First Prev
of 2
Next Last
huh

Abingdon, VA

#24 Jan 27, 2014
Middle man wrote:
<quoted text> From what I remember in the 2008 Democratic primary the war on women came from the Democratic party. The Democrats brutally attacked Hillary Clinton into submission. Once she was eliminated they turned their aggression toward Sarah Palin. It was completely disgusting how these two women were torn to shreds.
You remember incorrectly...and Palin isn't a Democrat, she's just a brainless idiot
SayWhat

Knoxville, TN

#25 Jan 28, 2014
Amazing how many people don't GET IT......voting for or against Roe makes no difference. Vote him out....he will simply be replaced by another tool. If voting made ANY frigging difference, it wouldn't be allowed.
It IS allowed to foster the illusion we have some say in matters, when, in fact, we have NONE at the national level. The wizards behind the curtains run things, the politicians are merely out there for public show. The sooner you realize this and quit wasting your time with their antics, the better off you will be.
Want to send a message ? Elect NO ONE....leave the seat unfilled. THAT might shake them up a bit.
Middle man

Johnson City, TN

#26 Jan 28, 2014
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember incorrectly...and Palin isn't a Democrat, she's just a brainless idiot
The Democratic party and media attacked Hillary Clinton in the primary. When she was eliminated the Democratic machine and media then turned their attention to Sarah Palin. That is a fact. Oh and thank you very much for pointing out the Sarah Palin is not a Democrat. Moron.
huh

Abingdon, VA

#27 Jan 28, 2014
Middle man wrote:
<quoted text> The Democratic party and media attacked Hillary Clinton in the primary. When she was eliminated the Democratic machine and media then turned their attention to Sarah Palin. That is a fact. Oh and thank you very much for pointing out the Sarah Palin is not a Democrat. Moron.
Are you new to politics or just dumb? The candidates all go after each other in the primaries because they all want to be the candidate. They include the women in this as well. This isn't rocket science.
War on women

Johnson City, TN

#28 Jan 28, 2014
Middle man wrote:
<quoted text> From what I remember in the 2008 Democratic primary the war on women came from the Democratic party. The Democrats brutally attacked Hillary Clinton into submission. Once she was eliminated they turned their aggression toward Sarah Palin. It was completely disgusting how these two women were torn to shreds.
You suffer from selective memory. Hillary Clinton went on to become Sec. Of State, hardly torn to shreds. The book Game Change describes how insiders in the McCain campaign were constantly battling with Sarah Palin for not understanding basic facts and unresponsive to debate training. McCain aides were fighting with her for going off script or "rogue" during interviews. She became depressed as a result of treatment by republicans in the McCain camp. Lest we forget republicans in the 2012 election: Todd "legitimate rape" Akin and Richard " conception as a result of rape is God's will"Mourdock and too many others to mention. 2013 Ken Cuccinelli lost the unmarried female vote 67 percent to 25 percent because of his extreme positions on abortion, contraception and domestic violence. The war on women continues and women are aware of the American Taliban!
Middle Man

Johnson City, TN

#29 Jan 28, 2014
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you new to politics or just dumb? The candidates all go after each other in the primaries because they all want to be the candidate. They include the women in this as well. This isn't rocket science.
Are you new to reading? I posted a response to a lady who believes that conservatives are at war with women. I simply pointed out that the Democrats were also guilty. Reading comprehension is a valuable tool when participating in intellectual discussions.
huh

Abingdon, VA

#30 Jan 28, 2014
Middle Man wrote:
<quoted text> Are you new to reading? I posted a response to a lady who believes that conservatives are at war with women. I simply pointed out that the Democrats were also guilty. Reading comprehension is a valuable tool when participating in intellectual discussions.
Keep listening to "War on women" and myself and we will teach you many things young illiterate grasshopper.
JFK

United States

#31 Feb 26, 2014
Yes he must be voted out.
district 1 constitutent

Johnson City, TN

#32 May 6, 2017
Here is an email I sent to Roe's office. "Why have all of Dr. Roe's town hall meetings been cancelled through August. I have taken a vacation day to attend his town hall meeting in Kingsport. From his website information all of his town hall meetings have been cancelled and are scrubbed off his website, including his August meetings. Telephone Town Meetings are moderated, screened and involve data collection. This telephone format is set up to protect Roe from having to answer difficult and awkward questions. I want to schedule a face-to-face meeting with Roe either here in District 1. I can also (at my own expense) fly round-trip to Washington, D.C. for a 30-minute face-to-face meeting. I cannot begin to imagine why any member of congress would refuse to meet with any veteran or constituent for 30 minutes in D.C. or locally." Roe's staff has told me that Roe is too busy. I don't believe that. Has anyone else had this problem?
Carol

Kingsport, TN

#33 May 8, 2017
district 1 constitutent wrote:
Here is an email I sent to Roe's office. "Why have all of Dr. Roe's town hall meetings been cancelled through August. I have taken a vacation day to attend his town hall meeting in Kingsport. From his website information all of his town hall meetings have been cancelled and are scrubbed off his website, including his August meetings. Telephone Town Meetings are moderated, screened and involve data collection. This telephone format is set up to protect Roe from having to answer difficult and awkward questions. I want to schedule a face-to-face meeting with Roe either here in District 1. I can also (at my own expense) fly round-trip to Washington, D.C. for a 30-minute face-to-face meeting. I cannot begin to imagine why any member of congress would refuse to meet with any veteran or constituent for 30 minutes in D.C. or locally." Roe's staff has told me that Roe is too busy. I don't believe that. Has anyone else had this problem?
He just remarried this past Saturday. I guess he is on his honeymoon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kimber Halliburton 15 min Town Ac 16
Review: Chuck Rich Properties (Sep '08) 12 hr been there done that 24
Who knows 17 hr Unknown 1
Mahoneys, Johnson city, (Nov '07) 21 hr GeezBob 157
East Coast Wings JC Wed Localbusinessman 13
Heather Pridemore (Mar '11) Wed Josh 17
Attention Ladies Wed Salvator Mundi 3

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance