First Prev
of 2
Next Last
James

Kingsport, TN

#1 Aug 12, 2010
Does anybody know of gas stations that sell pure gas without ethanol in the Tricites? Thanks.
Why

Sylvester, GA

#2 Aug 12, 2010
Is ethanol bad for engines?
Super octane

Canonsburg, PA

#3 Aug 12, 2010
@ James, Sunoco stations usually are Ethanol free. @ why, the ethanol attacks rubber seals and fuel pump diaphrams and drys them up which ruins them.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#4 Aug 12, 2010
Gas with ethanol also gives worse mileage.

Since: Oct 09

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Aug 12, 2010
James wrote:
Does anybody know of gas stations that sell pure gas without ethanol in the Tricites? Thanks.
As best as I remember there is a convenience store/gas station in Unicoi that sells pure gasoline. I don't remember the name, but if you take the Unicoi exit off I26, turn left on to the main street. It will be the first store on the left.
mom

Johnson City, TN

#6 Aug 13, 2010
The Apple Shed on Kingsport Highway between Gray and I81 has ethanol free gas. Also, T's Market at the corner of Roan and Watauga in Johnson City has ethanol free gas. I have seen about a 15% improvement in fuel mileage since switching to it.

Since: Apr 10

Kingsport, TN

#7 Aug 13, 2010
Chevron was, last I checked.
also

Chatsworth, GA

#8 Aug 13, 2010
laffingravy wrote:
<quoted text>As best as I remember there is a convenience store/gas station in Unicoi that sells pure gasoline. I don't remember the name, but if you take the Unicoi exit off I26, turn left on to the main street. It will be the first store on the left.
The gas station after you take a right on main road in Unicoi also has pure gasoline. We just got it two days ago. Also that little tire store on Jackson Love Hgwy in Erwin across from the Bp has pure gasoline.
jenn

United States

#9 Aug 13, 2010
also wrote:
<quoted text>
The gas station after you take a right on main road in Unicoi also has pure gasoline. We just got it two days ago. Also that little tire store on Jackson Love Hgwy in Erwin across from the Bp has pure gasoline.
Pioneer Market on 107 has it and the Marathon that used to be Korner Market on Tuscculm Blvd at the red light in Greeneville says there is no ethanol.

It is also bad for weed eaters. We found that when mixing to use less 2 cycle oil like 3 oz in stead of 3.6oz per gal. Ethanol is from corn so there is oil in the fuel.

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Aug 13, 2010
Thanks for the heads up on local good gasoline! Yep, ethanol is bad stuff. Please everybody, post more locations! Thanks.
Shannon

Nashville, TN

#11 Aug 15, 2010
Washington co. coop advertises 100% gas
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#12 Aug 15, 2010
The gas station on the state line highway in Elizabethton near the drivein advertises "no ethanol"
need to know

Knoxville, TN

#13 Aug 16, 2010
is this dangerous?
Allen

Johnson City, TN

#14 Aug 24, 2010
James wrote:
There are two in Johnson City on Roan Street. T's market @#1 and #2. One is at 607 N roan and the other is at 908 N roan Street. Nothing but real gas.
Allen

Kingsport, TN

#15 Aug 31, 2010
Non Ethanol gas gives about 20% more gase mailage too, so it's worth the extra dime per gallon!
Allen

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Oct 22, 2010
Why wrote:
Is ethanol bad for engines?
I had thought the ethanol thing might be a gimmic. However from first hand use I have changed my mind. Gas with ethanol will harm even a 2 cycle. Weed eaters, blowers, chainsaws etc.. will all have their life extended by using no ethanol gas.

“The One The Only”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 22, 2010
ALL volco stations are free from it
hillbilly 2

Winnsboro, SC

#18 Oct 22, 2010
James wrote:
there is one behind grindstaff that sells it. Its a little mom and pop place with aptments on top

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19 Nov 3, 2010
"The Store", yes that's what it's called, on Cherokee Road near Lamar school is no-ethanol.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#20 Nov 4, 2010
7 star across from the Burger King that they turned into a Japanese place up from the The Cottage in JC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man assaulted at New Beginnings (Mar '11) 1 hr jeff w 40
Johnson Shitty 1 hr franklin 34
I need to suck a $@&* 1 hr franklin 4
weed in johnson city (Feb '15) 1 hr shirl 6
Should I? 1 hr shirl 9
washington co. prisoner for new supertendant. 1 hr noway 8
Gas Tax 1 hr possum jones 21
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Sun sq of PDX 982
More from around the web

Personal Finance