Keal

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Did anyone else hear that strange, bass sounding noise. It was really odd and I've never heard anything like it before. It want on for about a minute and drowned out the sound of helicopters and other vehicles. Weird.
mrogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch...
life as it is men,just a Orgasm
Wenton

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Keal wrote:
Did anyone else hear that strange, bass sounding noise. It was really odd and I've never heard anything like it before. It want on for about a minute and drowned out the sound of helicopters and other vehicles. Weird.
Yes, I heard that odd noise and thought it was thunder at first. It wasn't a rumble, more like a long drawn out bass note or something. I have no idea what on earth it was. I live on the south side of JC in a very noisy neighborhood, but it drowned out every other racket. Strange!
hmmm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Keal wrote:
No I didn't hear it and you didn't either. This is an old viral hoax from "strange noise" videos posted on youtube.
Keal

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't hear it and you didn't either. This is an old viral hoax from "strange noise" videos posted on youtube.
No, it was very real. No hoax.
Jonsey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Has anyone heard the real story?
BogasmordKid

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
No b.s. I heard it too. Yes, hoaxes do exist, but this was something for real. I was flopped out on the couch reading and heard it. At first I thought it was thunder and then thought it was my neighbors heat pump kicking in, but it just went on and on. It reminded me of the sound a waterpipe makes under pressure, but went on forever and didn't change in tone. Now I'm not one to go off for unexplained phenomena and think it was just something in nature or a man made thing. It sure was freaky though. But I did hear it! Any other time I would have just dismissed it, but since others heard it too, I'm wondering.
ashley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

i have heard this noise several times before.........with not one cloud or plane or any other logical reason ... kinda makes you wonder, huh?
Caleb Law

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Keal wrote:
Rumors around the world is that those strange bass noises are actually among the many trumpets from Heaven that are to be sounded near "The End". YouTube has videos of these trumpet noises. If The End REALLY IS coming in a few years from now, then I only have 1 thing to say: HELL, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!
Buckweed

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Kind of on the same note, did anyone else's car alarm go off around 8 o'clock pm Tuesday? The place where I work had a bunch of them go off. Maybe it was just the wind shoving cars around, maybe something else, maybe a minor quake? Anyhow something sent the car alarms off. And for the record, I heard the strange noise a while back. I'm not a fan of hype, but I sure did hear it. No sh**! It just went on and on, like a groaning. Before you start insulting me, I know what I heard.
Bullywood

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Buckweed wrote:
Kind of on the same note, did anyone else's car alarm go off around 8 o'clock pm Tuesday? The place where I work had a bunch of them go off. Maybe it was just the wind shoving cars around, maybe something else, maybe a minor quake? Anyhow something sent the car alarms off. And for the record, I heard the strange noise a while back. I'm not a fan of hype, but I sure did hear it. No sh**! It just went on and on, like a groaning. Before you start insulting me, I know what I heard.
One answer for car alarms is also an errant electronic signal that's on the same frequency. But the groaning is intriguing. Can you decrbe it? These are the end times ......
Les

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Alot of times, it's hard to pinpoint the aircraft from the noise it's making. A couple of military helicopters would make a low rumble as they passed and you may be looking in the wrong direction for them.
Buckweed

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Bullywood wrote:
<quoted text>
One answer for car alarms is also an errant electronic signal that's on the same frequency. But the groaning is intriguing. Can you decrbe it? These are the end times ......
Seems the sound was very much like a bass note that didn't change at all. It lasted for at least 30 or more seconds. I thought it was thunder at first, but it didn't change in pitch or rumble at all. I live in a noisy neighborhood with industrial whams and blams and such, but this wasn't the ordinary racket. It actually did sound like a moan, but the amazing thing was that it didn't end any differently than it started. It was there, then it was gone. I don't know about end times, but it sure was freaky.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Johnson City Forum right now

Search the Johnson City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 12 min WTSenior 124,330
FOX at it again 38 min Southern man 32
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 53 min NTMD8OR 58,286
Cliven Bundy Ranch Standoff 1 hr Hillbillyboy 84
Washington County School Board Bill Brinkley an... 3 hr Fed up 3
Debbie Morrison Boones Creek Elementary (Aug '11) 3 hr Karen Jenkins 44
Coward Kelly Wolfe Cannot Take Heat 4 hr WaitingGame 10
•••
•••
•••
Johnson City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Johnson City Jobs