Joe Crumley Crashes Into Officer

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Mr LLoyd

Ringgold, GA

#1 Sep 21, 2011
http://johnsoncitypress.com/News/article.php...
Says it happened in Jonesborough and that Crumley attempted to flee. The Officer used his car to stop the vehicle and that is when Crumley crashed into him.
gonepostal

Johnson City, TN

#2 Sep 21, 2011
Mr LLoyd wrote:
http://johnsoncitypress.com/Ne ws/article.php?id=94486
Says it happened in Jonesborough and that Crumley attempted to flee. The Officer used his car to stop the vehicle and that is when Crumley crashed into him.
Wow, I am sure the details must be exciting! I wish we had more information, like whether he was arrested, drunk, etc. More than likely it will be swept under the table. Time will tell.
maddog

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Sep 22, 2011
THIS IS TOTAL CRAP !!!!! HOW MANY FELONIES WOULD THEY GIVE TO YOUR AVERAGE CITIZEN ???????
lemonade

Nashville, TN

#4 Sep 22, 2011
If it was going to be swept under the rug, you wouldn't have heard about it, would you?
Sunshine78

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Sep 22, 2011
Hey lemonade, I've had several people tell me that when you click the link it says that it's no longer available.Just because the news station got word of this doesn't mean jack! He wasn't arrested and it said nothing about charges pending so it seems that they have already forgotten about it.
Sunshine78

Elizabethton, TN

#6 Sep 22, 2011
Well I just read the update and appears that he may be charged but I guarantee they will be midemeaners instead of the felonies that the average person would have gotten.More than likely they are going to say it was a medical condition and he will get off!
Agree

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Sep 22, 2011
Let the police investigate and the truth will come out.
maddog

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Sep 22, 2011
The point is anyone else would have been arested on the spot. Cops around this area don't investigate crap !! All they do is put all the charges possible on a person and let the courts deal with the issues. OH unless your last name is Cupp, Phillips and now Crumley.
keepsrunning

Johnson City, TN

#10 Sep 22, 2011
Trying to imagine the mug shot of Crumley in that Busted paper, if he is arrested. Read he had a seizure afterwards? Come on, reporters, get the actual paperwork and print it as you would if this was Joe Doe.
Gilly

Ringgold, GA

#11 Sep 22, 2011
i would just as soon believe joe's side as the over zealous ticket writing jonesborough cops with short pecker syndrome. they're almost as bad as johnson city's speed trap pouncers.

Read more: http://johnsoncitypress.com/News/article.php... (REPRINTED FROM JC PRESS)
maddog

Elizabethton, TN

#12 Sep 23, 2011
Gilly wrote:
i would just as soon believe joe's side as the over zealous ticket writing jonesborough cops with short pecker syndrome. they're almost as bad as johnson city's speed trap pouncers.
Read more: http://johnsoncitypress.com/News/article.php... (REPRINTED FROM JC PRESS)
Exactly what I'm saying. Around here when you get pulled over you get multiple violations. When anyone gets arrested they get multiple charges. If you try to explain your situation to a cop he tells you he's just doing his job and the courts will straighten it out. Joe is owed a few favors from a Judge or two and several officers of the court. This is a Fact. He's gonna be fine and dandy.
Sunshine78

Elizabethton, TN

#13 Sep 23, 2011
Gilly, I'm not a fan of the so called police around here either, but there is no question that Mr. Crumley broke several laws yesterday and there is footage to prove it. The only question is wether or not he is going to have to pay for any of them? If it had been an average person that did all of these things the officers would have used excessive force to subdue the suspect. They have already been to easy on him. He is no different than anyone else and he should not be treated as if he is. Some people say they believe he had some sort of a medical issue going on. Well, if that was the case then why was he traveling in the opposite direction of the hospital and why did it take the police an hour to deside that he needed medical attention? I strongly believe the next thing we hear about this is that "Mr. Crumley will NOT be charged with any crimes". But I could be wrong.
lemonade

Nashville, TN

#14 Sep 23, 2011
If you think the "system" will be on Joe's side and give him preferential treatment, you don't know much about our system. He did get voted out of office, if you remember.

Give this situation time and quit acting reactionary right off the bat.
Sunshine78

Elizabethton, TN

#15 Sep 23, 2011
People I have desided that it may have been something medical. I think there was something wrong with his blood, like maybe...too much alcohol in it!
Rick

Ringgold, GA

#16 Sep 23, 2011
Gilly wrote:
Gilly, you seem to be on a first name basis with Mr. Crumley. Can you offer any insight into his bizarre behavior. Was he destroying evidence during the chase? Was he was pulling up his britches?
You can personally attack the Officers who may have saved lifes (considering the dangerous operation of the vehicle) It appears they exercised tremendous restraint, and resolved the matter with minimum harm to the public. For this they should commended.
Lastly, the only men I know concerned about other mens "peckers" spend their time at New Beginnings. How's that working out for you?
Nobody

Elkview, WV

#17 Sep 23, 2011
I hope he gets to spend some alone time with leroy in the pen. Justice system,,,,lmfao,,,,yeah,, right
keepsrunning

Johnson City, TN

#18 Sep 23, 2011
Joe Crumley has quite an interesting background. Those who know him well, know exactly of what is spoken of.
URFools

Nashville, TN

#19 Sep 23, 2011
All of you knee jerk reactionists wouldn't know your own ass from a hole in the ground if it had a sign. Non of you know the specifics of what happened any more then I do which is all based on the limited info the paper/news has provided thus far. All you're doing is spouting off opinion and speculation based on nothing but your own "ideas" and I use that term loosely since most of you seem to have limited brain capacity. Some of you are eluding to this and that but won't site your sources of information which makes your statement pointless and useless so how about you all just stfu, wait and see what happens, then try and use those pea sized brains to formulate a coherent thought and then articulate it if that's at all possible.
Elmer Gantry

Johnson City, TN

#20 Sep 24, 2011
Doesn't anyone else posting here think that the timing this incident involving a former district attorney general --- right at the start of the campaign season for the 2012 elections (including the office of district attorney general --- is rather suspicious?

The Johnson City Press has reported just this morning that the Jonesborough Police Department is not releasing the video footage from this incident...
Rick

Ringgold, GA

#21 Sep 24, 2011
URFools wrote:
All of you knee jerk reactionists wouldn't know your own ass from a hole in the ground if it had a sign. Non of you know the specifics of what happened any more then I do which is all based on the limited info the paper/news has provided thus far. All you're doing is spouting off opinion and speculation based on nothing but your own "ideas" and I use that term loosely since most of you seem to have limited brain capacity. Some of you are eluding to this and that but won't site your sources of information which makes your statement pointless and useless so how about you all just stfu, wait and see what happens, then try and use those pea sized brains to formulate a coherent thought and then articulate it if that's at all possible.
I think you mean ALLUDING. But in the event you meant to use ELUDING as in "ELUDING the police" then you are correct. Or perhaps even your giant brain is overwhelmed with all the facts as stated in numerous reports from WJHL, JC Press etc. I checked and anyone can speculate about the circumstances of the arrest because so many questions are left unanswered. Why didn't he stop his vehicle immediately? Why did he place so many innocent civilians in danger? Was he carrying a weapon? Did he have controlled substances? Was he wearing britches and if so were they up to his waist?(the last one is a joke)

My guess is his seizure(s) are nothing more than a clever ploy of skilled attorney to explain his actions as some kind of medical malady. As his ilk are often to say..tell it to the judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attention Ladies 1 hr Thugsley Addams 2
mlk 1 hr Thugsley Addams 19
Kimber Halliburton 5 hr Johnson City Elder 14
Mahoneys, Johnson city, (Nov '07) 7 hr BS in criminal ju... 156
Review: Watauga Recovery Center (Sep '12) 15 hr 7534jess 27
Kenneth Roberts 19 hr Ericka B 2
East Coast Wings JC Mon Buc E 11

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance