First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WakeUps

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Jan 2, 2014
Whats he done for average citizens if tax breaks to the rich and following fox news to see how to vote don't count . Nothing as far as I can tell .
College Dropout

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jan 2, 2014
WakeUps wrote:
Whats he done for average citizens if tax breaks to the rich and following fox news to see how to vote don't count . Nothing as far as I can tell .
Do you mean, has he brought home the pork? The answer is no.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#4 Jan 20, 2014
America is being ruined by the far left extremist like this idiot...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/20/go...

And the so-called "republicans", like Roe and Alexander and Corker, dont seem to have the will, the voice, or the backbone to stand up and oppose them.

Phil Roe, and Senators Alexander and Corker remind me of the firefighters who showed up at a burning house and watched it burn without even trying to put out the fire.

Thats pretty much Phil Roe, a mousy little guy who is perfectly willing to let America crumble as we loose all of our freedoms. He is afraid he might offend the Politically Correct leftist extremist, so he says and does nothing.

In a time when we need someone like Patrick Henry, we have no need of some timid grocery store clerk to let us drown due to his timidity.

And that goes for the mainstream GOP at large.

The only people who seem to have the backbone to stand up to the PC infection that is sickening America, are the Libertarians and Tea Party, like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.

Phil Roe and the rest of the GOP "Rinos", are just not adequate to the job.
Smoking Joe

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jan 21, 2014
Hillbillyboy wrote:
America is being ruined by the far left extremist like this idiot...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/20/go...
And the so-called "republicans", like Roe and Alexander and Corker, dont seem to have the will, the voice, or the backbone to stand up and oppose them.
Phil Roe, and Senators Alexander and Corker remind me of the firefighters who showed up at a burning house and watched it burn without even trying to put out the fire.
Thats pretty much Phil Roe, a mousy little guy who is perfectly willing to let America crumble as we loose all of our freedoms. He is afraid he might offend the Politically Correct leftist extremist, so he says and does nothing.
In a time when we need someone like Patrick Henry, we have no need of some timid grocery store clerk to let us drown due to his timidity.
And that goes for the mainstream GOP at large.
The only people who seem to have the backbone to stand up to the PC infection that is sickening America, are the Libertarians and Tea Party, like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.
Phil Roe and the rest of the GOP "Rinos", are just not adequate to the job.
Amen, the hell with the Republican Party, Tea Party all the way.
Unlikely

Mountain City, TN

#7 Jan 22, 2014
The chance of Roe getting defeated is zero to none in Upper East Tennessee. The voters here vote Republican even though Republicans support programs that hurt the majority of the populac.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#8 Jan 22, 2014
Unlikely wrote:
The chance of Roe getting defeated is zero to none in Upper East Tennessee. The voters here vote Republican even though Republicans support programs that hurt the majority of the populac.
Good Point,but Rome wasnt built in a day. It wont be easy to shake Upper East Tennessee republicans out of their apathy.

But it might be easier than we think, because there is more of a fundamentalist Christian culture up here.

Unlike the Godless and hethen culture of California and New England areas, and the hip hop idiot culture. This isnt exactly the sort of place where voters will overlook sin and non-stop erosion of morality like they do in the other mentioned places, where they wantonly crave it (Blue States).

As soon as the East Tennessee people figure out that America is going down into a sea of filth and corruption and sin and immorality..., and blind and mute and dumb politicians like Alexander and Corker and Roe are perfectly willing to collect thier 30 pieces of silver without ever even paying lip service to our Old Fashioned values...then they will wake up.

Unless they are just like them, and as rotten as they are.

Thats why I say that election day is when the people weigh themselves on the scales and show thier own purity or corruption by the politicians they elect..
Unlikely

Mountain City, TN

#9 Jan 22, 2014
Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Point,but Rome wasnt built in a day. It wont be easy to shake Upper East Tennessee republicans out of their apathy.
But it might be easier than we think, because there is more of a fundamentalist Christian culture up here.
Unlike the Godless and hethen culture of California and New England areas, and the hip hop idiot culture. This isnt exactly the sort of place where voters will overlook sin and non-stop erosion of morality like they do in the other mentioned places, where they wantonly crave it (Blue States).
As soon as the East Tennessee people figure out that America is going down into a sea of filth and corruption and sin and immorality..., and blind and mute and dumb politicians like Alexander and Corker and Roe are perfectly willing to collect thier 30 pieces of silver without ever even paying lip service to our Old Fashioned values...then they will wake up.
Unless they are just like them, and as rotten as they are.
Thats why I say that election day is when the people weigh themselves on the scales and show thier own purity or corruption by the politicians they elect..
You are right. We need to to get rid of the representatives you mentioned. Tennessee needs governmental representatives who look after working people. Right wingers look after rich folk and corporations, who they claim are people.
War on women

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jan 24, 2014
Smoking Joe wrote:
<quoted text> Amen, the hell with the Republican Party, Tea Party all the way.
While you old white GOP men are debating what to call yourselves women already know what you are "the American Taliban!' You are driving women away from your party with the likes of Fox News commentator Mike Huckabee, NM rep. Steve Pearce and many others. Every time the GOP discusses lady parts another female republican switches to vote democrat! Maybe if former Va. Gov McDonnell hadn't been so obsessed with his vaginal probe law, he and his wife could have managed their illegal spending spree! I thought you were trying to reach out to women after the last presidential election. Whatever you call yourselves your party is dying out like the dinosaurs!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Defender

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jan 24, 2014
Unlikely wrote:

why is that? One would think that before any election, voters would have enough sense or survival skills to check out the politicians and vote for the one that would do the most for them. That's what I'm going to do-the hell with party lines-I'm watching MY bottom line and what's best for my modest family We work at decent jobs-yet the money doesn't go as far as it should because of the deadlock in governments both state and national. I hope everybody in office in TN and DC get beat! i would never try to influence any person to vote like me-I'm for me and mine-you should wake up and be sure to vote while you still can-for you and yours!
SMH

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jan 25, 2014
War on women wrote:
<quoted text>While you old white GOP men are debating what to call yourselves women already know what you are "the American Taliban!' You are driving women away from your party with the likes of Fox News commentator Mike Huckabee, NM rep. Steve Pearce and many others. Every time the GOP discusses lady parts another female republican switches to vote democrat! Maybe if former Va. Gov McDonnell hadn't been so obsessed with his vaginal probe law, he and his wife could have managed their illegal spending spree! I thought you were trying to reach out to women after the last presidential election. Whatever you call yourselves your party is dying out like the dinosaurs!
Thank you! I needed to know that someone in East Tennessee has a brain. It's like people have been drinking the Fox News Koolaid and can't think for themselves. I consider myself a moderate Republican but the far right people are scary. Their narrow, self righteous opinions are what is killing the GOP.
Still laughing at the American Taliban comment (so true).
really

Abingdon, VA

#14 Jan 25, 2014
Defender wrote:
<quoted text>
why is that? One would think that before any election, voters would have enough sense or survival skills to check out the politicians and vote for the one that would do the most for them.
That's the way it should work but unfortunately most voters are ignorant sheep who react blindly to what they're being told on Fox, MSNBC, or whatever biased political propaganda channel they choose to watch.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#15 Jan 26, 2014
Unlikely wrote:
<quoted text> You are right. We need to to get rid of the representatives you mentioned. Tennessee needs governmental representatives who look after working people. Right wingers look after rich folk and corporations, who they claim are people.
The Republican base has always (and still is) protestant Christians.

Yet, the GOP of today seems to have no clue as to how Christians think

.Here is a clue GOP... They tend to think along the lines of thier God, whom said this...

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."

Matthew 5:13

God has no use for salt that has lost its saltiness, and niether does the base of the GOP. So, when these panty-waist politicians like Roe and Alexander and Corker come up with some of thier latest PC craze, cave in strategy...they will only succeed in loosing thier base support.

The sleezy, immoral people who have zero respect for God and the Bible, tend to gravitate to the democrats anyway.
hypocrite

Abingdon, VA

#16 Jan 26, 2014
Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
.Here is a clue GOP... They tend to think along the lines of thier God, whom said this...
"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."
God has no use for salt that has lost its saltiness, and niether does the base of the GOP. So, when these panty-waist politicians like Roe and Alexander and Corker come up with some of thier latest PC craze, cave in strategy...they will only succeed in loosing thier base support.
The sleezy, immoral people who have zero respect for God and the Bible, tend to gravitate to the democrats anyway.
Your line of reasoning is flawed and smacks of hypocrisy....fairly indicative of why Republicans are doomed to repeat their mistakes of the past. First, by claiming alignment with a single group as their base (protestant Christians), they are most likely ignoring everyone else. Why wouldn't a political party try to represent ALL people as Americans instead of just one single group. In addition, you admonish Republicans for not being "Christian" enough, all the while casting judgment on others for being "sleezy" and "immoral". You may want to check out the passage in Matthew 7:1 regarding judging others.
Unlikely

Mountain City, TN

#17 Jan 26, 2014
Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican, or Democrat seems to me to be a diversion. With income disparity the way it is and with stagnant wages for working people and the middle class the sides should be the very wealthy and the rest of us. The occupy people had it right even if they did look like a bunch of freaky hippies. When a Presidential candidate wrote off half of the American people behind closed doors I think that is a problem. Republicans seem to be against anything that helps common American citizens. They do seem to be for corporations and the wealthy. The Democrats are not much better, but they do champion programs that help our fellow citizens.
Prayer request

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jan 26, 2014
Please everyone include Hillbillyboy to your prayer request. He seems so full of hate and intolerance for all of God's creatures.
right

Abingdon, VA

#19 Jan 27, 2014
Prayer request wrote:
Please everyone include Hillbillyboy to your prayer request. He seems so full of hate and intolerance for all of God's creatures.
He's typical Tea Party/Republican...they're political slogan should be "if you're not white and like me, there's no room under our umbrella".
Middle man

Johnson City, TN

#20 Jan 27, 2014
right wrote:
<quoted text>
He's typical Tea Party/Republican...they're political slogan should be "if you're not white and like me, there's no room under our umbrella".
What are you talking about? They don't care for anybody other than business owners or the white collar working class.
Middle man

Johnson City, TN

#21 Jan 27, 2014
The world's richest 85 people have the same amount of wealth as the bottom 50 percent. Or you can say the world's richest 85 people have more wealth than the combined wealth of 3.5 trillion people.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#22 Jan 27, 2014
Prayer request wrote:
I quoted Jesus on salt that has rejected its saltiness being good for nothing, and you say that I am full of hate?

Your views and attitude are exactly opposite of the truth and righteousness. And your little slant on the "prayer request" theme is an obvious indicator of the hate that you have towards God, and Christians.

And it was also you that added yet another lie, with building up the strawman argument about me hating Gods creatures, which wasnt remotely part of my post. You added that and try to spin it so to put words in my mouth that I didnt say, and to then expose the error of my base, which was never mine.

All in all, I find that your post are the ones bubbling with paure, undiluted hatred and soin, and iced over with poisonous lies and deceptions.

What comes out of a person reflects what is inside of them. So, take a look at yourself. You really do need to repent of your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your savior and be cleansed. You are wallowing in filth and moral corruption, so much thst it oozes out of every pore of your being like a infection puss, and lest you come out of that and accept Jesus, ye will have to suffer the burn of that sin in the eternal lake of fire.

Know ye not that you are spiritually blind and naked, and burning up with the infection of spiritual sin?

But, you are the sort of person that I have come to talk to, for I was once just like you (probably a lot worse, to be honest). But faith in Jesus is the difference. I myself am nothing. But the one who sent me is everything. Pray to Him, and He will not turn you away.

But remember, God only deals with a sinner a certain number of times, and if they reject Him for the last time, then they are sealed for doom and cannot ever get saved, no matter how much they try to get a "deathbed conversion". After a person is sealed in a reprobate condition, then it is forever too late for them.

God may allow them to live a few more years and use them as a pawn, when it advances his purpose and will. But they are doomed. So, dont wait or put it off and think that you will "get saved" when you are old and nearing the end. It dont work that way.

You must accept it when God moves on your heart. He is not required to move twice.

So, you have a decision to make.

And no, God is not going to accept those who just want to wallow in sin and filth. He will only rescue those who want to come out of it.

So, now you can go into an extreme rage after reading these words (they will infuriate the doomed demons, to be sure), or you can go and think like a reasoned person would. Self examination is admirable and necessary.

Perhaps for you, this will be the last time that God has sent someone to witness to you?

Maybe this will be the last time that the Holy Spirit touches your heart and you feel something? Perhaps never again will the door to Salvation be open to you?

Dont refuse the free pardon of sin. I urge you not to risk it, for it may never come again?
Middle man

Johnson City, TN

#23 Jan 27, 2014
War on women wrote:
<quoted text>While you old white GOP men are debating what to call yourselves women already know what you are "the American Taliban!' You are driving women away from your party with the likes of Fox News commentator Mike Huckabee, NM rep. Steve Pearce and many others. Every time the GOP discusses lady parts another female republican switches to vote democrat! Maybe if former Va. Gov McDonnell hadn't been so obsessed with his vaginal probe law, he and his wife could have managed their illegal spending spree! I thought you were trying to reach out to women after the last presidential election. Whatever you call yourselves your party is dying out like the dinosaurs!
From what I remember in the 2008 Democratic primary the war on women came from the Democratic party. The Democrats brutally attacked Hillary Clinton into submission. Once she was eliminated they turned their aggression toward Sarah Palin. It was completely disgusting how these two women were torn to shreds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fugitive Surrenders In Johnson City To Greene C... 2 hr Trash 3
Are Topix moderators pro homosexual? 2 hr Homer 66
Which came first? Atheists or homosexuals? 3 hr Rope 5
tnsugarbaby 6 hr For surefor sure 10
Looking for Chanda Nave (Mar '17) 8 hr Nosey 5
Holly and chief river rat Harris. 11 hr Clarence 2
Joe Grandy excepts more money's from methadone ... 12 hr Clarence 7

Johnson City Jobs

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages