Drs willing to treat pain management ...

Drs willing to treat pain management aggressively in jc

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Standard t

Chatsworth, GA

#1 Jul 1, 2012
Just wondering if anyone knows a group or dr in jc that is willing to treat chronic pain aggressively in jc...

Please don't pass judgement and tell me how evil pills are and all that... It is just a question that I am looking for an answer to...

Tia
Fed Up

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Jul 1, 2012
Standard t wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows a group or dr in jc that is willing to treat chronic pain aggressively in jc...
Please don't pass judgement and tell me how evil pills are and all that... It is just a question that I am looking for an answer to...
Tia
Elizabethton, dr Allen ...very aggressively, yes
Tracy

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jul 1, 2012
I am not judgeing you. Some people really need pain medication. It's the ones that abuse it that make it hard for the ones that need it to be treated.
Just saying

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jul 1, 2012
Tia brown lmao
Standard t

Chatsworth, GA

#6 Jul 2, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Elizabethton, dr Allen ...very aggressively, yes
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not finding anyone by that name in elizabethton... Only a dr Robert Allen in jc... Same one?
Standard t

Chatsworth, GA

#7 Jul 2, 2012
Tracy wrote:
I am not judgeing you. Some people really need pain medication. It's the ones that abuse it that make it hard for the ones that need it to be treated.
Thank you and I totally agree.
love em animals

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jul 4, 2012
Standard t wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows a group or dr in jc that is willing to treat chronic pain aggressively in jc...
Please don't pass judgement and tell me how evil pills are and all that... It is just a question that I am looking for an answer to...
Tia
Pain Medicine Associates in JC.
love em animals

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jul 4, 2012
Pain Medicine Asociates on MedTech Parkway n JC.
John R

Cleveland, TN

#10 Jul 4, 2012
I'm a real patient so I go to a real doctor.

http://www.wellmont.org/Wellmont-Physicians/S...

(in Bristol)
Renee

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jul 4, 2012
First off you need to have a legitimate reason to be in pain. CT's, MRI's, and studies to show what and where the pain it. Preferrably from your PCP or other health care provider who can then refer you to a pain clinic in the Tri Cities.

If you have Fibromyalgia or unspecific pain, then be prepared cause you will not be given any sort of narcotic or really anything stronger than Ibuprophen. You might get Cymbalta, Lyrica, or a muscle relaxer to go with the Ibuprophen.

This is especially true of Pain Med Associates. And they have the right to refuse or dismiss any patient who is abusing their time and services.
Dodd

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Jul 4, 2012
Renee wrote:
First off you need to have a legitimate reason to be in pain. CT's, MRI's, and studies to show what and where the pain it. Preferrably from your PCP or other health care provider who can then refer you to a pain clinic in the Tri Cities.
If you have Fibromyalgia or unspecific pain, then be prepared cause you will not be given any sort of narcotic or really anything stronger than Ibuprophen. You might get Cymbalta, Lyrica, or a muscle relaxer to go with the Ibuprophen.
This is especially true of Pain Med Associates. And they have the right to refuse or dismiss any patient who is abusing their time and services.
Once again, the church people, who always suggest that OBAMA wants to run our lives are, uh, trying to run people's lives. Between food stamps and pain meds, the religious freaks are infinitely concerned hat someone might get food stamps and / or pain meds that don't need them....totally ignoring and hampering the chances that someone who does will get them.....if you don't want pain meds, I suggest that you don't get them, but it's only a suggestion....your is insistent.....bite me
shew

Manchester, TN

#13 Jul 5, 2012
Dodd wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, the church people, who always suggest that OBAMA wants to run our lives are, uh, trying to run people's lives. Between food stamps and pain meds, the religious freaks are infinitely concerned hat someone might get food stamps and / or pain meds that don't need them....totally ignoring and hampering the chances that someone who does will get them.....if you don't want pain meds, I suggest that you don't get them, but it's only a suggestion....your is insistent.....bite me
I didn't see anything on her post about NOBAMA! It is smart that Doctors won't hand out medication with out legitimate reasoning behind it!
Butch

Johnson City, TN

#14 Jul 17, 2012
My wife has had 18 broke bones, 13 surgeries, screws and plates holding her arms together. She is only 52 and gets around like an 80 year old, in constant pain, no quality of life. I got laid off and lost my insurance, then lost our Dr. Where can we find a Pain Dr. Affordable? I am well aware of the dangers of addiction and Obama bull shit, so preachers, shut up. I need to find a Dr to prescribe
Lortab, not oxy, roxy...ect. Can anyone help with thus info? Please.
Yes

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Jul 17, 2012
Butch wrote:
My wife has had 18 broke bones, 13 surgeries, screws and plates holding her arms together. She is only 52 and gets around like an 80 year old, in constant pain, no quality of life. I got laid off and lost my insurance, then lost our Dr. Where can we find a Pain Dr. Affordable? I am well aware of the dangers of addiction and Obama bull shit, so preachers, shut up. I need to find a Dr to prescribe
Lortab, not oxy, roxy...ect. Can anyone help with thus info? Please.
Dr Paul In elizabethton. Take some case history with you. Maybe an X-ray ......
shew

Manchester, TN

#16 Jul 18, 2012
Butch wrote:
My wife has had 18 broke bones, 13 surgeries, screws and plates holding her arms together. She is only 52 and gets around like an 80 year old, in constant pain, no quality of life. I got laid off and lost my insurance, then lost our Dr. Where can we find a Pain Dr. Affordable? I am well aware of the dangers of addiction and Obama bull shit, so preachers, shut up. I need to find a Dr to prescribe
Lortab, not oxy, roxy...ect. Can anyone help with thus info? Please.
pain med asso may take cash pay or I believe quality of life is all cash pay no insurance. I completely understand you wanting to find help for your wife and not wanting to be preached to so please don't take this the wrong way. Hydrocodone (lortab) is a good pain medication but for short term use only. The long term effects and damage
It does to liver and stomach is not good. I have seen a lot of doctors switch pt from this to a long acting med
Like kadian ( yes it is a long acting morphine but don't get freaked out by the medicine it is better for long term use) or there is also a
Medication called opana that I
Honestly do not know that much about I hope I have been some help to you and please dont think I'm judging
just saying

Lebanon, TN

#17 Jul 18, 2012
Opana is VERY EXPENSIVE. He is absolutely correct about the long term damage of hydrocodone. I feel under the age of 40 one should worry about oxycodone or morphine due to the fact that after so many years and getting used to taking something, there will be nothing strong enough. Your wife will have to take less medication which would be a benefit. Good luck. Obama and the DEA has made it almost impossible to get pain meds. If you find a Dr. to write a prescription, the pharmacies are not filling due to DEA "strong arming" and threatening to shut them down.
need to know

London, KY

#19 Apr 25, 2013
anyone know anything about trycity pain consulants
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#20 Apr 25, 2013
It's the acetaminophen that causes all the health problems associated with hydrocodone and oxycodone. You're way better off taking morphine or pure oxycodone like roxysett. My dad has been taking morphine over 10 years now for chronic pain associated with double knee replacements and he's suffered no ill effects. I'd rather be on prescription pain killers and die sooner then have no quality of life and linger on suffering. This day and age dogs get more consideration where pain is concerned then human beings do, it's sickening.
babygurl

Kingsport, TN

#21 May 22, 2013
John R wrote:
I'm a real patient so I go to a real doctor.
http://www.wellmont.org/Wellmont-Physicians/S...
(in Bristol)
I went there this week i have papers proving i have ver 12 things wrong wigth my back my bodys locking up to the to point its crippling me and the dr told me it was all in my head
RicoSuave

Kingsport, TN

#22 May 23, 2013
Cheese Puff Daddy wrote:
It's the acetaminophen that causes all the health problems associated with hydrocodone and oxycodone. You're way better off taking morphine or pure oxycodone like roxysett. My dad has been taking morphine over 10 years now for chronic pain associated with double knee replacements and he's suffered no ill effects. I'd rather be on prescription pain killers and die sooner then have no quality of life and linger on suffering. This day and age dogs get more consideration where pain is concerned then human beings do, it's sickening.
You said it well, Puff. The acetaminophen is the bad culprit. However, the manufacturers would have us believe it is all hunky dory as far as side effects of the medicine that degrades and turn toxic with time. Still yet, the good drug is accompanied by it and the manufacturers keep in getting the residuals. Damn shame that so many abusers snort the stuff for a buzz, only to make it harder for the folks who need it to get a prescription. As long as these medicines are used for recreational buzzes, the folks who need them will have to jump through hoops to get them. Damn shame, it is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wussywover 50 min umm 3
Birthday party venue (Feb '11) 3 hr bozo 24
New Life Praise and Worship 4 hr billy 2
Red Pig 5 hr This guy 3
Chris Garland or Chris Nelson step Brothers? 6 hr billy 2
sex (May '11) 8 hr beast 11
Dogging (Sep '16) 8 hr beast 12

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages