Burger king next to the mall?

Burger king next to the mall?

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

community watch dog

Denver, NC

#1 May 22, 2013
Wanted my whopper fix today while in jc but could not get it because the resturant next to the mall has shut down? Anyone know why? 39 years is a long time to be in business and then go out.
RicoSuave

Kansas City, MO

#2 May 22, 2013
Becuase me n my longtime butt buddy couldnt finish are career's there ....
Me n Cheese Puff Daddy are now the new janitors at newbies....dont forget every thurs we give free reach arounds ....RicoSuave style
bugerlover

United States

#3 May 22, 2013
Sad ...but with all the resteraunts ...hard for fast food places to stay the course
Cheese Puff Daddy

United States

#4 May 22, 2013
RicoSuave wrote:
Becuase me n my longtime butt buddy couldnt finish are career's there ....
Me n Cheese Puff Daddy are now the new janitors at newbies....dont forget every thurs we give free reach arounds ....RicoSuave style
Ive told u too keep quiet bout that silly
One Eye No Brain

United States

#5 May 22, 2013
1974-5. We had a 25 minute lunch period at Science Hill then. Me and my buddies Dashed out of class, piled in a friend's car and Drove Like Hell to this "new" Burger King!
We all wolfed down our Whoppers, piled back in the car and Dashed back into class with seconds to spare!
We probably slept through the class right after that, but it was FUN!

On alternate days, we'd go to the Spot, get a quart of beer each and then go to the convenience store that used to be across from Mahoneys for their 3 for a buck hotdogs.

Beer and hotdogs...It's what made America Great!
or fat...whatever.
whopper

Watauga, TN

#6 May 22, 2013
I noticed it gone last Friday, again, anyone know why?
Pop

Jonesborough, TN

#7 May 22, 2013
One Eye No Brain wrote:
1974-5. We had a 25 minute lunch period at Science Hill then. Me and my buddies Dashed out of class, piled in a friend's car and Drove Like Hell to this "new" Burger King!
We all wolfed down our Whoppers, piled back in the car and Dashed back into class with seconds to spare!
We probably slept through the class right after that, but it was FUN!
On alternate days, we'd go to the Spot, get a quart of beer each and then go to the convenience store that used to be across from Mahoneys for their 3 for a buck hotdogs.
Beer and hotdogs...It's what made America Great!
or fat...whatever.
1978, hopped in the car during lunch and sped to the Burger King. Sat down to expeditiously eat our meal. Someone walks up and says "hi there boys". I look up and it is non other than Mr. Brewer. the end result ... he didn't do a thing. I got pardoned that day and I still don't know the reason.
ETSU sucker

Knoxville, TN

#8 May 23, 2013
BURGER KING TOO??? I think CICI'S PIZZA and that burger joint KRYSTALS closed too! went by both today and not a car in the parking lot-never seen that before!
One Eye No Brain

United States

#9 May 23, 2013
Ah yes, Mr. Brewer...I have spent lo these many years trying to erase that name from my memory. Unsucessfully, I see.

More beer, weed and hotdogs are required!
Party On!
Botime

Greenville, SC

#10 May 24, 2013
Theyre turning it into a Bojangles.
whopper

Watauga, TN

#11 May 25, 2013
well, bojangles is good, but I'll miss the whoppers.
Annon

Brentwood, TN

#12 Jun 6, 2013
Yeah, but you can't get a veggie burger at BoJangles...
Anon

Mount Juliet, TN

#13 Jul 14, 2013
Probably wasnt making money. I notice BK parking lots empty while Taco Bell and Mickey Ds are full at the same time. When you go into a Burger King they look like a bunch of parolees.
Local Police

Lexington, SC

#14 Jul 16, 2013
Anon wrote:
Probably wasnt making money. I notice BK parking lots empty while Taco Bell and Mickey Ds are full at the same time. When you go into a Burger King they look like a bunch of parolees.
That's because the most people that work fast food are one of two categories: teenagers/young adults or ex-cons. lol
abc

Johnson City, TN

#15 Jul 16, 2013
so sad
howdy who

Elizabethton, TN

#16 Aug 12, 2013
The owner of BK next to the mall closed own because of tax reasons. He stated that in a letter to the JCPress a few weeks ago. Johnson City keeps raising the taxes on the property so he decided to close the doors and sell the property. You can probably find the letter and also a story on the closing of BK in the JC archives. The owner said the yearly taxes on the property are now higher than the amount he bought the property for 39 years ago. Johnson City is getting too big for their britches!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslim Contributions to America? 3 hr Ole Sandman hatin... 61
Doe Ridge apartments 3 hr wings 1
William Clever- FNP (Jun '11) 9 hr ihearstupitpeople 64
Updated JC Wife video 20 hr Not Guilty 76
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 22 hr DonotBeThatNaive 1,640
Took it off? Wed MalcomX 3
Isn't panhandling illegal?? (Jul '12) Wed Iseedumbpeople 129

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance