Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 25, 2013
So who wants to start homeless shelters?
The economy is gonna get worse, not better, as Obamacare laws kick in. Human suffering is going to increase, not decrease.

This once-great society that slaughters its unborn children has sown the wind, and is about to reap the whirlwind. The government just practiced martial law in Boston, and what is there left to do?

Prepare for God's judgement, preach His truth, and love your fellow men and women.

I've thought and prayed about it. I'm ready to go start one of these homeless missions, maybe a couple of them, and just serve God and the hurting until I go home to the New Jerusalem. I'm ready to go serve "the least of these".

Years ago I worked for the Salvation Army, I know how they are run. I know what to expect. But I'm not sure what to do now.

Does anyone else have this burden or vision?
I told my pastor this, and you know what he said: "How are you gonna pay for that?"
Well I don't know. I understand he was telling me the church can't afford that. I knew that.

I don't know any wealthy donors who will pay for it. I don't hobnob with that upper white collar crust.

But if this burden is from the I_AM then He will make a way. So I want to know what anyone thinks.

I can ignore the insults from the bunch that will post those. Don't worry about answering them. But if you have something good to say then please tell me. If you have an idea please share it.

We cannot save America. It's too late for that. A lot of you know that. But we can save Americans, and all others too. I am bound for the glory land, and I want to take others with me. Amen.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#2 Apr 25, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
The economy is gonna get worse, not better, as Obamacare laws kick in. Human suffering is going to increase, not decrease.

This once-great society that slaughters its unborn children has sown the wind, and is about to reap the whirlwind. The government just practiced martial law in Boston, and what is there left to do?

Prepare for God's judgement, preach His truth, and love your fellow men and women.

I've thought and prayed about it. I'm ready to go start one of these homeless missions, maybe a couple of them, and just serve God and the hurting until I go home to the New Jerusalem. I'm ready to go serve "the least of these".

Years ago I worked for the Salvation Army, I know how they are run. I know what to expect. But I'm not sure what to do now.

I told my pastor this, and you know what he said: "How are you gonna pay for that?"
Well I don't know. I understand he was telling me the church can't afford that. I knew that.

I don't know any wealthy donors who will pay for it. I don't hobnob with that upper white collar crust.

But if this burden is from the I_AM then He will make a way. So I want to know what anyone thinks.

I can ignore the insults from the bunch that will post those. Don't worry about answering them. But if you have something good to say then please tell me. If you have an idea please share it.

We cannot save America. It's too late for that. A lot of you know that. But we can save Americans, and all others too. I am bound for the glory land, and I want to take others with me. Amen.
I wish you well. I hope you find your answers soon. As crazy as this may sound have you looked into whether government assistance and or grants are available for such a cause? Helping homeless Americans is a cause I'd be proud to see my tax dollars supporting..

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Apr 25, 2013
Cheese Puff Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you well. I hope you find your answers soon. As crazy as this may sound have you looked into whether government assistance and or grants are available for such a cause? Helping homeless Americans is a cause I'd be proud to see my tax dollars supporting..
No I haven't, for 2 reasons:
1. If you get government funding you cannot preach/teach the gospel;
2. I would like funding from a source a little more reliable than an entity $18 trillion in debt. I'm not saying that to be cute either. Think about it. That house of cards is going to fall, and everyone living in it will crash with it. I want to help them, not crash with them.
helping others

Kingsport, TN

#4 Apr 25, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
Appalachian Regional Coalition on Homelessness may be able to help with a idea.Their numbers in the The need is there .Good luck.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#5 Apr 25, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>No I haven't, for 2 reasons:
1. If you get government funding you cannot preach/teach the gospel;
2. I would like funding from a source a little more reliable than an entity $18 trillion in debt. I'm not saying that to be cute either. Think about it. That house of cards is going to fall, and everyone living in it will crash with it. I want to help them, not crash with them.
I understand. Another avenue that may be worth exploring is The Emanuel School of Religion at Milligan. There are some pretty wealthy people that donate to the cause of Christian education. If you can get ahold of the right people there and tell them your dream they may possibly help you find the right people to help you make it a reality. It's a long shot but its worth a try. All they can do is say no..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jacob Potter (May '11) 4 hr Seemore 4
Queer Stuff 6 hr Hmmm 21
News Women's March Demands Equality 7 hr You Are Garbage 2
The Back Door? 11 hr Jobacca 1
Name some of the good things about Johnson City 18 hr Area man 2
Hate crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sat Sane 6
Fishing Spots (Jul '11) Fri fultonjacky 5

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance