Boone Athletic Trainer waste of tax dollars

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

Sulphur Srings

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Sep 11, 2012
Was recently told by county commissioner Boone athletic trainer was waste of taxpayers $40,000.00 plus yearly salary. It is public record(salary). Sure Crockett has one too. What does he do during day? Could this not be part-time salary to match this part-time position? Call your school board and county commissioners. This item should be cut next year and hear it will. Sure Moorehouse is an ok guy but ......
Booney

United States

#2 Sep 11, 2012
Sulphur Srings wrote:
Was recently told by county commissioner Boone athletic trainer was waste of taxpayers $40,000.00 plus yearly salary. It is public record(salary). Sure Crockett has one too. What does he do during day? Could this not be part-time salary to match this part-time position? Call your school board and county commissioners. This item should be cut next year and hear it will. Sure Moorehouse is an ok guy but ......
Just curious, why do so many come to TOPIX looking for answers? Why not call the director of schools or the athletic director?????????? You will get nothing but gossip and lies on here. GO STRAIGHT TO THE SOURCE!
Pretty Good

Baltimore, MD

#3 Sep 12, 2012
Well, since Boone offers Weighlifting as a class, and also has gym classes, could it be that the trainer is there in case of any injuries during those two offered classes? By the way, those classes go on all day, and if I was in one and pulled or tore a muscle, I sure wouldn't want to have to wait until the part-time trainer (who would probably be sub-par with a part time job) to come in.
Boone Father

Johnson City, TN

#4 Sep 12, 2012
Craig Moorehouse is a good guy and a good trainer. He works with all sport athletes and even works with middle school athletes and their injuries. As a father of a Boone athlete, any school that offers athletic teams, needs a full-time trainer. Alot of the treatment taken by the athletes occur in the morning before school even starts.
Brian-Atheltic Trainer

Tavares, FL

#5 Oct 4, 2012
Well, as a Certified Athletic Trainer, I am disgusted by this post...Part-time position? Seriously? You have no idea wha this job entails and it most certainly is not a part-time position. I am at my high school every day and some holidays working with teams at the varsity and junior varstiy levels; in 90 degree weather making sure these kids (parents, your children)are safe from getting seriously hurt, injured or even dying. I went to school for both my Bachelor's and Master's degree in my field so 6 years total, plus had to pass a national board certification exam and maintain continuing education every year...I am CPR and AED certified in adults, children, and infants, I have a full knowledge of the entire bodies working bones, muscles, ligaments, and joints. For you to think that $40,000 is a waste of money; I would like to see what you think if that money was taken away and your child died on the field because that athletic trainer was not there!
B Craig

Johnson City, TN

#6 Oct 5, 2012
Sulphur Srings wrote:
As the parent of two athletes in the Boone HS area, I do not think I could put a $ amount on Craig Moorehouse. He has always been available to my kids even at 6 am on saturdays after a late Friday night game. His knowledge and expertise to me as a parent is invaluable. Knowing that he cares for the athlete first and not the outcome of the sport is enough to justify his salary. IF you will notice I used my real name, not a fake name, there is no one named Sulpher springs, if you are going to post a negative comment and use the persons name, dont be a coward.
B Craig

Johnson City, TN

#7 Oct 7, 2012
Come on " sulphur springs" man up, don't hide behind the Internet, coward, I am calling you out. If you are ashamed of who you are apologize because you know you are lying

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Davenport 2 hr curious 3
Debate: Marijuana - Johnson City, TN (Aug '10) 13 hr Randy Stanton 121
What has happened to Gregs Pizza?? (Oct '12) 15 hr Jobacca 56
Buttercup Bakery closes in downtown Erwin 17 hr StupidStomper 34
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 17 hr megss1369 350
Welcome To URINE, Tennessee 37650 (formerly kno... Sun K Campbell 8
Erwin is called Urine Sun K Campbell 17
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web