WQUT Format Change, Pt. 2
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Past Time

Rogersville, TN

#41 Apr 5, 2013
It's way past time for a change to WQUT's format.

Who wants to hear John Boy & Billy and all the stupid comments and giggles anyway. 4 hours of wasted morning jabber Monday - Saturday. And who needs a John Boy & Billy fix at 5 for another 5 minutes of garbage?
Then all the ballgames.....what the h---

I agree with Muddy from BSG, FM radio is for music not a ballagme, ballgames are for AM radio.

.....WQUT is outdated and Cummulus needs to make some big changes to WQUT and WKOS as well.

....speaking of such why did WKOS go country when we have WXBQ as the BEST country FM station in the Tri-Cities. WKOS was much better as 104.9 THE PEAK.

Maybe it's time to write to Cummulus HeadQuarters!!!!
Past Time

Rogersville, TN

#42 Apr 5, 2013
WQUT is loosing hundreds of listeners to the new 102.7

The management at 102.7 knows how to run a good station. All music and no jibber-jabber talk and no ballgames.

WQUT's program director is a huge UT fan and that's the only reason they are WASTING 100,000 watts on ballage garbage.

Matter of fact, WQUT is the ONLY 100,000 watt FM that braodcast ballgames.....and that is stupid!!!

Try 102.7 .......Music 24/7/365.......I made the switch to 102.7
Blank

Big Stone Gap, VA

#43 Apr 5, 2013
You would think with things like Pandora and Satellite Radio, that radio stations would try to improve, but apparently not. Same songs by same bands over and over, 20-25 minutes of commericals and chatter every hour, fake or non-existent request lines (unless you "request" the same songs they already play)...but NO! All Classic Rock staions are the same, modern rock stations the same, country stations the same, etc. While local radio will probably continue to be important for local news, sports, school closings, weather, etc. as a music source they are doomed! Satellite radio will do to FM what FM did to AM...change most of the into into news/talk/sports stations. Check out DishRadio or SiriusXM...you won;t be disappointed!
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#44 Apr 5, 2013
Blank wrote:
You would think with things like Pandora and Satellite Radio, that radio stations would try to improve, but apparently not. Same songs by same bands over and over, 20-25 minutes of commericals and chatter every hour, fake or non-existent request lines (unless you "request" the same songs they already play)...but NO! All Classic Rock staions are the same, modern rock stations the same, country stations the same, etc. While local radio will probably continue to be important for local news, sports, school closings, weather, etc. as a music source they are doomed! Satellite radio will do to FM what FM did to AM...change most of the into into news/talk/sports stations. Check out DishRadio or SiriusXM...you won;t be disappointed!
I totally agree. I called in to Jerry's Rock Cafe a few years ago and requested a song. She wouldn't play it because it wasn't on the play list. I tried to stream a UT game through WQUT on iHeart Radio and it wouldn't play. I contacted their Facebook page about it and they said their deal with UT didn't allow streams of any kind.. After I moved from TN I noticed like you said above that all the major radio stations across the country have the same play lists basically. TheCountry Music stations will subliminally put you in a trance by how they play the same songs repeatedly every day..
radiodude

Livingston, KY

#45 May 18, 2013
gonna be honest' i live in southeast ky, and absolutely love it whwn conditions are right for wqut to come in on my receiver. I live in a valley, its hard to get wqut come in most of the time. sure they play lot of 70s, but they no worse then biggest majority of classic rock stations around the united states. ac/dc led zeppelin aerosmith every hour. wqut seems to play a more variety then other classic rock stations. only other good station i enjoy listening to besides wqut is 103.5 wimz out of knoxville, its another hard station to bring in too.
That 102.7 we rock station isnt bad but i still like wqut better. if kim storm was back on there on the weekends doing the overnight shift like she did back in late 90s, that would be awesome. Loved het all request show. heard everything from foghat to iron maiden when she was on the air.

Wish i could get a good signal on wqut all the time like i could when i lived in town years ago.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#46 May 19, 2013
radiodude wrote:
gonna be honest' i live in southeast ky, and absolutely love it whwn conditions are right for wqut to come in on my receiver. I live in a valley, its hard to get wqut come in most of the time. sure they play lot of 70s, but they no worse then biggest majority of classic rock stations around the united states. ac/dc led zeppelin aerosmith every hour. wqut seems to play a more variety then other classic rock stations. only other good station i enjoy listening to besides wqut is 103.5 wimz out of knoxville, its another hard station to bring in too.
That 102.7 we rock station isnt bad but i still like wqut better. if kim storm was back on there on the weekends doing the overnight shift like she did back in late 90s, that would be awesome. Loved het all request show. heard everything from foghat to iron maiden when she was on the air.

Wish i could get a good signal on wqut all the time like i could when i lived in town years ago.
If you have Internet radio such as iheart or tuneIn try KSHE95 out of St Louis MO!! That's what I jam nowadays. I still listen to WQUT also cause it reminds me of home, they have a pretty good app

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#47 May 22, 2013
Cheese Puff Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. I called in to Jerry's Rock Cafe a few years ago and requested a song. She wouldn't play it because it wasn't on the play list. I tried to stream a UT game through WQUT on iHeart Radio and it wouldn't play. I contacted their Facebook page about it and they said their deal with UT didn't allow streams of any kind.. After I moved from TN I noticed like you said above that all the major radio stations across the country have the same play lists basically. TheCountry Music stations will subliminally put you in a trance by how they play the same songs repeatedly every day..
Hello Flintlock of www.walltowallstorage.com
RicoSuave

United States

#48 May 22, 2013
Cheese Puff Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have Internet radio such as iheart or tuneIn try KSHE95 out of St Louis MO!! That's what I jam nowadays. I still listen to WQUT also cause it reminds me of home, they have a pretty good app
Baby ... can u pick up some milk on the home
RicoSuave

Kingsport, TN

#49 May 23, 2013
RicoSuave wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby ... can u pick up some milk on the home
Nothing like being cloned by a dyslexic. For the record, the original and sane RicoSuave always shows as being in Kingsport and has a realistic grasp of the English language. As for the clone, everyone else be the judge. Why do they call them clones? Because it's easier than calling them lonely heart, dry cod, sleep on your hand and call it date rape, bargain basement losers. But, I gotta hand it to ya, 32 or 33......some guys would have turned queer with your credentials. Although you may never score a woman, at least you have that in your corner........for now. Have you ever considered an online (since you have no real life) atheist contact group for the terminally stupid?
RicoSuave

Kingsport, TN

#50 May 23, 2013
Cheese Puff Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you are right, Puff. Most of the stuff is canned music on free radio. Well, it's free! I can only imagine the deals made with the media giants as far as play rights, etc go. On the bright side, I still have my old albums and keep an ear open to a very, very few new music performers (damn a bunch of rap music) and haven't yet footed the bill for pay per hear radio. Shellfire and Dalmations! I may just start my own radio station! No commercials, no ads, and NO CLONES! LOL.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Kansas City, MO

#51 May 23, 2013
RicoSuave wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing like being cloned by a dyslexic. For the record, the original and sane RicoSuave always shows as being in Kingsport and has a realistic grasp of the English language. As for the clone, everyone else be the judge. Why do they call them clones? Because it's easier than calling them lonely heart, dry cod, sleep on your hand and call it date rape, bargain basement losers. But, I gotta hand it to ya, 32 or 33......some guys would have turned queer with your credentials. Although you may never score a woman, at least you have that in your corner........for now. Have you ever considered an online (since you have no real life) atheist contact group for the terminally stupid?
U gonna cry boy....u wanna waaa burger with those french cries lol
Cheese Puff Daddy

Kansas City, MO

#52 May 23, 2013
RicoSuave wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, you are right, Puff. Most of the stuff is canned music on free radio. Well, it's free! I can only imagine the deals made with the media giants as far as play rights, etc go. On the bright side, I still have my old albums and keep an ear open to a very, very few new music performers (damn a bunch of rap music) and haven't yet footed the bill for pay per hear radio. Shellfire and Dalmations! I may just start my own radio station! No commercials, no ads, and NO CLONES! LOL.
Yea puff is right....im bringin the milk home to sweety
RicoSuave

Kansas City, MO

#53 May 23, 2013
RicoSuave wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing like being cloned by a dyslexic. For the record, the original and sane RicoSuave always shows as being in Kingsport and has a realistic grasp of the English language. As for the clone, everyone else be the judge. Why do they call them clones? Because it's easier than calling them lonely heart, dry cod, sleep on your hand and call it date rape, bargain basement losers. But, I gotta hand it to ya, 32 or 33......some guys would have turned queer with your credentials. Although you may never score a woman, at least you have that in your corner........for now. Have you ever considered an online (since you have no real life) atheist contact group for the terminally stupid?
#1 ....RicoSuave is everywhere
#2 ....u are a real douche
And #3.... Bahahahhahahahhahahahahaha
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#54 May 23, 2013
RicoSuave wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, you are right, Puff. Most of the stuff is canned music on free radio. Well, it's free! I can only imagine the deals made with the media giants as far as play rights, etc go. On the bright side, I still have my old albums and keep an ear open to a very, very few new music performers (damn a bunch of rap music) and haven't yet footed the bill for pay per hear radio. Shellfire and Dalmations! I may just start my own radio station! No commercials, no ads, and NO CLONES! LOL.
There's a ton of good classic rock that's never seen much radio play. Take Alvin Lee and Ten Years After as an example. That's some of the best rock n roll ever made but if you request it the DJ's won't play it.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#55 May 26, 2013
RicoSuave wrote:
Hello Mole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shannon k. Smith 1 hr thomas 3
Drs willing to treat pain management aggressive... (Jul '12) 2 hr Sybil West 68
University High, Johnson City School (Dec '08) 7 hr Johnny Fever 89
Full Blooded Basset Hound Pups (Sep '10) 9 hr Sheri 7
White Lives Matter 14 hr laffingravy 16
David Hammond for schoolboard. No 19 hr Leave Him Alone 16
Prostitutes in Johnson City (Jul '12) Tue Just a random person 69

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance