How do you save texts on iPhone

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

iPhone help

United States

#1 Sep 15, 2012
I need to back up my iPhone to save some important texts. Has anyone used any programs which will serve as a backup for SMS texts? Savings pics & contacts would be helpful too. I found an on-line site but I became a little alarmed over a few things on website when it came time to check out.

Any advice would be greatl appreciated! Thanks!
Ryan

Johnson City, TN

#2 Sep 15, 2012
iPhone help wrote:
I need to back up my iPhone to save some important texts. Has anyone used any programs which will serve as a backup for SMS texts? Savings pics & contacts would be helpful too. I found an on-line site but I became a little alarmed over a few things on website when it came time to check out.
We're you looking for an automated solution? That I don't know, but simply saving a text can be accomplished one of two ways I can think of right off the top of my head: first, go to the message, >edit, choose all the texts you wish to save by touching the circle next to them, >forward, and email to yourself. This isn't great because the output is all together in one long message and difficult to decipher, but it's Apple's world and that's how they created it. Second method would be a screenshot of ANYTHING on your phone and emailed to yourself. Simply make the screen show whatever you'd like to save and press both the standby button on top and the home bottom centered below the screen and your screen will blink indicating the photo was taken of your screen. To see, go to photos. Hope this helps and my apologies if not what you were looking for.
iphone

Johnson City, TN

#3 Sep 16, 2012
iPhone help wrote:

You can back everything up on your phone through iCloud in your settings
Relocating

Johnson City, TN

#4 Sep 16, 2012
iphone wrote:
<quoted text>
You can back everything up on your phone through iCloud in your settings
Yes, iCloud is very handy with regard to contacts, music, videos, photos, and apps. I am unaware of any ability to back up messages though. Is this possible?
WTF

Richlands, VA

#5 Sep 16, 2012
As Ryan said, the best thing to do would be to take screen shots of whatever it is that you want to save. This saves them in photo format and they can be emailed or transferred to other storage devices.
iPhone help

Waxhaw, NC

#6 Sep 16, 2012
Thanks for your input! I knew about the screen shots & icloud. I know there is software for text backup available but do not know what would be the best to use. I don't know if cloud will save texts but will look into that. I'm skeptical of paying for & downloading software for obvious reasons.....I'm paranoid someone will steal payment info! Lol

I still have a couple of more days so I will research some more. I've used screen shots like Ryan suggested for other uses & that is very helpful!! Thanks again guys!:)
PizzaTheHut

Chandler, AZ

#10 Oct 11, 2013
I use Decipher TextMessage. It's a little hard to evaluate all of the third-party tools for saving text messages from the iPhone, but Decipher TextMessage has treated me well and hasn't been sketchy.

http://deciphertools.com
Hobama

Johnson City, TN

#11 Oct 24, 2013
u can always email you the text

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Still no horses allowed the Tweetsie Trail (Aug '14) 2 hr Wyatt Earp 103
act call center johnson city tn (Oct '10) 3 hr bross1 318
seen anyone 8 hr wondering 1
Kristien Harris Crawford "Home Wrecker" 8 hr roymullins38 6
local girls (Nov '12) 8 hr roymullins38 10
WQUT's Tennessee Midnight Rambler Retires (Jan '12) 9 hr tommyrocker 69
Tax payers paying to have posts WCDE about Ron... 9 hr Level Headed 4
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Wed Strongcook 550

Freeze Watch for Washington County was issued at March 26 at 2:47PM CDT

Johnson City Dating