hospital and could not do it till the middle of October. I told him I was concerned because she won't eat very well, the broken tooth is sensitive to heat and cold. He said "don't give her anything hot or cold", duh. I don't want her to have a hurt tooth till octobet. Can anyone reccomend a pediatric dentist who could see her in the very near future to pur a temporary filling (which her dentist didn't even offer) in to keep her from being in pain til she has the caps? I would take her to a different dentist for the caps but no one takes our insurance. Thank you for any suggestions?
parent

Johnson City, TN

#2 Aug 31, 2007
Call Dr. Malone in Johnson city and see if they will take your daughter. They are good to the children. He is a ped. dentist too.
ParamedicDaddy

Johnson City, TN

#3 Aug 31, 2007
Also try Brit Bowers DDS in Johnson City, located on Sunset Dr. his specialty is pediatric dentistry. since you didn't mention the name of the dentist you visted, I hope it wasn't Dr. Bowers. My boys have gone to him for years.
mommy me

Miami, FL

#4 Sep 11, 2008
We moved here last year with our 4 kids and were horrified that we were not allowed to come back with our child...Only cut rate medicaid dentist did such a thing. I gave it an honest chance and bit my tongue. My eldest who always loved going to the dentist said the dentist was mean and that he never wanted to go to the dentist again. Does anyone know of a dentist who would take my young children anywhere in East TN and would allow parents back and is a good dentist? Is this too much to ask.
mcmomma

Nashville, TN

#5 Sep 11, 2008
I take my son to dr alden in jc. Most dentists say that they don't like the parent to come back with the child. Personally, I think it would help but.... Dr Bowers is hard to get into. I tried to get my son in and they said they were not taking any new patients and it would be six months before they would see him. My son finally ended up having to be put to sleep in same day surgery to have his teeth worked on. I tried mutiple times to get him to let them work on him at the dentist office but he was too scared.
sickandtired

Kingsport, TN

#6 Sep 14, 2008
Same thing happened when I took my granddaughter to the dentist. I was outraged when they wouldn't let me go back. It's bad enough when a grownup is sedated and all alone in there with no witnesses. Let alone a child. I can see them asking you not to come back if it has caused a problem in the past but I think they are only trying to protect themselves in case they screw up. I know because my daughter was a dental assistant.
my two cents

Johnson City, TN

#7 Sep 17, 2008
i have been going to DR Lamb for 18 years, since I got teeth. He is great and i love the staff. He is not a peds but he is great and does kids.
my two cents

Johnson City, TN

#8 Sep 17, 2008
I forgot to say he is on wilcox dr in kingsport
looking for a dentist

Kingsport, TN

#9 Oct 23, 2008
does anyone have anything good or bad to say about dr. brit bowers on sunset?
looking for a dentist

Kingsport, TN

#10 Oct 24, 2008
to clarify:
dr. brit bowers on sunset in johnson city, tn
Kristy

Columbia, TN

#11 Oct 24, 2008
Stay away from Dr alden!!! He treated my child horribly! I only know this because I went to the back with him. My 3 year old had caps put on his teeth after suffering a fall and bruising them. Dr Pallion @ Bristol Pediatric Dentistry is awesome. They done the surgery on my son the same week I took him. It was the hardest thing I have ever been through. But they do it at The Bristol Regional Medical Center! The people there are great too! My son was treated great. He still remembers the nurses that were so good to him! Example: My son wanted chocolate milk after recovery and they didnt have any in the hospital, a nurse went to the store and got him chocolate milk. Wonderful people!!!
Kristy

Columbia, TN

#12 Oct 24, 2008
Another thing.... My husband and I were allowed to go back with my child at the dentist office.
JC mommy

Hendersonville, TN

#13 Nov 2, 2008
One of my daughters sees Dr. Malone. The other sees Dr. Alden. I really like both dentists, but I would strongly recommend Dr. Alden though. His office is more updated. They are great dentists.
Adoptive Mommy

Murfreesboro, TN

#14 Jun 17, 2009
I took my son to Dr. Alden in October and low and behold it was around Halloween. The receptionist gave my son a HUGE bag of CANDY and other sugary items. Ironic huh? I found the staff to be pretty nice and accomodating, but Dr. Alden is a COMPLETE weirdo! He has NO personality, talks straight facts, and does not deal well with rambunctious children who happen to have soiled their pants. He was verging on rude and I'll NEVER go back. And, no, they did not let me go back to the exam room with my three year old :(
Dr Collins

Johnson City, TN

#15 Jun 17, 2009
I have 5 children and I have taken them all to Dr. Pat Collins He is a little "pricy" and is always trying to pick up the mothers that go to his office but he his THE BEST.
unhappy mom

Johnson City, TN

#16 Nov 10, 2009
looking for a dentist wrote:
does anyone have anything good or bad to say about dr. brit bowers on sunset?
Please don't take your kids to Dr.Bowers office. I am extremely unhappy with their service. On top of that the wait time is around 2 hours. No value of your time and money. I would find another good dentist but for sure...never ever recommend Dr. Bowers.
TGraham

Johnson City, TN

#17 Nov 19, 2009
Britt Bowers has been my sons dentist since he was old enough to go to the dentist. My son is 13 so I actually think he has been good to my son.
spike

Nashville, TN

#18 Nov 21, 2009
Anyone but Alden he just wants your money and doesnt care about your kid!
hmmm

Johnson City, TN

#19 Nov 21, 2009
Isn't Dr. Alden the one that gives out like a hundred appointments at one time and then you sit all day until it's your turn like a bunch of cattle? I took my grandchild there and when they told me I would have at least a three hour wait I walked out.
hmmm

Johnson City, TN

#20 Nov 21, 2009
Speaking of bad dentists, anyone remember Dr. Joshi. What a quack! I can't belive they let her practice here all these years. Thank God shes gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
principal at davy crockett (Jan '11) 4 hr Usuck 42
Dominions pizza 7 hr PizzatheHutt 2
Long Hair 7 hr Keepin-It-Long 1
Supertalk radio, is George West gone? (Nov '15) 10 hr George West 18
Claude John Robinson and Melinda Lee Buchanan 11 hr Know it all 5
That forever sleep 17 hr Lasan Yarps 20
Angel Tree Program? (Oct '12) 23 hr miss mo 58
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Nov 28 Tanya 1,609

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web