are we headed for civil war ?

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#61 Aug 29, 2012
The Baron wrote:
Hopefully when/if Mitt Rommney is elected president he will more closely follow the Constitution and restore this country to the Constitutional Republic that the Founding Fathers intended. Obama has been a pathetic joke of a President. He can't even get congress to pass his budget.
Very well stated and true. I think he will make a good president. The media hates conservatives which is why they have worked so hard to make this guy look bad. He needs to work on running a positive campaign and were good.
Star Gazing

Jonesborough, TN

#62 Aug 29, 2012
The Baron wrote:
Hopefully when/if Mitt Rommney is elected president he will more closely follow the Constitution and restore this country to the Constitutional Republic that the Founding Fathers intended. Obama has been a pathetic joke of a President. He can't even get congress to pass his budget.
Can't get congress to pass it? This congress hasn't passed anything. That's the plan. Wreck the country. It's that simple. ONE MORE TIME. The war will not be the people against the government . It's against each other...the makers versus takers series is about us shooting our neighbors, not the Feds. It's right versus left...it's population control. It's the destruction of America. The wealthy want us to kill each other.

Constitution? F the constitution. It's a GD RAG! F the founding fathers too. Bunch of dirty old men with a good idea. F the tea party. F Romney/Ryan.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#63 Aug 29, 2012
Star Gazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't get congress to pass it? This congress hasn't passed anything. That's the plan. Wreck the country. It's that simple. ONE MORE TIME. The war will not be the people against the government . It's against each other...the makers versus takers series is about us shooting our neighbors, not the Feds. It's right versus left...it's population control. It's the destruction of America. The wealthy want us to kill each other.
Constitution? F the constitution. It's a GD RAG! F the founding fathers too. Bunch of dirty old men with a good idea. F the tea party. F Romney/Ryan.
And people wonder why we call Obama and his followers Anti-American. This isn't for you because you've obviously drank the coolaid, but for anyone who might be confused. The budget hasn't been passed for 3 going on 4 years because Mr. Obama has no clue how to run a budget. He pays no attention to rules and refuses to make the necessary changes that would allow congress to proceed consciencesly.
Whaat

Abingdon, VA

#64 Aug 29, 2012
Happy Dad wrote:
<quoted text>And people wonder why we call Obama and his followers Anti-American. This isn't for you because you've obviously drank the coolaid, but for anyone who might be confused. The budget hasn't been passed for 3 going on 4 years because Mr. Obama has no clue how to run a budget. He pays no attention to rules and refuses to make the necessary changes that would allow congress to proceed consciencesly.
I didnt see where he said he was a Democrat...just basically anti-govt. Also, I dont agree about the budget. Congress controls the purse strings so should be aggressive about wanting to pass a budget instead of just sitting back and poo-pooing any ideas that come their way. They basically dont do shit for what they are paid.
awpffft

AOL

#65 Aug 30, 2012
Some of you people amaze me. Don't use every post to try and push your candidate on us! No matter which crook becomes president, it has little bearing on the fact that presidents have no real power and are only puppets of the corporate giants. Talking politics is more a sport than a genuine issue. This stuff has gone on for years and years and will continue to do so.
Hold on There

Jonesborough, TN

#66 Aug 30, 2012
awpffft wrote:
Some of you people amaze me. Don't use every post to try and push your candidate on us! No matter which crook becomes president, it has little bearing on the fact that presidents have no real power and are only puppets of the corporate giants. Talking politics is more a sport than a genuine issue. This stuff has gone on for years and years and will continue to do so.
I wish that were true and lots of it is. It has gone on for years, only now there's a new twist. It's vile. It's hate filled and it's anger and it's inward. It's war. This won't stop until the shooting stops. There are powers that exist that are so far beyond us that we can't even imagine them. And they're not Hollywood movies and theyre not from my paranoia. It's true, they want us divided and they want us to kill each other. FOX NEWS is behind it
Keeewww

United States

#68 Sep 1, 2012
Happydad is proving that there could be a civil war. If we can be so divisive, immature, insulting, and aggressive on here to people we live with, and jump to overly emotional reactions before gaining understanding of the topic, what's to say this couldn't easily escalate into the same thing in the non-virtual world?
Ignorance

Johnson City, TN

#69 Sep 1, 2012
Stop watching tv and educate yourselves, get rid of the Fed Reserve Bank and use your election powers to make change, all of them must go, there is no difference in Rep. and Dem., they are puppets controlled by big money, they both get huge donanations from the same money, don't be blind, change must come or I too fear for the destruction of our country and the loss of our freedoms (what we have left anyway). Change comes from the passion of individuals, not the government, so stand up and be heard!

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#70 Sep 1, 2012
Crying out for another civil war just lets wingnuts get their tiny little weiners stiff.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#71 Sep 1, 2012
Keeewww wrote:
Happydad is proving that there could be a civil war. If we can be so divisive, immature, insulting, and aggressive on here to people we live with, and jump to overly emotional reactions before gaining understanding of the topic, what's to say this couldn't easily escalate into the same thing in the non-virtual world?
Happy dad is just pointing out that you are crazy. There may eventually be the set a circumstances that would cause a civil war, but we're not there yet. Look at history, wars are not fought over hate. Hate of course is involved and many times drives men to do ugly horrible things but hate doesn't cause wars. No. Wars are started based on two things greed and desperation. Hate is fire but without fuel it burns out. Sure you can pull together a group of people who agree about who to hate and why, but if all that motivates you is hate there isn't courage enough to follow through as a consensus. The day you see people starving to death and hear of babies dying from malnutrition, because of the greed of wealthy men. That's the day you can predict men are getting desperate enough to start a civil war. Greed and desperation act as an excellerant to the fire hate and sympathy start. The reason I'm making fun of you is because you're nuts and can not be taken serious. You've accused me of being insulting and trying to cause a war which is very silly. If you're offended or insulted that I have poked fun at you, it proves I've hit a nerve and you do need psychiatric help. You are taking a hypothetical and treating it like reality. Snap out of it. There won't be a Civil War. Riots and demonstrations are possible. You may even hear that the FBI uncovered a plot to overthrow the government. But war??? No.
Smash hit

Jonesborough, TN

#72 Sep 1, 2012
Keeewww wrote:
Happydad is proving that there could be a civil war. If we can be so divisive, immature, insulting, and aggressive on here to people we live with, and jump to overly emotional reactions before gaining understanding of the topic, what's to say this couldn't easily escalate into the same thing in the non-virtual world?
You called it EXACTLY as it is. It's that VERY type of rhetoric and jumping in both feet, before they even know what the topic is, and then start name-calling and all kinds of crap like that? Thats the VERY sort of thing that the experts are discussing regarding war. The saying that is circulating is CIVIL DISCOURSE OR CIVIL WAR. A dude at work this past week was shouting all sorts of crap about Obama and then started making it personal towards myself mainly, but others as well. I work in an office of 14 and six are democrats. He doesn't say anything when we're alone, but when he looks around and sees the numbers, he just lays in. NOTHING HE SAYS IS EVEN SANE. And he shouts, like the loudest wins and then insulting too...I HOLD FOX NEWS ACCOUNTABLE

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#73 Sep 1, 2012
Smash hit wrote:
<quoted text>
You called it EXACTLY as it is. It's that VERY type of rhetoric and jumping in both feet, before they even know what the topic is, and then start name-calling and all kinds of crap like that? Thats the VERY sort of thing that the experts are discussing regarding war. The saying that is circulating is CIVIL DISCOURSE OR CIVIL WAR. A dude at work this past week was shouting all sorts of crap about Obama and then started making it personal towards myself mainly, but others as well. I work in an office of 14 and six are democrats. He doesn't say anything when we're alone, but when he looks around and sees the numbers, he just lays in. NOTHING HE SAYS IS EVEN SANE. And he shouts, like the loudest wins and then insulting too...I HOLD FOX NEWS ACCOUNTABLE
OMG just listen to yourself. If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable. First perhaps you should research the DIFFERENCE between "civil discourse" and "civil war". Civil discourse isn't new and Fox News isn't evil, they just have the opposite view point from CNN. Give me a break. YOU'RE holding Fox News responsible??? YOU? Have you lost your grip on reality that bad that you think you can "hold" the networks responsisble?

Check out this book on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0393316033/ref=... I think it's recomended reading for you and your friends who actually believe this nonsense.

The book is. The Sky Is Falling: Understanding and Coping with Phobias, Panic, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
Back

Jonesborough, TN

#74 Sep 1, 2012
happy dad. You might be right and the poster might be right. But the dude is concerned because the cointy might end up in civil war. It might be far fetched but it's a very serious matter. Let me ask you. Are you to the point that you would shoot at Obama supporters? Do you think that the people are "looters"...? Do you know who Ayn Rand is? It's a philosophy that more or less criminalizes xbeing poor and praises the wealthy. Some say that this difference is philosophy will lead to war. And yes, they talk about it on FOX NEWS. Makers and Takers...I wouldn't say FOX NEWS is. O blame...it won't really matter who is to blame when the shooting starts. Shooting begets shooting and dude, they sure made sure that there are lots of guns put there, didn't they?

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#75 Sep 1, 2012
Back wrote:
happy dad. You might be right and the poster might be right. But the dude is concerned because the cointy might end up in civil war. It might be far fetched but it's a very serious matter. Let me ask you. Are you to the point that you would shoot at Obama supporters? Do you think that the people are "looters"...? Do you know who Ayn Rand is? It's a philosophy that more or less criminalizes xbeing poor and praises the wealthy. Some say that this difference is philosophy will lead to war. And yes, they talk about it on FOX NEWS. Makers and Takers...I wouldn't say FOX NEWS is. O blame...it won't really matter who is to blame when the shooting starts. Shooting begets shooting and dude, they sure made sure that there are lots of guns put there, didn't they?
You all seem to be of the opinion that I'm uninformed, which in your minds must be why I'm not sitting next you on the park bench biting my nails and wringing my hands. I'm not going to shoot anybody over politics, but just because there are people out there who will doesn't mean that were headed for Civil War. And just because there is a nut case right winger at your work out-louding everybody doesn't mean everybody or even a small majority of politically like minded people are all likely to snap. I can't count the times when George Bush was spending his trillion dollars and ignoring the US constitution in the name of Homeland Security, that I heard a liberal out-louding everybody in the room about how we need to save the country. With all that anger, hatred and frustration I never once heard, that we're headed for Civil War. The notion that the NRA, Pro-lifers, and conservatives in general are poised to start shooting Obama supporters is absolutely ridiculous. It's funny that if Fox News reports something crazy about the liberal side of politics, right away everyone says, "they're not credible." But now that it's doom and gloom brought about by angry white conservatives, suddenly Fox is trust worthy.

Fox is a network in a very competitive business, where it's all about the ratings. They are going to cover every story in a way that will get their ratings up. All you people are doing by posting this here on Topix is boosting their ratings even higher. And spreading the word like Chicken Little that "the sky is falling". You've seen it with your own eyes and heard it with your own ears. When the truth is it was just an apple that fell out of the apple tree.
Keeewwwww

United States

#76 Sep 2, 2012
Happy Dad wrote:
<quoted text>Happy dad is just pointing out that you are crazy. There may eventually be the set a circumstances that would cause a civil war, but we're not there yet. Look at history, wars are not fought over hate. Hate of course is involved and many times drives men to do ugly horrible things but hate doesn't cause wars. No. Wars are started based on two things greed and desperation. Hate is fire but without fuel it burns out. Sure you can pull together a group of people who agree about who to hate and why, but if all that motivates you is hate there isn't courage enough to follow through as a consensus. The day you see people starving to death and hear of babies dying from malnutrition, because of the greed of wealthy men. That's the day you can predict men are getting desperate enough to start a civil war. Greed and desperation act as an excellerant to the fire hate and sympathy start. The reason I'm making fun of you is because you're nuts and can not be taken serious. You've accused me of being insulting and trying to cause a war which is very silly. If you're offended or insulted that I have poked fun at you, it proves I've hit a nerve and you do need psychiatric help. You are taking a hypothetical and treating it like reality. Snap out of it. There won't be a Civil War. Riots and demonstrations are possible. You may even hear that the FBI uncovered a plot to overthrow the government. But war??? No.
Why are you calling ME crazy, then in the next sentence saying the same thing I just did? That it's possible? I never said it was imminent, just possible. Like its possible I could wreck on the way to the store, but I don't sit around worrying about it. But the fact that you are name calling & insulting someone without even reading closely enough to understand what they are actually saying, & instead taking further steps in your head to project feelings or thoughts onto me that aren't even there, does show just how far we have come from civil discourse. Go back & reread these posts carefully, & ask yourself if you are displaying civil discourse. Then ask yourself what specifically I wrote that supports your hypothesis that I am a crazy paranoid hand wringer. I think you will find that the closest you can come to that, you will also see that you said the same things. We don't disagree at all on the war thing from what I can tell by what you have written, but something in your head is taking it a step farther & thinking that we do, & therefore I am worthy of your verbal abuse. And therefore, that makes ME crazy. Uh huh.
Really, take a deep-breath, reread JUST what was actually written by myself without adding anything extra to it. Then look at your reaction.
Keeewwwww

United States

#77 Sep 2, 2012
I also would suggest you look at how you speak to people on here, & ask if it is reflected in your speech at home, because if you are a happy dad with children at home and you talk to them or in front of them like you talk here, you are modeling abusive behavior and lack of self-discipline, and I am sure you don't want to be doing that. If you are, maybe this can be a wake up call. May I respectfully request you listen to see if you talk to your family this way when they disagree with you (or when you think they are?)
Also, when you have disagreements with your wife, does she ever accuse you of putting words into her mouth, or thoughts & feelings that aren't there onto her? If so, you may want to listen.
I hope this helps, & that you have a good day.
Keeewwwww

United States

#78 Sep 2, 2012
Wait, I was wrong. Are you, HD, saying there is absolute zero possibility of civil war ever? That it's an absolute impossibility, as in, could never ever no matter what happen? Because in that case we do disagree. I think it is very highly unlikely, but that nothing is impossible. Also, the past has shown us that arrogance & the feeling of invincibility often leads to downfall when issues aren't dealt with when they can still be handled successfully.
The Big RepubliCON Lie

Jonesborough, TN

#79 Sep 2, 2012
Keeewwwww wrote:
Wait, I was wrong. Are you, HD, saying there is absolute zero possibility of civil war ever? That it's an absolute impossibility, as in, could never ever no matter what happen? Because in that case we do disagree. I think it is very highly unlikely, but that nothing is impossible. Also, the past has shown us that arrogance & the feeling of invincibility often leads to downfall when issues aren't dealt with when they can still be handled successfully.
Have you seen the video in the original post subject. Some are saying, self-included, that war is imminent. I do. It's like a divorce. These differences are hopeless. We either find a way to divorce it it will end in war.,I guess it's just a point of view/opinion, but it's like saying in my opinion the sun will rise in the morning. Well, in my opinion there will be war...millions and millions will be killed. I feel certain. I'm friggin positive. For starters, our large extended family are democrats. We have property (512 acres) in the mountains of North Carolina. Hopefully, shortly before the war starts we can make it to the farm, where it would take a militia of say 200 or so to overtake us, and that's without any help. Yes, we think war is coming too. We think war has been designed for us. We think Rupert Murdick and the Koch Brothers and Newt Gengrich intend to start it. We aim to finish it.
local JC area cop

Clinton, SC

#80 Sep 5, 2012
If a civil war does happen, I can think of a few I'd like to wipe out-
Hmm

Abingdon, VA

#81 Sep 5, 2012
local JC area cop wrote:
If a civil war does happen, I can think of a few I'd like to wipe out-
You're not a cop, you're a fraud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Desperate Need Of A GOOD Divorce/ Custody At... 6 hr Clark in Bristol 3
Verbal Abuse Awareness 9 hr All 4
Hate crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 16 hr Sane 5
8th Grade Prom 18 hr Payless 17
Ignoring red light camera citations. (May '14) Thu zio-bot israeli 46
Bemberg Haunted?!? (Jun '11) Thu Murph 28
Dexter Clevenger Family Wed I prefer HBO 2

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages