The Blend

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Nov 18, 2012
I would like to ask you a favor on this anonymous post. I'd like to know what it's like to live in and aroind the 3rd largest city in the US. What's the good and the bad? What are the views? The culture? The entertainment? Brief us on PRE-presidential Obama. Why would say that Niles, Illinois has a crime rate not only below that of Illinois, but below the national average? Is it well-to-do ?

Ill go first. I live in Johnson City, TN. It was recently shown to be the 2nd most depressed city in the US. I honestly don't know how they got that. Perhaps by the amount of anti-depressants that are prescribed. There's a larger than average gay population. East Tennessee is largely "conservative" or even further right. Over the past two decades almost all the sheriffs have been arrested and convicted. It's almost continuous. Church People seem to be the angriest of all. Honestly, it's hard to tell what bothers them the most and I'm sure it varies. Some seem to perceive that the rest of America has strayed from the commandments and the Bible and that is what is bringing about our downfall. Others are easily seen thru. They just hate to think that 40 million people are getting food stamps and benefits and they aren't. Our state leaders at the worst possible people you can imagine. Just south of us in Greeneville, a state representative beat his wife up in March, had the trial,postponed 5 times and got re-elected. He punched her in the face while she was holding an infant child.(RE-ELECTED). They outlawed baggy pants during the last legislative session. They halted the construction of a Muslim Mosque from being built. The Lt Governor (in Tenneessee that's automatically whoever has been in the legislature the longest) He is NEVER opposed, so he is automatically the speaker and the Lt Governor. Anyhow, his biggest contributor is Jack Daniels Distillery and his campaign platform is "Christian Values". Honest to God, he's so ignorant that he can barely finish a sentence. The population is a narrow mix. As is probably the same everywhere, there are both civil and uncivil people. Jerks outnumber the nice people about 5:1. Churches are about the same 5 of them are literally hate groups, but the 6th one is a VERY VERY genuine church that teaches loving principles and cares for the poor, the elderly and the widows. Almost 50% of east Tennesseans seek mental health assistance in their lifetime......WAY WAY WAY above the national average. OK. YOUR TURN
The Blend

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Nov 18, 2012
I'm sorry, the above post was made aimed at a person with a screen name Picky Heart. He or she hails from Niles, Illinois. Just outside Chicago. I just wanted to get some views from that area.

I hope my views of this area don't offend anyone. It's just my opinion and I'm often wrong,
oilandwater

Johnson City, TN

#3 Nov 19, 2012
The Blend wrote:
I'm sorry, the above post was made aimed at a person with a screen name Picky Heart. He or she hails from Niles, Illinois. Just outside Chicago. I just wanted to get some views from that area.
I hope my views of this area don't offend anyone. It's just my opinion and I'm often wrong,
Man you sure are appropiately named, "The Blend",....now comeon, have a sense of humor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tax And Spend David Tomita 6 hr JCFan 12
DNC Disgrace 6 hr hmmm 3
Liars For Jesus Go Directly To Hell (May '11) 8 hr Don 48
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 8 hr say what 159
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 9 hr DonotbesoNaive 1,520
patrick grayson 10 hr GTG1985 3
Anthony Bell 17 hr hmmm 3

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance