Obama Regime is Irresponsible
Shyster

Johnson City, TN

#224 Jul 2, 2014
Alright NCTN, here are some facts I know, your neck of the woods is beautiful, but this was a terrible time to go hiking and camping in them as I have sweated my ass off for the last few days, hence my delay to your response.

For starters, what do you do to an obstructionist party that you know will block any bill that you attempt to pass? You attempt to pass bills that look good on paper (but have no substance) making the opposing party look like the bad guy. Kudos to the Dems for figuring this out and what a shame Bush didn't use this same strategy when he was being obstructed by the Dem-controlled House and Senate at the end of his presidency.

You and I both know these bills amount to nothing more than political posturing. We are coming out of a recession, have tripled our debt, have over 36 million people having gone without jobs for over 28 weeks, the number of people entering poverty has increased by over 2 million people, the middle class has shrunk, and we have more people on food stamps than at any time in our history. We don't have the money to support any of these programs and neither party is willing to piss off the banks. Just ask your president who sought to bail them out instead of just letting them fail. These bills are nothing but window dressing by the Dems looking to have some ammunition going into the next election.

In a time when jobs are scarce, common sense indicates that you don't pass bills that harm employment capabilities which many of these would do. These bills are for the fruitful times when the economy is steady and jobs are bountiful. That's Economics 101.

What it boils down to is this question: Which is more important in lean times, better benefits or more jobs? When you know you can't have both, the obvious choice is more jobs. Some of the highest government confidence votes have been when jobs are plentiful and people are working. Obama hasn't provided either, hence his rapidly declining confidence and popularity votes (not to mention his wishy-washy foreign policy).

Anyways, this thread is about Obama and his irresponsibility. No matter how many bills get blocked by the Repubs, the fact still remains that Obama's economic policies are failing and he still continues to accept any bipartisan support to help alleviate the mess he has single handedly created. If you haven't noticed, while we may disagree with each other on other issues, most people in this forum look beyond political rhetoric and are able to see that Obama is a failure based on the results of his actions. He can get in front of a crowd and charm the masses all he wants, but he can't change the fact that he is failing miserably on the most important indicators of a satisfactory standard of living - lower earnings, lower home ownership, increased foreclosures, substandard job creation, higher grocery, gas, and utility costs, etc, etc, etc.

I know you get tired of seeing those facts, but not once in over 200 posts have you tried to refute them. How can you continue to support a man who vowed to fight the powerful corporations, yet has seen them realize nearly 200% in PROFITS since the beginning of his presidency? And to add insult to injury, your earnings haven't increased one iota, assuming you are the "little man" as I am. I'm sorry, but your loyalty to party and president is not admirable, its downright pathetic.
JC Fan

Elizabethton, TN

#225 Jul 2, 2014
Shyster wrote:
Alright NCTN, here are some facts I know, your neck of the woods is beautiful, but this was a terrible time to go hiking and camping in them as I have sweated my ass off for the last few days, hence my delay to your response.
For starters, what do you do to an obstructionist party that you know will block any bill that you attempt to pass? You attempt to pass bills that look good on paper (but have no substance) making the opposing party look like the bad guy. Kudos to the Dems for figuring this out and what a shame Bush didn't use this same strategy when he was being obstructed by the Dem-controlled House and Senate at the end of his presidency.
You and I both know these bills amount to nothing more than political posturing. We are coming out of a recession, have tripled our debt, have over 36 million people having gone without jobs for over 28 weeks, the number of people entering poverty has increased by over 2 million people, the middle class has shrunk, and we have more people on food stamps than at any time in our history. We don't have the money to support any of these programs and neither party is willing to piss off the banks. Just ask your president who sought to bail them out instead of just letting them fail. These bills are nothing but window dressing by the Dems looking to have some ammunition going into the next election.
In a time when jobs are scarce, common sense indicates that you don't pass bills that harm employment capabilities which many of these would do. These bills are for the fruitful times when the economy is steady and jobs are bountiful. That's Economics 101.
What it boils down to is this question: Which is more important in lean times, better benefits or more jobs? When you know you can't have both, the obvious choice is more jobs. Some of the highest government confidence votes have been when jobs are plentiful and people are working. Obama hasn't provided either, hence his rapidly declining confidence and popularity votes (not to mention his wishy-washy foreign policy).
Anyways, this thread is about Obama and his irresponsibility. No matter how many bills get blocked by the Repubs, the fact still remains that Obama's economic policies are failing and he still continues to accept any bipartisan support to help alleviate the mess he has single handedly created. If you haven't noticed, while we may disagree with each other on other issues, most people in this forum look beyond political rhetoric and are able to see that Obama is a failure based on the results of his actions. He can get in front of a crowd and charm the masses all he wants, but he can't change the fact that he is failing miserably on the most important indicators of a satisfactory standard of living - lower earnings, lower home ownership, increased foreclosures, substandard job creation, higher grocery, gas, and utility costs, etc, etc, etc.
I know you get tired of seeing those facts, but not once in over 200 posts have you tried to refute them. How can you continue to support a man who vowed to fight the powerful corporations, yet has seen them realize nearly 200% in PROFITS since the beginning of his presidency? And to add insult to injury, your earnings haven't increased one iota, assuming you are the "little man" as I am. I'm sorry, but your loyalty to party and president is not admirable, its downright pathetic.
Bravo Shyster!
The Faxx

Kingsport, TN

#226 Jul 3, 2014
JC Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care what you believe or don't believe. It is not my intent to formulate a fictional personna to drive home a point. It takes a little more to entertain me than that.
I will say I agree with most of what you stated with this post though. I simply disagree with the importance of unions and I don't agree with your opinion on the quality of the labor force in this area. I lot of people share my opinion. Labor union participation has gone from 53% at its peak to 7% currently. Unions are dieing except in government institutions, especially cities. They are dieing for a reason.
Regarding our locale's labor force, I just go by what I see. There are simply not enough interested and hireable candidates to fill all open positions. Our huge government safety net deters a lot of these individual's interest. The others prioritize drugs, alcohol, or simply doing nothing rather than working. I realize you don't agree, but again, I go by what I see.
Yes, I did miss-spell imbecile. Good catch on that one.
Finally, I apologize for calling you a redneck. You have more going for you than I first thought. When I err, I admit it.
I do a lot of advertising and a lot with the Kingsport Times News and the JC Press. Within about a year or year and a half, you will see both of these papers merge into one single edition that covers both cities. This information is not on the internet, at least until now, and would not be known by a so-called businessman imposter. When this happens, maybe you will be a little more convinced that I do know a little about what I post.
I do appreciate your not so angry reply, but I still think you are a fake. Just my opinion, mind you. As for the death knell of unions, do you imagine why? Could it be the powers that be have declared war on the last bastion of employee recourse? If and when they destroy unions, it is a free for all. Remember your hero, Ronald Reagan, the turncoat once president of the SAG? Oh, how he praised Polish Solidarity as freedom, but from the other side of his mouth went on a union busting warpath? That damned Romney more or less declared war on the unions, stating that their usefulness has come and gone. Obama and friends have declared themselves to be pro union but are asleep at the wheel. I really can't trust the hand in hand relationship of government and big business while they are attempting to obliterating the last recourse to honest and constitutionally guaranteed rights to workers. 100 years plus of union sacrifice and hard work has given workers inalienable rights to fair treatment in the workforce. Those rights are under attack. If you believe those rights were granted by money hungry businesses, then you are tripping.
As for the merger of newspapers..........did the paperboy tell you that? I'm only joking. Just couldn't let it go by without my patented smart ass remark! I think we both will agree that the local governments want to conglomerate the tri cities as a small time metropolis. Imagine the money to be made there!
NCTN

Mountain City, TN

#227 Jul 3, 2014
Shyster wrote:
Alright NCTN, here are some facts I know, your neck of the woods is beautiful, but this was a terrible time to go hiking and camping in them as I have sweated my ass off for the last femaking the opposing party look like the bad guy. Kudos to the Dems for figuring this out and what a shame Bush didn't use this same strategy when he was being obstructed by the Dem-controlled House and Senate at the end of his presidency.
Anyways, this thread is about Obama and his irresponsibility. No matter how many bills get blocked by the Repubs, the fa "little man" as I am. I'm sorry, but your loyalty to party and president is not admirable, its downright pathetic.
There was basically no substance to your post. As far as food stamps go, I have always believed that if every American got on them that was eligible the system would go broke. The number on food stamps does not surprise me in the least considering the recession and its' impact on jobs. I also believe it is unfair to claim that the President's economic policies have hurt the economy when those his proposed policies and initiative have been blocked by Republicans in Congress.The rise in corporate profits is a good thing, however they do not pay a living wage in many instances and are reluctant to offer benefits. Republicans are against even raising the minimum wage. As pointed out by The Faxx, unions are what gave many of the workers in America the rights they seem to take for granted. Republicans hate unions. If there ever was a time in modern history when workers need to band together it is now! Especially in the south with these "right to work" laws. That name is a misnomer. As far as welfare programs go, I do have a problem with one. Disability. I feel that attorneys are capitalizing on this program. I am not sure what is costs our society, and I feel we have an obligation to those who are truly disabled, however I I wonder sometimes whether some individuals are truly disabled or whether they are taking advantage of the system.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#228 Jul 3, 2014
Obama is on some Don Quioxte like quest with his extremely controversial and reckless actions where advancing the gay agenda (against our will) is concerned.

He had all of our embassys around the world fly the gay flag colors. And he is making gay marriage a national policy agenda on the international stage. This despite that the vast majority of the people are against it.

How dare he do that?

The voters in state after state voted no to gay marriage. Yet a handful of bought off federal judges simply overrule the voters and force it in place by judicial tyranny.

The will of the people means nothing.

(Isnt this supposed to be a democracy?)

And even though the vast majority of America has consistently voted against gay marriage, Obama is taking advantage of the judicial tyranny to push yet another extremely unpopular agenda that the nations people are totally opposed to.

And all because he and joe biden wanted the vast reserves of money that the gay special interest groups had to offer, if they would go along.

Obama and Biden took the money, and press the gay agenda that they were paid to advance..

(More corruption)

Whatever happened to the American voters having at least some say in what goes on in America?

But we could also ask the question about the unpopular amnesty programs, or the pending immigration reform laws that the people of the land do not want..

The nation is in turmoil, the economy is collapsing, WW III is poisod to break out in Eastern Europe it seems. The middle east is not much better off, The ISIS bunch is about to take over Iraq it seems, the border is wide open to millions of illegals flooding in, the IRSscandal drags on and on (along with many other Obama scandals)...

Not to mention the VA scandal, which is probably the absolute worst scandal and example of corruption in American history..Obamas regime is just going to try to sweep it under the rug.

Except that Obamacare will be so bad as to make the VA scandal pale in comparison...The VA is the template for big government health care...( Obamacare)...

And all Obama can think of to do is fly a gay pride flag, and go on endless vacations?

Really?

And the PC news media is strictly controlled. Anyone with a voice of dissent is suppressed ruthlessly and quickly.Or targetting by the IRS, or the NSA,or drones... Its like living in Nazi Germany or something.

He is not only the most incompetent president in American history, but also he is presiding over the more corrupt, and the most tyrannical regime in American history.
NCTN

Mountain City, TN

#229 Jul 3, 2014
Hillbillyboy wrote:
Obama is on some Don Quioxte like quest with his extremely controversial and reckless actions where advancing the gay agenda (against our will) is concerned.
He had all of our embassys around the world fly the gay flag colors. And he is making gay marriage a national policy agenda on the international stage. This despite that the vast majority of the people are against it.
How dare he do that?
The voters in state after state voted no to gay marriage. Yet a handful of bought off federal judges simply overrule the voters and force it in place by judicial tyranny.
The will of the people means nothing.
(Isnt this supposed to be a democracy?)
And even though the vast majority of America has consistently voted against gay marriage, Obama is taking advantage of the judicial tyranny to push yet another extremely unpopular agenda that the nations people are totally opposed to.
And all because he and joe biden wanted the vast reserves of money that the gay special interest groups had to offer, if they would go along.
Obama and Biden took the money, and press the gay agenda that they were paid to advance..
(More corruption)
Whatever happened to the American voters having at least some say in what goes on in America?
But we could also ask the question about the unpopular amnesty programs, or the pending immigration reform laws that the people of the land do not want..
The nation is in turmoil, the economy is collapsing, WW III is poisod to break out in Eastern Europe it seems. The middle east is not much better off, The ISIS bunch is about to take over Iraq it seems, the border is wide open to millions of illegals flooding in, the IRSscandal drags on and on (along with many other Obama scandals)...
Not to mention the VA scandal, which is probably the absolute worst scandal and example of corruption in American history..Obamas regime is just going to try to sweep it under the rug.
Except that Obamacare will be so bad as to make the VA scandal pale in comparison...The VA is the template for big government health care...( Obamacare)...
And all Obama can think of to do is fly a gay pride flag, and go on endless vacations?
Really?
And the PC news media is strictly controlled. Anyone with a voice of dissent is suppressed ruthlessly and quickly.Or targetting by the IRS, or the NSA,or drones... Its like living in Nazi Germany or something.
He is not only the most incompetent president in American history, but also he is presiding over the more corrupt, and the most tyrannical regime in American history.
Can you explain how Obamacare, the ACA works?
Hillbillyboy

Stillwater, OK

#230 Jul 5, 2014
Sure, just like any other lefty, big government program. It works in two parts...Theory...and Reality.

In the theory part, the big lies are given unto the naive...such as..."If you like youre plan, you can keep youre plan",,"If you like youre doctor, you can keep your doctor", or the now defunct...""Premiums will be more affordable!" and so on.

Big promises, but all lies.

And then there is the reality of Obamacare..

And first and foremost of the reality is the $$$ issues that guarantees a fat proffit for the ultra rich insurance companies that wrote the Obamacare Law. Times two for the big democrat supporters among them.

Hmm, imagine that? Big insurance companies that wrote and pushed Obamacare...wrote themselves huge, tax payer funded corporate profits into the hidden fine print of Obamacare.

Coincidence?

(Just how naive are you liberals?)

And then will come the other radical leftist atheist extremist dreams on the Obamacare, such as abortions stuff, doctors questioning gun owners, punishing people who might do something that is not politically correct, etc etc etc.

Miles of government intrusions, illegal political weaponization of health care, denial of benifits to certain groups of citizens...and giving out of benifits to other groups that arent even citizens...all depending on the political expediences of the moment...

How are we doing so far?

Now, I know that you leftist liberals cannot swallow reality or truth. You simply refuse truth.

No surprises there.

You have some college boy theory about how Obaqmacarfe works, and you will stick with that theory until the very end.

(Sort of like the absent minded professor characters we often see on TV and movies, who walks around mumbling to himself until he walks into something funny)

You will be going about spouting silly theories long after every one else has left the Obamacare issue long ago, and declared it a failure.

I dont think I have ever met anyone as removed from reality, or as completely untruthful about politics, as you are.

(Are you a College Professor, by any chance?)

But the theory about how Obamacare is supposed to work is one that college professors or the ultra naive and gullible might be fascinated with, but it is irrelevant anyway. And that is because...

The Obama regime just shoots from the hip all the time anyway. They dont even attempt to follow thier own Obamacare law.

They just make up policy decisions day by day, as it comes.

The Obama regime changes the Obamacare law every day. It is unconstitutional, and they cant do it legally. But they have thier people in all the important places, so by means of corruption, they can get away with it for now.

They enforce some parts, dont others, add, subtract, and change the policy of how to implement Obamacare each and every day.

So, you leftist college professsors will sort of be out of touch with the Obamacare law, as it is as wiggly and elusive as a snake. Hard to catch.

But you can ignore that truth and reality too, and just invent one that you like better. Most liberals do.
JC Fan

Indian Trail, NC

#231 Jul 5, 2014
The Faxx wrote:
<quoted text>I do appreciate your not so angry reply, but I still think you are a fake. Just my opinion, mind you. As for the death knell of unions, do you imagine why? Could it be the powers that be have declared war on the last bastion of employee recourse? If and when they destroy unions, it is a free for all. Remember your hero, Ronald Reagan, the turncoat once president of the SAG? Oh, how he praised Polish Solidarity as freedom, but from the other side of his mouth went on a union busting warpath? That damned Romney more or less declared war on the unions, stating that their usefulness has come and gone. Obama and friends have declared themselves to be pro union but are asleep at the wheel. I really can't trust the hand in hand relationship of government and big business while they are attempting to obliterating the last recourse to honest and constitutionally guaranteed rights to workers. 100 years plus of union sacrifice and hard work has given workers inalienable rights to fair treatment in the workforce. Those rights are under attack. If you believe those rights were granted by money hungry businesses, then you are tripping.
As for the merger of newspapers..........did the paperboy tell you that? I'm only joking. Just couldn't let it go by without my patented smart ass remark! I think we both will agree that the local governments want to conglomerate the tri cities as a small time metropolis. Imagine the money to be made there!
We will simply have to agree to disagree. Unfortunately, this isn't the type of forum individuals can share personal experiences and have truly safe discussions. Otherwise, I would invite you to come for a visit and lunch.
Schools

Mountain City, TN

#232 Jul 5, 2014
Hillbillyboy wrote:
Sure, just like any other lefty, big government program. It works in two parts...Theory...and Reality.
In the theory part, the big lies are given unto the naive...such as..."If you like youre plan, you can keep youre plan",,"If you like youre doctor, you can keep your doctor", or the now defunct...""Premiums will be more affordable!" and so on.
Big promises, but all lies.
And then there is the reality of Obamacare..
And first and foremost of the reality is the $$$ issues that guarantees a fat proffit for the ultra rich insurance companies that wrote the Obamacare Law. Times two for the big democrat supporters among them.
Hmm, imagine that? Big insurance companies that wrote and pushed Obamacare...wrote themselves huge, tax payer funded corporate profits into the hidden fine print of Obamacare.
Coincidence?
(Just how naive are you liberals?)
And then will come the other radical leftist atheist extremist dreams on the Obamacare, such as abortions stuff, doctors questioning gun owners, punishing people who might do something that is not politically correct, etc etc etc.
Miles of government intrusions, illegal political weaponization of health care, denial of benifits to certain groups of citizens...and giving out of benifits to other groups that arent even citizens...all depending on the political expediences of the moment...
How are we doing so far?
Now, I know that you leftist liberals cannot swallow reality or truth. You simply refuse truth.
No surprises there.
You have some college boy theory about how Obaqmacarfe works, and you will stick with that theory until the very end.
(Sort of like the absent minded professor characters we often see on TV and movies, who walks around mumbling to himself until he walks into something funny)
You will be going about spouting silly theories long after every one else has left the Obamacare issue long ago, and declared it a failure.
I dont think I have ever met anyone as removed from reality, or as completely untruthful about politics, as you are.
(Are you a College Professor, by any chance?)
But the theory about how Obamacare is supposed to work is one that college professors or the ultra naive and gullible might be fascinated with, but it is irrelevant anyway. And that is because...
The Obama regime just shoots from the hip all the time anyway. They dont even attempt to follow thier own Obamacare law.
They just make up policy decisions day by day, as it comes.
The Obama regime changes the Obamacare law every day. It is unconstitutional, and they cant do it legally. But they have thier people in all the important places, so by means of corruption, they can get away with it for now.
They enforce some parts, dont others, add, subtract, and change the policy of how to implement Obamacare each and every day.
So, you leftist college professsors will sort of be out of touch with the Obamacare law, as it is as wiggly and elusive as a snake. Hard to catch.
But you can ignore that truth and reality too, and just invent one that you like better. Most liberals do.
I do not believe you explained how it works and how people got covered by the plans offered. You certainly complained about it. I honestly think you do not understand how it works. How can you justify complaining about soothing you obviously do not understand?
Hillbillyboy

Stillwater, OK

#233 Jul 5, 2014
Schools wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe you explained how it works and how people got covered by the plans offered. You certainly complained about it. I honestly think you do not understand how it works. How can you justify complaining about soothing you obviously do not understand?
Why are you posting under another screenname?

Anyway, I was complaining about how it IS working, not the debunked false promises and ridiculous theory of how it is supposed to work.

Perhaps you imagine that you have a debating point if you stick to the theory, and ignore the reality?

Here is a single mother of two, who is working, but falls into the many loopholes and catch 22s that Obamacare is full of.

Here, just click on the link...

http://nation.time.com/2013/10/03/obamacare-p...

Obamacare...theory vs reality. Its every bit the trainwreck that conservatives said it would be.

Real people are hurting under Obamacare.

But just because the liberal mainstream news has long ago abandoned its duty to report truth, and just because liberal internet trolls will not admit the truth either, is no reason why we should go back and talk about the failed theory, while ignoring reality.

That would be like two men standing on the deck of the Titanic 5 minuets after she struck the iceberg, and debating as to why exactly they shouldnt worry, because the ship is theoretically unsinkable.

And then shouting at those who spread the alarm, because the alarmist doesnt "understand" the theory.

(But the alarmist probably understood salt water, just as I understand the failure of Obamacare)

So, tell us...what is the theory as to why the single mother is in debt up to her eyeballs in medical debt, and cant get Obamacare subsidies? What was the theory of that?

To just not see it coming? To pretend that it wouldnt?

(Even though many conservatives, myself included, posted about it and you argued that it wouldnt, and then spouted yet more ridiculous theory)
hillbilly two

La Follette, TN

#234 Jul 5, 2014
Bottom line..Obama will be gone soon
The Faxx

Kingsport, TN

#235 Jul 6, 2014
JC Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
We will simply have to agree to disagree. Unfortunately, this isn't the type of forum individuals can share personal experiences and have truly safe discussions. Otherwise, I would invite you to come for a visit and lunch.
That's fair enough, JC. Thanks for being a reasonable person. If ever comes the time we might have lunch, you are paying! I sure miss the Gurneyburger! Remember it? Like you said, we agree to disagree and there is no use in being polarized over it. I guess we have given one another enough hell in the name of mixed opinion. Don't get me wrong, I dislike Obama, his administration, and his ability to play the game, but the choices are mundane and pitiful. If ever a reasonable Republican ran for office, I might vote for him/her. Until then, I'm independent! Peace, my friend.
Hillbillyboy

Stillwater, OK

#236 Jul 7, 2014
And then there is the flagrant disregard that the lawless Obama administration has for the Constitution, and the US law in general.

The illegal alien migration/invasion from just about all of Central America is another case in point.

Why is the Federal government shipping tens of thousands of illegal aliens deeper into the US, setting up concentration camps for them ,denying members of Congress and the media any access to see these camps?

Instead of setting up thousands of camps for them in the US, why dont they just send them back?

That is what the law requires, after all.

Has the Obama administration ignored the law again?

Of course.

But the Obama crowd wouldnt be so bold as they are, except that the mainstream GOP Republicans are either exceptionally weak as to be useless, or they are quietly in on it with the Obama crowd.

Obama knows he wont have any trouble pushing around the weak and useless GOP guys like John Boehner, Lamaar Alexander, Phil Roe, Bob Corker, and all the other liberal extremist Republicans.

Ultimately, its the fault of the American voters for just blindly following along with the good-ole-boys political machine in thier districts that own the election process.

Thats how we wound up in the mess we are in, with horrible elected representatives in Washington who refuse to listen to the people, or enforce existing laws.
Small Business Owner

United States

#237 Jul 7, 2014
Schools wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe you explained how it works and how people got covered by the plans offered. You certainly complained about it. I honestly think you do not understand how it works. How can you justify complaining about soothing you obviously do not understand?
Keep watching hollywood stars and main stream propaganda media.
Howzabout

Kingsport, TN

#238 Jul 7, 2014
I see a lot of you people complaining about Obamacare, but wonder how many of you use it. I can say this, my sister who is retired and on a fixed income is now paying 1/4 of her old premium for better insurance than she had before Obamacare. I'm employed full time and have seen no increase in my premiums. As for the link provided by Hillbillyboy concerning the lady who doesn't qualify, blame Texas for refusing to accept the guidelines, another instance of political opposition resulting in citizens being denied rights. The ACA is the one and only good thing the current administration has accomplished.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#239 Jul 8, 2014
Howzabout wrote:
I see a lot of you people complaining about Obamacare, but wonder how many of you use it. I can say this, my sister who is retired and on a fixed income is now paying 1/4 of her old premium for better insurance than she had before Obamacare. I'm employed full time and have seen no increase in my premiums. As for the link provided by Hillbillyboy concerning the lady who doesn't qualify, blame Texas for refusing to accept the guidelines, another instance of political opposition resulting in citizens being denied rights. The ACA is the one and only good thing the current administration has accomplished.
Blame Texas for refusing?

Um...Texas didnt write or pass Obamacare. The Federal govt did that.

So, if the dummies that crammed Obamacare through without even reading it didnt take everything into account,(like states not participating) and just passed the law based on unfounded assumptions, then it was a poorly thought out law to start with.

And here is another story from another state of a couple who went to the exchanges last year, enrolled and paid premiums. But, a tumor was found in the interim, and she found out she wasnt covered due to a "glitch" in the Obamacare system.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/08/th...

Surgery was delayed, and the patient died while waiting for the Obamacare glitch to get fixed.

Of course, the insurance companies kept the premiums that were paid in.

Perhaps our liberal friends would like to explain (yet again) the theory about how Obamacare works, to the family of the deceased lady?
Howzabout

Kingsport, TN

#240 Jul 8, 2014
Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame Texas for refusing?
Um...Texas didnt write or pass Obamacare. The Federal govt did that.
So, if the dummies that crammed Obamacare through without even reading it didnt take everything into account,(like states not participating) and just passed the law based on unfounded assumptions, then it was a poorly thought out law to start with.
And here is another story from another state of a couple who went to the exchanges last year, enrolled and paid premiums. But, a tumor was found in the interim, and she found out she wasnt covered due to a "glitch" in the Obamacare system.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/08/th...
Surgery was delayed, and the patient died while waiting for the Obamacare glitch to get fixed.
Of course, the insurance companies kept the premiums that were paid in.
Perhaps our liberal friends would like to explain (yet again) the theory about how Obamacare works, to the family of the deceased lady?
There's likely a lot more to the story in the link, which would most likely occur with any money hungry insurance company. Everyone can dredge up bad publicity against ACA, but the good news is seldom mentioned.
Do you or anyone you know have any personal experiences with it, or do you just go by the political propaganda?
Justice Please

United States

#241 Jul 9, 2014
hillbilly two wrote:
Bottom line..Obama will be gone soon
To PRISON!
JC Fan

Elizabethton, TN

#242 Jul 9, 2014
The Faxx wrote:
<quoted text>That's fair enough, JC. Thanks for being a reasonable person. If ever comes the time we might have lunch, you are paying! I sure miss the Gurneyburger! Remember it? Like you said, we agree to disagree and there is no use in being polarized over it. I guess we have given one another enough hell in the name of mixed opinion. Don't get me wrong, I dislike Obama, his administration, and his ability to play the game, but the choices are mundane and pitiful. If ever a reasonable Republican ran for office, I might vote for him/her. Until then, I'm independent! Peace, my friend.
My mother used to take me and my siblings to the Franklin Pool in Elizabethton when we were kids. On the way back, we always stopped at Gurneyburger. I remember those hamburgers being huge. I wish it were back!
The Faxx

Kingsport, TN

#243 Jul 10, 2014
JC Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother used to take me and my siblings to the Franklin Pool in Elizabethton when we were kids. On the way back, we always stopped at Gurneyburger. I remember those hamburgers being huge. I wish it were back!
By Golly, the Gurneyburger was the best! In fact, I'm starting a new thread on it. I have been trying for years to see if anyone is ready to reveal the secret recipe. I remember Gurney's grandson David gave a try at reviving the Gurneyburger House, but it failed. He still won't give me the secret recipe! I think if Obama and Boehner sat down and had a Gurneyburger together they might just see the light and make some sense! Now I remember the old swimming pool on Swimming Pool Road up near Hampton (Braemer). Man alive, that was a long time ago. You are more than welcome to comment on the new thread. Let's leave all this arguing to the younger, more gullible generation..........I want a Gurneyburger!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poorboy lawncare 5 min Teresa 10
New Adult Bar Johnson City (Jul '16) 1 hr Pure Panty League 52
Be on the lookout for Tracy Nunley and Paula Em... 1 hr Wow 4
Boones Creek McDonalds 1 hr Wow 13
State Trooper 2 hr Wow 15
Wellness center 3 hr Discrimination 1
America Is A Christian Nation 8 hr Common 21

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance