160 angels remain on tree

Dec 7, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Elizabethton Star

The deadline is fast approaching for the Salvation Army/Carter County Angel Tree program and hundreds of angels are still waiting to be adopted.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Just sayin

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

I used to adopt from the angel tree...when we were allowed to buy what the children wanted and what I could afford. I also wrapped the presents so I knew that child was going to have a nice christmas. Now we have to get what someone else wants us to get. (large tubes of tooth paste, not small or medium) etc..We can no longer wrap the gifts to our kids, because if another child doesn't get as much, then they take what we buy for one and give it to another. So, I no longer adopt from the angel tree....You want to have all of these rules as to what we can and can't do, you can do it all yourself.

Since: Oct 09

JC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Just sayin wrote:
I used to adopt from the angel tree...when we were allowed to buy what the children wanted and what I could afford. I also wrapped the presents so I knew that child was going to have a nice christmas. Now we have to get what someone else wants us to get.(large tubes of tooth paste, not small or medium) etc..We can no longer wrap the gifts to our kids, because if another child doesn't get as much, then they take what we buy for one and give it to another. So, I no longer adopt from the angel tree....You want to have all of these rules as to what we can and can't do, you can do it all yourself.
I agree. I think the Salvation Army is a wonderful thing, but too many rules have been placed on donating. A very few of the recipients of these gifts are freeloaders. Who knows how many resell or re-gift them? I don't mean to sound harsh, but it happens. I think each of us knows of a family in need and maybe we should leave gifts on their doorsteps anonymously. No need to blow our own horns about it. Don't get me wrong, the Salvation Army is a great organization and I suppose they have reasons for their rules. I'm just saying, maybe we can all do some of the work they strive for on our own.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

Just got an email from the chamber. All of the angels in CC have been adopted.

Good job folks.
know someone

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

Judged:

Independent wrote:
Just got an email from the chamber. All of the angels in CC have been adopted.
Good job folks.
I know a family here in Blountville that have 4 kids that were not adopted. This is a couple raising 4 grandkids and only get social security for the older adults. They knew nothing about signing the kids up at the salvation army as angel kids. I surely wish the salvation army would do more advertising about this so older people would know.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

Judged:

know someone wrote:
<quoted text> I know a family here in Blountville that have 4 kids that were not adopted. This is a couple raising 4 grandkids and only get social security for the older adults. They knew nothing about signing the kids up at the salvation army as angel kids. I surely wish the salvation army would do more advertising about this so older people would know.
I'm not sure where the Blountville families would have to apply. The CC tree was just folks in CC.

I hope they can at least get SOME help.
Ralph 1

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

I heard that a lot of items were returned to WalMart for cash refunds.I wonder if this is true?
dida

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

Judged:

I highly doubt that. They dont give cash refunds without receipts!
LeoTheLion

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

know someone wrote:
<quoted text> I know a family here in Blountville that have 4 kids that were not adopted. This is a couple raising 4 grandkids and only get social security for the older adults. They knew nothing about signing the kids up at the salvation army as angel kids. I surely wish the salvation army would do more advertising about this so older people would know.
And friend and I are looking to adopt a family for Christmas. Is there any way I could get info to help this family in Blountville?
hardtruth

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Why don't we just call it "adopt a bastard"? No need to make yourself feel happy by contributing to this cause. I'm sure we can all find a deserving family in our own neighborhood minus the fluff. Give from the heart to the ones who really need it, not the slugs.
no angel

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

hardtruth wrote:
Why don't we just call it "adopt a bastard"? No need to make yourself feel happy by contributing to this cause. I'm sure we can all find a deserving family in our own neighborhood minus the fluff. Give from the heart to the ones who really need it, not the slugs.
Most of use go around with blinders on .We dont have time to be bothered with others needs.We all have a little to give be it money or just a kind word .It helps if it comes from the heart and not for show .The need is there all we have to do is open our hearts and eyes
Dee

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

dida wrote:
I highly doubt that. They dont give cash refunds without receipts!
Walmart DOES give gift cards for returns without a receipt!
Deidre

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

know someone wrote:
You can believe, whether they admit it or not, that EVERYONE knows about ALL the giveaways. The fathers of these children should pay child support, or sit in jail. Where is the mother? I am tired of all the begging. I worked all my life, and people need to take RESPONSIBILITY!
mommy of 3

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

I signed my 3 kids up for it because my home brunt to the ground and I was so scared that I wasn't going to have enuf money between getting the new house and thing they needed asap! I have never done it before and didn't know anything about it and the girls at my work took me to do it! I do wanna thank yall for what you do and I pray my kids have a great Christmas. They have been thru so much and I just want them to enjoy Christmas and to keep believing in God and that he does answer prayers!
Abby

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

mommy of 3 wrote:
I signed my 3 kids up for it because my home brunt to the ground and I was so scared that I wasn't going to have enuf money between getting the new house and thing they needed asap! I have never done it before and didn't know anything about it and the girls at my work took me to do it! I do wanna thank yall for what you do and I pray my kids have a great Christmas. They have been thru so much and I just want them to enjoy Christmas and to keep believing in God and that he does answer prayers!
If you work, why are you begging? WHERE are the children's fathers? It sounds like you have too many children. I just bet you didn't know anything about it! I am SURE you know about every giveaway out there. There are MANY people who work that do not have what you do. You need to be thankful that you got a NEW house. That SHOULD be enough!
sad

Blacksburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Abby wrote:
<quoted text>
If you work, why are you begging? WHERE are the children's fathers? It sounds like you have too many children. I just bet you didn't know anything about it! I am SURE you know about every giveaway out there. There are MANY people who work that do not have what you do. You need to be thankful that you got a NEW house. That SHOULD be enough!
Who are you to judge someone's circumstances! WHO are YOU to say this person has to many kids?WHO ARE YOU to control a house fire? OR HOW A MARRIAGE IS OR WENT? Pluck the thorn out of your own eye before trying someone elses log!
sad

Blacksburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to judge someone's circumstances! WHO are YOU to say this person has to many kids?WHO ARE YOU to control a house fire? OR HOW A MARRIAGE IS OR WENT? Pluck the thorn out of your own eye before trying someone elses log!
I SEE NO BEGGING?!!! Sounds like you're pissed because you have no way to provide for the thorn" to many kids you may have"!!!
mamaw

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

I have a friend whose son works at Toys R Us and he said a older gentleman came in and bought 11 bicycles. He had adopted 11 angels from Carter County. We need more of that kind of kindness!!!!
mommy of 3

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Abby wrote:
<quoted text>
Look you don't know me or my kids so who are you to judge me!
And for your information my 2 of my children's father passed away and my husband works! Idk if you ever have lost a home to a fire but it takes everything! I am very thankful for the beat up 2 bedroom trailor that a very kind man let us move into so my children would have a warm place to sleep this winter and I'm very thankful that my children my husband and my self made it out the house! So before you jump on here with the purpose of pissing people off think before you do! All I wanna to do was thank the people for helping us! I'm not one of those people that beg for help I do for myself! And for once in my whole life I asked for help one time and get judged over it! You aren't not God!
sad

York, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

mommy of 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look you don't know me or my kids so who are you to judge me!
And for your information my 2 of my children's father passed away and my husband works! Idk if you ever have lost a home to a fire but it takes everything! I am very thankful for the beat up 2 bedroom trailor that a very kind man let us move into so my children would have a warm place to sleep this winter and I'm very thankful that my children my husband and my self made it out the house! So before you jump on here with the purpose of pissing people off think before you do! All I wanna to do was thank the people for helping us! I'm not one of those people that beg for help I do for myself! And for once in my whole life I asked for help one time and get judged over it! You aren't not God!
You DONT have to justify your circumstances to LIL miss dear abby! I hope all works out for you, and you ALL have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!:-)
mommy of 3

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

sad wrote:
<quoted text>
You DONT have to justify your circumstances to LIL miss dear abby! I hope all works out for you, and you ALL have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!:-)
Thank you and you and your family have a very merry Christmas and God bless you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Johnson City Forum right now

Search the Johnson City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min Julia 124,129
Graybeal is the man for the JOB 40 min Wow 9
Fox News Channel on Charter? (Jun '09) 58 min We know you 15
Obama: How Do You Like Me Now? 1 hr John Wayne 42
Cliven Bundy Ranch Standoff 1 hr yep 66
Debate: Gay Marriage - Johnson City, TN (Jul '10) 2 hr Tacks 218
University High, Johnson City School (Dec '08) 3 hr Alex Steele 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••