Washington Co. School board

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wcea

Johnson City, TN

#1 Oct 12, 2011
Those WC TN teachers who are being burdened with extra paper work by principals need to call Jack Leonard, Clarence Mabe, Chad Williams, Keith Ervin, Phillip Mclain, David Hammond and Bill Brinkley. Help is on the way but they must hear from teachers.
PAPERWORK OVERLOAD

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Oct 12, 2011
Their first job now is Battelle, DEA probes/testing on computers, preparing for evaluations, pacing guides, intricate lesson plans/with state standards, etc. and anything else that they can come up with that will keep teachers from teaching. Stop the madness! Not only is this burning out good teachers, but it's not helping our children!
Need Help

Cowpens, SC

#3 Oct 12, 2011
wcea wrote:
Those WC TN teachers who are being burdened with extra paper work by principals need to call Jack Leonard, Clarence Mabe, Chad Williams, Keith Ervin, Phillip Mclain, David Hammond and Bill Brinkley. Help is on the way but they must hear from teachers.
Don't bother calling Silvers. She is clueless and out of touch with reality.
More 2 the story

Piney Flats, TN

#4 Oct 12, 2011
Help? Like what?
BCE

Johnson City, TN

#5 Oct 12, 2011
Boones Creek Elementary students are suffering because of Teresa Leonard and Kellie Harrell. Teachers need more instruction time not teachers burdened by more paper work. BCE has always had top scores due to the teachers. Parents are now being told of this issue and advised to call members. There are only 2 or 3 county schools doing this. Leonard and Harrell are going to be even less popular with teachers, parents and board members when all is said and done. Seems these 2 are looking for ways to lose respect.
teach more

Johnson City, TN

#6 Oct 12, 2011
More 2 the story wrote:
Help? Like what?
Board members are going to review amount of paper work teachers are required to do. Our school board is willing to speak on our behalf before the state and over rule useless policies placed on teachers by over zealous principals.
More 2 the story

Piney Flats, TN

#7 Oct 13, 2011
How do you know and just when is this suposed to happen?
Paula

United States

#8 Oct 13, 2011
BCE wrote:
Boones Creek Elementary students are suffering because of Teresa Leonard and Kellie Harrell. Teachers need more instruction time not teachers burdened by more paper work. BCE has always had top scores due to the teachers. Parents are now being told of this issue and advised to call members. There are only 2 or 3 county schools doing this. Leonard and Harrell are going to be even less popular with teachers, parents and board members when all is said and done. Seems these 2 are looking for ways to lose respect.
The Teachers are not the only ones burdened by these State requirements! Principals have all of the extra paperwork too! When does this this leave any rime for discipline? It doesn't! I think whoever put all of this new curriculum in place needs to be RE EVALUATED! These are kids! Not genusis!! Get Real!
for it

Johnson City, TN

#9 Oct 13, 2011
Paula wrote:
<quoted text>The Teachers are not the only ones burdened by these State requirements! Principals have all of the extra paperwork too! When does this this leave any rime for discipline? It doesn't! I think whoever put all of this new curriculum in place needs to be RE EVALUATED! These are kids! Not genusis!! Get Real!
From the looks of your grammar and spelling teachers need more evaluations! Quit commenting for the teachers sake.
fed up

Johnson City, TN

#10 Oct 13, 2011
More 2 the story wrote:
How do you know and just when is this suposed to happen?
I teach. Waiting for WCEA rep. and board members.
More 2 the story

Piney Flats, TN

#11 Oct 14, 2011
I teach in Wash. Co., too. This is the first I have heard of anything being done to help us out. I sure hope and pray you are right. Please keep me posted.
Paula

Salisbury, NC

#12 Oct 14, 2011
for it wrote:
<quoted text>From the looks of your grammar and spelling teachers need more evaluations! Quit commenting for the teachers sake.
Oh so you want to stop me from freedom of speech. Your scare tactics don't work on me.
Paula

United States

#13 Oct 14, 2011
for it wrote:
<quoted text>From the looks of your grammar and spelling teachers need more evaluations! Quit commenting for the teachers sake.
GO TO BED GOOFY. WE ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE. WISH YOU HAD HAS MUCH SENSE AS YOU THINK YOU DO!
Paula

United States

#14 Oct 14, 2011
teach more wrote:
<quoted text>Board members are going to review amount of paper work teachers are required to do. Our school board is willing to speak on our behalf before the state and over rule useless policies placed on teachers by over zealous principals.
Its pretty sad that school board members visit this site. Its nothing but gossip and lies. I read it for a good laugh.
bobbyjoe

United States

#15 Oct 14, 2011
teach more wrote:
<quoted text>Board members are going to review amount of paper work teachers are required to do. Our school board is willing to speak on our behalf before the state and over rule useless policies placed on teachers by over zealous principals.
SAYS WHO? Are you a school board member? Believe it when we see it! All talk is what you are
Reader

York, SC

#16 Oct 15, 2011
You would be surprised who reads these comments.
Suspense

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Oct 15, 2011
Reader wrote:
You would be surprised who reads these comments.
Just who are you? Don't leave us in suspense. Are you a board member or the director?
carmen p

United States

#18 Oct 15, 2011
I read these comments for a good laugh when I have had a bad day. According to these post, I would NOT want to be associated with anyone who posts on here. It is a joke. LMAO
Salander

York, SC

#19 Oct 16, 2011
carmen p wrote:
I read these comments for a good laugh when I have had a bad day. According to these post, I would NOT want to be associated with anyone who posts on here. It is a joke. LMAO
Then what are YOU doing dumb*ss
carmen p

United States

#20 Oct 19, 2011
Salander wrote:
<quoted text> Then what are YOU doing dumb*ss
LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Price/Perry???? (Oct '13) 45 min Bucnasty1123 3
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 57 min michelle 1,405
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 1 hr Taking Names 4
Main Street pizza 6 hr I hear stupid people 4
Mattress signs 6 hr Mattressman 7
Any good AA meetings near here that aren't at C... 7 hr RoxasOfLight 3
New WCDE DIRECTOR? 9 hr Gone for good 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages