Did Ramey Ford sell out or what

Did Ramey Ford sell out or what

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

Judy Bunyon

Oak Ridge, TN

#1 May 8, 2014
I seen a commercial for Johnson City Ford this morning. The guy in the commercial looked like Dale Jr. in bad need of a shave.

Did Ramey Ford sell out? What happened to that man that ran Ramey and did the commercials with his two daughters?
miles

Kingsport, TN

#2 May 8, 2014
The BOSS is back!!!!
Happy Camper

Kingsport, TN

#3 May 9, 2014
Thank goodness no more of those stupid we do the deal commercials.
Judy Bunyon

Oak Ridge, TN

#4 May 9, 2014
In the back of my mind I wondered if Grindstaff bought it. I think the guy who ran Ramey worked for Grindstaff before Ramey started up.
Bet he's our of work now,
amt

Jonesborough, TN

#5 May 13, 2014
Heard a that one of the other car dealers in the Tri cities bought Ramey .
amt

Jonesborough, TN

#6 May 13, 2014
May be Johnson city Honda. Not hundred percent sure on that though.
Bye Bye

United States

#7 May 13, 2014
Happy Camper wrote:
Thank goodness no more of those stupid we do the deal commercials.
Amen! The dumbest, corniest commercials on the planet. I wouldn't even consider going to them for a vehicle from the commercials alone.
Ford Woman

Johnson City, TN

#8 May 17, 2014
Bye Bye wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! The dumbest, corniest commercials on the planet. I wouldn't even consider going to them for a vehicle from the commercials alone.
I take my car to Kingsport for service and have bought from Fairway in the past, too. I even went to Towne Gate Moters when it was in Greeneville a few times. I stopped going to the Ford dealer here when "that guy " put unbelievable high pressure moves on me to buy from him ' right now!' or else and I wouldn't because that is not how I like to be treated-I know what I want and when I decide I'll let the dealer know!! I found the same SUV with more options for thousands less at another dealer just a week later! i have never trusted them since-just TOO pushy and the service dept is snotty-not helpful. I'm not too excited about the dealership change -whoever owns it-since "that guy" is still there annd the service people are probably the same ones too-too bad-I'd like to do business in my hometown!
1wildwoman

Johnson City, TN

#9 May 25, 2014
Ramey did sell due to bad health... The grindstaff guy as u called him still runs the business and is a super guy... Grindstaff does not own this buisness, but I bet if u call Johnson city ford they will tell u who owns the business
Tattooed Monster

Oak Ridge, TN

#10 May 26, 2014
1wildwoman wrote:
Ramey did sell due to bad health... The grindstaff guy as u called him still runs the business and is a super guy... Grindstaff does not own this buisness, but I bet if u call Johnson city ford they will tell u who owns the business
1wildwoman,
You call them, find out who owns it now and report back to us. I'm glad Ed Johnson is still there, he's a great guy.
In the Know

Johnson City, TN

#11 May 30, 2014
Ramey Ford was bought by the Hudson Automotive group out of Madisonville, Kentucky. This is the same group that bought Phil Bachman Toyota, PB Honda & Honda of Morristown. They did own Toyota of Bristol but sold it.
David not happy at all

Kingsport, TN

#12 Jun 14, 2014
Took my car, blue ford focus To Fairway ford, for body work.They didn,t complet work BUT THEY DID SWAP MY WHELL COVERS TO A MUCH CHEAPER ONE.....I SAY DON,T DO ANY DEALINGS WITH THAT DEALER FORD FAIRWAY IN KINGSPORT, THEY WILL CHANGE YOUR PARTS.!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ode to Firefighters 10 hr BFG 1
20% of Democrats will Vote for Trump Tue Cognizant 24
Behind the scenes at Centurylink call center Tue Curiosity killed ... 1
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Tue Tanya 1,454
child custody Tue Been there 2
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP May 23 sleepy 52
Review: Tan 2000 (Sep '11) May 23 Stop this 52
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages