Food stamp president: Enrollment up 7...

Food stamp president: Enrollment up 75 percent under Obama

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Thanks Barry

United States

#1 Sep 22, 2013
Enrollment in the food stamp program — officially the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — has soared by 75 percent in the years since President Obama first took office, a new report finds.

The government said the recession ended in 2009, The Wall Street Journal reports, but enrollment in the food stamp program didn’t wane, as would be expected in an improving economy. Since 2009, it’s been on a steady rise, The Journal reports.

A record 48.8 million people participate in the program, as of December 2012 — a figure that translates into a 75 percent rise since 2009, The Journal says. Why?

Despite government claims, the job market is still lagging. The poverty rate is on the rise, The Journal says. And federal laws passed under former President Clinton and further under Mr. Obama are actually driving the enrollment rate higher. Those laws allow for those with higher incomes to take food stamps — the logic being that helping people before they reach crisis financial level will actually stimulate the economy, The Journal says.

The news for the future is more of the same.

Economists predict that food stamp enrollment will continue to rise in the coming year.

Modern American Currency:

One dollar: George Washington
Five dollar: Abraham Lincoln
Ten dollar: Alexander Hamilton
Twenty dollar: Andrew Jackson
FIfty dollar: Ulysses S. Grant
Hundred dollar: Benjamin Franklin
Food stamps: Barack Obama food stamp president

THE ENTIRE REASON THE BORDERS ARE LEFT OPEN IS TO CUT WAGES!

http://mexicanoccupation.bl ogs...

"We could cut unemployment in half simply by reclaiming the
jobs taken by illegal workers," said Representative Lamar Smith of Texas, co-chairman of the Reclaim American Jobs Caucus. "President Obama is on the wrong side of the American people on immigration. The president should support policies that help citizens and legal immigrants find the jobs they need and deserve rather than fail to enforce immigration laws."

nd still the jobs go to Obama's LA RAZA PARTY BASE of ILLEGALS

“What employers really want in many cases by hiring immigrants is to hold down wage costs, experts say.”

UNDER OBAMA, TWO-THIRDS OF JOBS GO TO HIS PARTY BASE OF ILLEGALS!

That's right, keep them po' folk on the plantation lib democrats!
Patrick Lilley

Johnson City, TN

#2 Sep 22, 2013
As a card toting fool, you continue to regurgitate the non-sense repeated on FOX and by godless dirtbag republican and tea party politicians.

Food stamps don't mean shit, you idiot. They have you looking at food stamps like that means something. You're an idiot. Food stamps cost a dime a day. It's a recession and people need food, you worthless Kochsucker.

Fix news and the wealthy know that you're so GD stupid and racist that you'll turn your head and look to the poor and assume that THEY have it made, your that dumb,

Your worthless kind just cut food stamps for 179,000 veterans and how many elderly.

I like you and Ron Ramsey and the Hills, but I wish each of you would break both your goddamn legs and if any of you and I mean any if you would care to meet and discuss it, I can be anywhere in the tri cities in15 minutes.

F you, and have a nice day
idiot

Abingdon, VA

#3 Sep 22, 2013
Patrick Lilley wrote:
As a card toting fool, you continue to regurgitate the non-sense repeated on FOX and by godless dirtbag republican and tea party politicians.
Food stamps don't mean shit, you idiot. They have you looking at food stamps like that means something. You're an idiot. Food stamps cost a dime a day. It's a recession and people need food, you worthless Kochsucker.
Fix news and the wealthy know that you're so GD stupid and racist that you'll turn your head and look to the poor and assume that THEY have it made, your that dumb,
Your worthless kind just cut food stamps for 179,000 veterans and how many elderly.
I like you and Ron Ramsey and the Hills, but I wish each of you would break both your goddamn legs and if any of you and I mean any if you would care to meet and discuss it, I can be anywhere in the tri cities in15 minutes.
You're wasting your time Patrick. That guy (Thanks Barry/Hillbillyboy/many other trolling aliases on here) watches nothing but Fox news and then just repeats what those idiots say on here no matter how idiotic it sounds. I really think his mind has rotted away by now with all of the bullshit he spouts and sadly, he believes it all.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#4 Sep 22, 2013
Patrick Lilley wrote:
You started out your post with what I thought was going to be a good point that I might actually agree with.

But then you sort of drifted off course with your rant on blaming Fox News...and then the screen blurred out when the profanity started...and then the threats of physical violence (yawm).

And then whatever point you had started to make was sort of washed out, at that point.

Look dude. Why dont you start over. I really thought you were going to make a valid point there for a moment.

And leave out the ridiculous profanity and even more ridiculous threats of violence. Pulease!

I suppose it didnt dawn on you that if someone dared you to meet them somewhere, and you rushed there only to meet...a police car...that you might wind up going to jail?

Um...that never dawned on you?

(That is why I call you stupid so often)

But, anyway, stop acting like a stupid jerk, and lets see if you can go back and start with your point about food stamps. Now, go back and try it again!
idiot

Abingdon, VA

#5 Sep 22, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
You started out your post with what I thought was going to be a good point that I might actually agree with.
Im glad you agreed with his first point that you just regurgitate the stupid shit you see on Fox news...lol.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#6 Sep 22, 2013
idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Im glad you agreed with his first point that you just regurgitate the stupid shit you see on Fox news...lol.
If you would start to...

A...actually read the posts you reply to, and

B...be truthful and stay on topic, people might start listening to you.

I actually and specifically chided the young man for his rant blaming Fox news. Yet you presented the false argument that I agreed with him about it.

Which is untruthful.

If you cant do any better than to twist obvious lies, then no one will take you seriously.

I did agree with him on Food Stamps, though.

If you would take some time for serious thought, you could do a lot better in your rant on the republicans.

I might even help you, if you did.

But if you want others to take your post seriously, then you are going to have to be serious.

I wonder if you are not a republican masquerading around as a liberal troll, in order to make liberals look silly. After all, your screen name...

But so many of them are silly, that I really cant tell?
Thanks obama

United States

#7 Sep 22, 2013
Did you read it all libs? You don't agree? Really?
Where are all the jobs???????

The news for the future is more of the same.

Economists predict that food stamp enrollment will continue to rise in the coming year.

Modern American Currency:

One dollar: George Washington
Five dollar: Abraham Lincoln
Ten dollar: Alexander Hamilton
Twenty dollar: Andrew Jackson
FIfty dollar: Ulysses S. Grant
Hundred dollar: Benjamin Franklin
Food stamps: Barack Obama food stamp president

THE ENTIRE REASON THE BORDERS ARE LEFT OPEN IS TO CUT WAGES!

"We could cut unemployment in half simply by reclaiming the
jobs taken by illegal workers," said Representative Lamar Smith of Texas, co-chairman of the Reclaim American Jobs Caucus. "President Obama is on the wrong side of the American people on immigration. The president should support policies that help citizens and legal immigrants find the jobs they need and deserve rather than fail to enforce immigration laws."

nd still the jobs go to Obama's LA RAZA PARTY BASE of ILLEGALS

“What employers really want in many cases by hiring immigrants is to hold down wage costs, experts say.”

UNDER OBAMA, TWO-THIRDS OF JOBS GO TO HIS PARTY BASE OF ILLEGALS!

That's right, keep them po' folk on the plantation lib democrats!
Thanks Barry

United States

#8 Sep 22, 2013
The democratic war against the poor and middle class continues. Anyone notice the unbearable increases in cost of living thanks to democrats?

"help the economy?" That has never been Barry's intention. His main purpose has always been to put millions more on the welfare rolls for votes and illegals on the vote rolls and more cheap labor for the masters. He has succeeded. The low-lifes libs are the only supporters he has left.

DEMOCRATES???

OBAMA has driven us deeper into debt than all the presidents before him put together! BUT THEN HE WOULD ARGUE HE'S ONLY BUSH'S THIRD and FOURTH TERMS!

THE WRECKING OF AMERICA: BARACK OBAMA and his LOOTING WALL STREET DONORS PILLAGE A NATION BUSH STYLE!

Forbes magazine reported that the wealth of the 400 richest Americans had climbed to $2 trillion, a jump from $1.7 trillion in 2012.

On fifth anniversary of Wall Street crash, Obama tries the Big Lie technique

17 September 2013

On Monday, US President Barack Obama marked the fifth anniversary of the Wall Street crash of September 15, 2008 with a White House speech that only underscored the unbridgeable chasm that separates the entire political establishment from the broad mass of working people.

Since the end of the recession, Obama and the democrats have successfully made over 6 million Americans fall below the poverty level, added a record 11,000 people per day to SNAP to grow food stamp dependence by 50%, increased black unemployment to 13% and hispanic unemployment to 9%, caused the average family income to drop $4,000, killed the 40 hour work week and now have a record 11 million people on disability payments.

Democrats win by destroying the middle class and creating more misery and dependence on wasteful and inefficient government programs. Way to go Obama! >sarcasm
Hillbillyboy

United States

#9 Sep 22, 2013
Well, the folks that were deeply involved in writing Obamacare (besides the lobbyist for the insurance companies) were folks who were part of the Obama administration...

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/318577...

Are now getting very rich from it.

(I suppose that somehow helps the poor?)
LOL

Sevierville, TN

#10 Sep 22, 2013
I see you have the same troll as the Morristown topix has, otherwise known as tophat, many, the great many. And countless other names. Knew he was from your area, he just jumps around from forum to another, hijacking threads, even copy and paste his own post under different names to pretend others support him. He 's killed any debate, just attacks and insults. Good luck with the troll!
hillsillyboy

Abingdon, VA

#11 Sep 22, 2013
LOL wrote:
I see you have the same troll as the Morristown topix has, otherwise known as tophat, many, the great many. And countless other names. Knew he was from your area, he just jumps around from forum to another, hijacking threads, even copy and paste his own post under different names to pretend others support him. He 's killed any debate, just attacks and insults. Good luck with the troll!
The the previous four posts before yours are all the same stupid asshat...
Hillbillyboy

United States

#12 Sep 22, 2013
hillsillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks the guy that goes by the moniker "idiot" is playing his silly word games again, and calling himself hillsillyboy.

Which is a good name for him.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#13 Sep 22, 2013
LOL wrote:
If you are attempting to discredit me, i wont work. And that is because it aint true. Im just me, and if somebody agrees with me, then that is for real.

Why dont you liberals quit delving into lies and insults, and actually address a point?

You can start with this one...

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/318577...

Care to cease trying to obfuscate the issues with lies and insults, and address the debate?
LOL

Sevierville, TN

#14 Sep 22, 2013
hillsillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget to switch names again? but your right your a asshat.. And you discredit yourself, nobody need to do for you.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#15 Sep 22, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text> Forget to switch names again? but your right your a asshat.. And you discredit yourself, nobody need to do for you.
You are so obvious that its kind of commical.

I just cant get too mad at you, because I cant really take you seriously.

It would be like trying to get mad at pee wee herman.

You have a good night, and well talk again in the morrow, perhaps?
Booker Phillips

United States

#16 Sep 22, 2013
Patrick Lilley wrote:
I'd love to meet you somewhere, Patty. I'll wait patiently as you manage to put your Boone's Farm down, wipe the potato chip crumbs off your stained tank top, turn off Jerry Springer, lift your fat ass off the recliner, and smoke your Pall Mall. Then you can bum some gas money from your next door neighbor down in Keystone, get in your 1997 Grand Marquis with "chrome" hubcaps, stop at the Scotchman and play the lottery with your neighbor's money, and then drive to the parking lot where I'll be waiting in my 2012 Dodge Ram extended cab diesel pickup truck with my two black labs in the back.

I'll have already put in a 10-hour day at work, but I'll still have enough energy left over to watch you try to remove that bulbous stomach from behind the steering wheel all the while wheezing and huffing. I'll laugh as I see you in your cutoff jean shorts with a knee brace on. You'll waddle over, give me one look, and then lift your shaking hand to apologize for your obstinate behavior. You stutter as you tell me you act irrational because Ramsey stole your lunch money everyday in elementary school and you have hated everything about him ever since. I'll feel sorry for you, throw a ten bill your way and let you pet my dogs. You'll head back to your apartment, tell your six kids what a brave man you are, change your user name, and then challenge someone else to the parking lot and hope they might be a little smaller (they never are).

Who am I kidding? You'll never get past lifting that fat ass off the recliner.
tard

Abingdon, VA

#17 Sep 22, 2013
Booker Phillips wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to meet you somewhere, Patty. I'll wait patiently as you manage to put your Boone's Farm down, wipe the potato chip crumbs off your stained tank top, turn off Jerry Springer, lift your fat ass off the recliner, and smoke your Pall Mall. Then you can bum some gas money from your next door neighbor down in Keystone, get in your 1997 Grand Marquis with "chrome" hubcaps, stop at the Scotchman and play the lottery with your neighbor's money, and then drive to the parking lot where I'll be waiting in my 2012 Dodge Ram extended cab diesel pickup truck with my two black labs in the back.
I'll have already put in a 10-hour day at work, but I'll still have enough energy left over to watch you try to remove that bulbous stomach from behind the steering wheel all the while wheezing and huffing. I'll laugh as I see you in your cutoff jean shorts with a knee brace on. You'll waddle over, give me one look, and then lift your shaking hand to apologize for your obstinate behavior. You stutter as you tell me you act irrational because Ramsey stole your lunch money everyday in elementary school and you have hated everything about him ever since. I'll feel sorry for you, throw a ten bill your way and let you pet my dogs. You'll head back to your apartment, tell your six kids what a brave man you are, change your user name, and then challenge someone else to the parking lot and hope they might be a little smaller (they never are).
Who am I kidding? You'll never get past lifting that fat ass off the recliner.
Douchebaggery
buttercup

Johnson City, TN

#18 Sep 22, 2013
this guy keeps wanting someone to meet him out. He's either 12, retarded, or just plain stupid.. He really needs a life.

If someone were to actually meet him, he probably wouldn't show, or he'd pee his pants.. lol
Booker Phillips

United States

#19 Sep 23, 2013
buttercup wrote:
this guy keeps wanting someone to meet him out. He's either 12, retarded, or just plain stupid.. He really needs a life.
If someone were to actually meet him, he probably wouldn't show, or he'd pee his pants.. lol
Let's not be too hard on him, buttercup. He's in a very confused state, hence his user name which includes both a male and female name. He used to be a staunch Republican, but he has had a hard time suppressing his latent homosexual feelings for Ramsey which explains his strong defense of liberal values.

His choice of parking lots as the place to release his pent-up rage is only because of convenience. With the cutting of food stamps, Patty must bring the kids to the parking lots to pick up aluminum cans to help supplement his disability check. By God, he has had a bag of pork rinds everyday since he paid that doctor to give him his disability rating and he's not going to stop having them now.

He would help the kids, but what with his "bad back" and all, you never know when someone might have a camera or video recorder. Them Republicans wanting everyone to pull their own weight and all is going to be the death of this country.

Hell, I bet 'ol Patty even has a thought or two every once in a while about regaining his dignity and rejoining the work force, but he would hate to miss his daytime stories, especially with Victor now having two mistresses. And with all those places giving drug tests, he'd have to give up his "medicinal" marijuana. You just don't know how bad glaucoma is, buttercup. Nah,'ol Patty's content just suckling on the government tit, dreaming of a day when he and Ramsey can lawfully wed and everyone will be comrades. Ms. Lilly Ramsey has such a nice ring to it, don't it?
Needed

Banner Elk, NC

#20 Sep 23, 2013
45% of those on food stamps are children. Lets cut food stamps. Those kids can fend for themselves! They should pull their own weight!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelley Wolfe Coward Of The County (Mar '14) 1 hr Enough Said 26
Moving back to JC 9 hr Love East TN 7
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 20 hr Tanya 1,559
New Adult Bar Johnson City 22 hr Mikala 15
Fathers who don't pay child support Sun LearnedMyLesson 27
Best Plastic Surgeon Sat BR 1
Property tax increase Sat Watcher 3

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance