Washington County dump hours

Washington County dump hours

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

Anonymous

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Aug 26, 2011
The Washington County dump is one BIG joke. There hours of bussiness are so weird and stupid. What are these people getting paid to do?! The only work I have seeen them do is pick stuff out of the trash that they want! Freakin Nasty! People wonder why there is trash in other peoples yard, or why there is a line out in the road on saturday mornings? Maybe because the damn Washington County dump is never open. The bank has better business hours then they do! Oh and the men who work there are so nasty and unfriendly! Seriously!
Duh

Johnson City, TN

#2 Aug 26, 2011
thatoneperson123 wrote:
The Washington County dump is one BIG joke. There hours of bussiness are so weird and stupid. What are these people getting paid to do?! The only work I have seeen them do is pick stuff out of the trash that they want! Freakin Nasty! People wonder why there is trash in other peoples yard, or why there is a line out in the road on saturday mornings? Maybe because the damn Washington County dump is never open. The bank has better business hours then they do! Oh and the men who work there are so nasty and unfriendly! Seriously!
Well, working with garbage, do you expect them to maybe be wearing clean white lab coats. Maybe your attitude toward them is being reflected back to you? Its possible. Be grateful you have a free place to dump your garbage and instead of asking your questions about the hours here, it may be more sensible to ask those at the dump. You think? Their pay is probably a pittance and retrieving stuff happens at ANY dump site. Very valuable stuff if often found; I've heard stories about this. Some people are very wasteful!
hgjhg

Kingsport, TN

#3 Aug 27, 2011
you are wrong about the folks that work there. i use cash hollow often and appreciate the work they do. maybe if you tried it for a day you would sing a different tune.
i agree about the hours. why is the brush dump closed on saturdays? is that not the day for yard work?
Anonymous

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Aug 27, 2011
There is no shame in any job, but when you go to a job at least be clean. Yes you are going to get dirty at a dump, but when you are the first person there and the men are wearing clothes that look like they havent been cleaned in three days it raises questions. But anyway to the more pressing matter, the hours.
Anonymous

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Aug 27, 2011
I am talking about the dump near cross roads store, should have been more specific. Sorry
I Agree

Madison, TN

#6 Aug 27, 2011
The men that work at the Lamar waste station are pathetic. Every time that I go there (if it's even open) they are sitting in their lawn chairs kicked back with their feet up, smoking cigarettes and chatting it up. Would it kill one of them to get up and help an elderly lady who finds it hard to reach up to put her bags in the dumpster? No! I think not. I'm pretty sure that the county isn't paying them to sit around all day. The other stations that I have used occassionally aren't like that. I would rather drive out of my way to Wash. College than go to the one at Lamar.

As for the hours.. they are ridiculous. The others don't have those weird hours. Why in the world would they close at 3pm?
Jokester

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 28, 2011
thatoneperson123 wrote:
There is no shame in any job, but when you go to a job at least be clean. Yes you are going to get dirty at a dump, but when you are the first person there and the men are wearing clothes that look like they havent been cleaned in three days it raises questions. But anyway to the more pressing matter, the hours.
Report them for being so nasty. Call da boss! There are some who wouldn't strike a lick in a pie factory.
TheFeeb

Franklin, TN

#8 Sep 10, 2011
I hate how the dump on Harmony Road says that they close at 6 pm, but they are sure to be closed before 5:45 pm! So frustrating!
PayAttention

Nashville, TN

#9 Sep 10, 2011
TheFeeb wrote:
I hate how the dump on Harmony Road says that they close at 6 pm, but they are sure to be closed before 5:45 pm! So frustrating!
I suggest you learn to read, here's a link to start with. Pay special attention to the words in red.

http://www.washingtoncountytn.org/departments...
TheFeeb

Franklin, TN

#10 Sep 17, 2011
It would have been nice if they had posted that on location. The Gray facility is open until 6 pm Tues-Fri, so I assumed all others should have as well.

Thanks, for the suggestion on learning how to read... You don't have to be rude in order to get your point across.
Cindy

Nashville, TN

#11 Sep 17, 2011
To thatoneperson123 the employees at these places are mostly retired farmers/Eastman places like that. These men dont want to just sit on the ass and draw a check. my suggestion to you is buy some land and contract with the city of johnson city and open a dump and run it as you see fit!
Thats Funny

Madison, TN

#12 Sep 19, 2011
Cindy wrote:
To thatoneperson123 the employees at these places are mostly retired farmers/Eastman places like that. These men dont want to just sit on the ass and draw a check. my suggestion to you is buy some land and contract with the city of johnson city and open a dump and run it as you see fit!


Why sit on your @$$ and "draw a check" when you can sit on your @$$ all day and draw TWO checks??
thetruth

United States

#13 Jan 24, 2013
As least these men are working. Why dont you idiots write the hours down while your waiting on your ck the 1st. of the month. Dumb rednecks
dumpsterdiver

United States

#14 Feb 18, 2013
I think its fun to look through trash
DDD

Hixson, TN

#15 Dec 28, 2013
All you talk so bad about being a dump man well heck its not the worst job out there you could be working at a chicken farm or putting up insulation on houses. A kill house for animals we need food we need to stay warm be happy and glad you don't have that job.
Telling it like it is

United States

#16 Jan 2, 2014
Sounds like a bunch of white trash Obama voters
expresso

Knoxville, TN

#17 Apr 7, 2014
TheFeeb wrote:
I hate how the dump on Harmony Road says that they close at 6 pm, but they are sure to be closed before 5:45 pm! So frustrating!
It states you have to be inside the gate by 15 till. The gate closes at 15 mins till closing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rent 19 hr also want to know 8
Misti Holden crain Sat wantit eatit 4
News 100,000 veterans face long waits to see VA doctors (Jun '14) Sat railrider 2
Snitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sat Little old lady 17
Good looking 34 YO wanting to screw around wit... Jul 21 Understand 4
total family medicine/grace internal medicine (Dec '15) Jul 21 growup 21
I Miss Anna Zook! Jul 21 curious 19

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages